Just a Thought.......

M

mbb321

I'm listening back to the second night at the RAH from 2002. I've not heard suedehead played so perfectly on many other bootlegs. Alain Whyte was a part of that, he is very sorely missed and it would only be a positive move for him to return to the fold.

Any views on Jesse and a long term future for him in the band?

Deano

> Any views on Jesse and a long term future for him in the band?

jesse is a fantastic player, no question. it would be interesting to see what he can write.

> I'm listening back to the second night at the RAH from 2002. I've not
> heard suedehead played so perfectly on many other bootlegs. Alain Whyte
> was a part of that, he is very sorely missed and it would only be a
> positive move for him to return to the fold.

> Any views on Jesse and a long term future for him in the band?

> Deano

I really hope Alain is well and on the road to rcovery.

As a guitarist he is not in the same league as Jesse.Not by a mile.

I suppose the key factor is can Jesse write songs that Morrissey would use ?

Personally,I think a change of songwriting partner might do Morrissey some good.

Jesse/Alian/Marr

I think Jesse is quite a good guitarist, but he just doesn't seem to fit in with the other guys, I see him as an outsider, as though he's not really suppossed to be there, maybe it's just cause the other guys have that 'pale' rockabilly image and then here's Jesse, a totally different race, from a different country. I didn't at all mean that as a racist remark either by the way.

If Alain is never to return I will admit that I would love more than anything else to see Johhny Marr beside him (imagine him rocking out to irish blood and fotgtd as well as his old classics - 20 years on) and maybe something new by him and moz.

I can't imagine Jesse writing something in Morrissey's style for some reason and to be honest, If it was up to me, I wouldn't have Jesse co writing.

Another interesting thought is... Imagine Moz took up the guitar... It wouldn't be as personal then when playing live but it would be weird, if not intersting to see. I'd be curious to see what music moz would come up with.... Imagine him behind a piano doing the Elton John thing... noooo!!!

This post is just returning into random thoughts now so i'll stop.

Your thoughts are appreciated handsome, but IMO Alain is a better guitarist than Jesse

Re: Jesse/Alian/Marr

> I think Jesse is quite a good guitarist, but he just doesn't seem to fit
> in with the other guys, I see him as an outsider, as though he's not
> really suppossed to be there, maybe it's just cause the other guys have
> that 'pale' rockabilly image and then here's Jesse, a totally different
> race, from a different country. I didn't at all mean that as a racist
> remark either by the way.

methinks that we've gotten very used to having 'the lads' around and a replacement, especially for our beloved alain, sticks out like a sore thumb. however, having seen jesse live, i have to say that there's a fluidity about his style that alain lacks. chalk it up to 2 different guitarists from 2 different continents.

> If Alain is never to return I will admit that I would love more than
> anything else to see Johhny Marr beside him (imagine him rocking out to
> irish blood and fotgtd as well as his old classics - 20 years on) and
> maybe something new by him and moz.

"whoever you are, wherever you are - don't lose faith"

> I can't imagine Jesse writing something in Morrissey's style for some
> reason and to be honest, If it was up to me, I wouldn't have Jesse co
> writing.

i never have, but have you heard any of jesse's music with his ex-girl? very pop, from what i understand. and as far as i can tell, 'viva hate' was nothing like 'kill uncle', which was nothing like 'your arsenal', which was nothing like 'maladjusted', etc. - moz has proven to have, and be capable of, many different styles. i think the idea of jesse not being able to write in moz's style is a bit over the top, unless you're familiar with his own songs (which i am admittedly not), having not heard anything.

Back
Top Bottom