Just a thought about Alain

T

tomsidg

I'm sure someone must have pondered this but:

What if Alain left? I was watching the Hulstfed festival and Morrissey says 'we hope he comes back when he's ready'. I really don't think morrissey fired him and I'm sure he's coming back as Boz has said that Alain is itching to play. I don't know hy I'm saying this now as its very old news but i just got the thought whilst watching the festival video again. Sorry to trouble you.

I know I've joked about it in the past, but I do think it's time we let Alain rest. No, Morrissey didn't fire him, that's silly. We all know that. Also, if Morrissey had fired him he wouldn't have mentioned him at the Hultsfred festival; you're right about that. Also, he dedicated a song to him not too long ago, if anyone remembers.
Whatever is bothering Alain, it's personal. I don't know, and it's not really our business to know. However, I do wish we knew whether he were coming back or not. If no one knows, maybe they could say they don't know. Not to sound like a lemming, but they do know best on this one in the Moz-camp, so maybe we should just let it be.
Anyhow, Boz hit the nail on the head, and he knows best - Alain is itching to play. I definitely don't want to start the rumour mill up again, even though this one is pretty innocuous - maybe his back is still bothering him. Who knows?
Alain is a kick-arse guitar player. Especially that sit-down slide guitar thing. lol

DD

wouldnt it be awesome if alain showed up on vh1 to promote his new motivator album. yeah man totally!

all jokes aside, too bad his motivator album will never see the light of day. too bad too bad.....rip????

> I know I've joked about it in the past, but I do think it's time we let
> Alain rest.

Indeed Alain is resting. He doesn't seem to be performing/appearing anywhere at all - that we've heard of. He is missed.

> I'm sure someone must have pondered this but:

> What if Alain left? I was watching the Hulstfed festival and Morrissey
> says 'we hope he comes back when he's ready'. I really don't think
> morrissey fired him and I'm sure he's coming back as Boz has said that
> Alain is itching to play. I don't know hy I'm saying this now as its very
> old news but i just got the thought whilst watching the festival video
> again. Sorry to trouble you.

> I miss Alain and wish he would come back. Jesse was very good, no disrespect to him but.....well it would be nice to see Alain onstage with the boys again... good luck and hurry back wherever you are mate!

> I know I've joked about it in the past, but I do think it's time we let
> Alain rest. No, Morrissey didn't fire him, that's silly. We all know that.
> Also, if Morrissey had fired him he wouldn't have mentioned him at the
> Hultsfred festival; you're right about that. Also, he dedicated a song to
> him not too long ago, if anyone remembers.
> Whatever is bothering Alain, it's personal. I don't know, and it's not
> really our business to know. However, I do wish we knew whether he were
> coming back or not. If no one knows, maybe they could say they don't know.
> Not to sound like a lemming, but they do know best on this one in the
> Moz-camp, so maybe we should just let it be.
> Anyhow, Boz hit the nail on the head, and he knows best - Alain is itching
> to play. I definitely don't want to start the rumour mill up again, even
> though this one is pretty innocuous - maybe his back is still bothering
> him. Who knows?
> Alain is a kick-arse guitar player. Especially that sit-down slide guitar
> thing. lol

> DD

It could be that Alain is unable to say for sure if he is returning or not.Say perhaps that Alain is suffering from manic depression.Recently diagnosed, and is now on a course of treatment aimed at stabilising his moods.

He may simply be unable to say just now how his long term future is looking.

Alain left because he had a nervous breakdown. He will probably be back soon unless he gets replaced. Even if he does come back, who knows how long till it happens again.

I watched the Glamorous Glue performance from SNL the other night and I hope that Alain did return someday. I was anxious to see Mr. Tobias play here in Houston but I was also anxious to see that lead singer guy from the Smiths but he cancelled due to strained vocal chords on the day of the concert then played an amazing show dressed up as a priest in Los Angeles THREE DAYS LATER. Ain't that about a b?

I am still not over it.

> I watched the Glamorous Glue performance from SNL the other night and I
> hope that Alain did return someday. I was anxious to see Mr. Tobias play
> here in Houston but I was also anxious to see that lead singer guy from
> the Smiths but he cancelled due to strained vocal chords on the day of the
> concert then played an amazing show dressed up as a priest in Los Angeles
> THREE DAYS LATER. Ain't that about a b?

> I am still not over it.

i liked how he knew that he would still have strained vocal chords the next day and had to cancel austin as well.

Alan who?? he's nothing compared to the talent that is Johnny Marr, he's the only guitarist who really matters when talking about Morrissey/The Smiths

Yeah, cos Marr's done tons of great work since he decided he was too good for the Smiths.

Back
Top Bottom