Is it just me or...

9 x Fined

nevermind
are there ALOT of people here in the US seeing Moz for the first time on this tour. I am wondering how you new fans out there came to discover Morrissey at such a late stage in his career. I mean it's not like his rocking the pop charts or anything.

ever curious,

9xF

I heard First Of The Gang To Die on a Greek radio. I then discovered The Smiths, fell in love with them and (consequently?) with Morrissey. But I don't live in the US. I haven't seen him live yet.

I think it's an age thing...I wasn't really buying albums at 5 years old when The Smiths/Moz were in their haydays I guess...I think it shows though how the tunes stand the test of times:)

are there ALOT of people here in the US seeing Moz for the first time on this tour. I am wondering how you new fans out there came to discover Morrissey at such a late stage in his career. I mean it's not like his rocking the pop charts or anything.

ever curious,

9xF

A friend turned me on to Morrissey and the Smiths about 6-7 years ago. I was a sentient being when they were together (I'm 44), but I liked other types of music then, I guess. My friend played "Seasick, Yet Still Docked" for me a couple of times and I was hooked, and then she made CDs for me of Morrissey solo and the Smiths, and I was REALLY hooked. The reason I'm just now going to a show is that he's performing in a nearby city (Dallas) and I have the opportunity. I don't have any desire to follow him around and see a bunch of shows - this may be the only time I ever see him live, and I plan to enjoy the heck out of it.

Back
Top Bottom