Iranian Cleric Issues Fatwa Against Dogs

Theo

LINK

Man’s best friend is too filthy to be kept in Iran.
That’s the verdict from cleric Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi, who issued a religious ruling (a fatwa, in the Islamic faith) decrying the practice of keeping dogs as pets.

“Friendship with dogs is a blind imitation of the West,” Shirazi said, according to a Reuters report. “There are lots of people in the West who love their dogs more than their wives and children.”

Iranians face fines for bringing dogs out in cars or playing with them in public parks. Shirazi says Islamic tradition teaches that dogs are “unclean.”

That reminds me that I had created a thread about Louis Farrakhan a couple months back and forgot to follow up on it. It reminds me of that because I had viewed a bunch of Farrakhan speeches on YouTube back around Easter (because leftist rapper Chuck D told me I couldn't say I understand till I heard the man) and was shocked at how f***ing insane he is, and by how a lot of mainstream leftists kiss his ass (Jesse Jackson, Cornell West, Tavis Smiley, Jeremiah Wright (Obama's pastor for 20 years)). And one of the funnier things Farrakhan goes on about in his hella long sermons on YouTube (while he's offering his deranged theories about how white people were created) is how the white people lived in caves with dogs. I guess I gotta go back to that thread and finish it.

Yeah, that was a whole theory Farrakhan pushes. White people have more hair on their bodies because they were in caves and made friends with dogs. I dunno, Cornell West gives him high fives for that rubbish. Go watch the Youtubes yourself. I'll post them soon.

That apparently passes as intelligent stuff to Jesse Jackson, Tavis Smiley, and Obama's pastor of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright.

But I'll get back to that thread later.

What do you think of this Iranian cleric issuing a fatwa against dogs?

:crazy:

Last edited:
I just found this YouTube from 2008, saying that a 70 year old man in Iran was given 4 months in jail and 30 lashes for walking his dog in public. You don't need to listen to the full video, as it ends up being someone pushing Jesus. But is that true? A 70 year old man got jail and lashes for walking a dog?

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4l1xpwj2n4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4l1xpwj2n4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[Youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGgtdvzhoIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGgtdvzhoIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:mad: Yo! It's not our fault if people love us!

BSC stuff.:crazy: And I suppose cats (eg Puss in Boots) are squeaky clean and help with the dishes? :rolleyes:

HA!

I don't "expel angels from a house". I only expel taxmen, postmen and nasty personal assistants, I'll have you know, silly bearded fella.:mad:

Last edited:
Baby_Bombs_Bin_Laden-vi.jpg

“Friendship with dogs is a blind imitation of the West,” Shirazi said, according to a Reuters report. “There are lots of people in the West who love their dogs more than their wives and children.”
Give a wife a bone, not the dog....heh heh:blushing:

Iranians face fines for bringing dogs out in cars or playing with them in public parks. Shirazi says Islamic tradition teaches that dogs are “unclean.”
Oooh dear me, save us from the dirty dogs....:rolleyes:

Yet another fine example of pain in the arse rules coming from religion.
But, might I add, not knowing much about Islamic teachings is it
possible this guy is just off his rocker?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom