How do you move on?

C

Copeland

How do you move on from an intense five-year relationship? I feel hollow and sick.

> How do you move on from an intense five-year relationship? I
> feel hollow and sick.

I don't want to claim to even be able to touch that kind of pain or belittle your situation, but isn't this kind of thing what Morrissey is for?
Karen

Don't have relationships. They aren't worth it.

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, Copeland. I have been through this to. The only thing I can tell you is to allow yourself to grieve. People will tell you all the cliches....but do your best to ignore them. Feelings that are that strong will never just fade away gracefully. Sooner or later the memories won't be as painful and you'll know that you have survived. Make sure that you talk to someone that loves you and will help you through....Hold on to your Friends.

TWO avenues monkeymonkey:

The whole world spins, you feel betrayed, you feel hateful yet you still love this enemy.

Greasetea sees it two ways:

Kill yourself or Kill the person.

Greasetea hates relationships and although three years is not as much as five, i owe it to Colleen for creating this disgusting presence before you!

So Copeland, Greasetea wishes you support for your friends and all the vengeance and hate of a demigod is yours for the asking, just close your eyes and hate. HATE IS GOOD! Just ask Moz...

So spaketh Greasetea: kill the enemy or kill yourself.

> feel hollow and sick.

You don't.

You repress, bury it deep within you like fungus within a rotting tree trunk, and you develop a keen sense of bitterness and wrath.

It's great fun, better than feeling nothing at all!

> feel hollow and sick.

Time is a great healer.
Speed.

> feel hollow and sick.

You can try to bury yourself in your work or some other project that will distract your thoughts. Having been through this before... the only consolation I can offer is that years down the road I can only remember the good times... but the bad part is I still feel hollow sometimes...

I hope you find your way!

> Don't have relationships. They aren't worth it.

dont worry
just forget her
in time things will be much better
us boys should stick together
good times are just around the corner.

don't listen to the saddoes who tell you relationsips are not worth it.get back out there asap!!Good luck!!

> feel hollow and sick.

Sorry, i'm too lazy to read the other replies today. But exercise is one of the best ways. It regulates everything in your body and mind and tightens you up for the next prospect.

Swim 50-100 laps 4-5 times a week and or jog 3-5 miles 4-5 times a week.

it works,

hnia

Re: so you want to move on

> feel hollow and sick.

well, you're offering us no particulars, so here's a general one ...
try to be creative. there's no miracle solution, you'll have to live it through. but you can do sth with the emotions, if you want to.

if it's precisely this that blocks you, try isolation from the rest of the world (convents are fine), or sth not goal-oriented (volunteering).

I wouldn't go for the sporty stuff like swimming or running, that's mentally rather boring. Maybe sth more dangerous that requires all your attention (rock-climbing, combat sports, ...), or - if you're not tired of people - team sports.

oh, and don't force yourself into anything.

> feel hollow and sick.

Alas there is no "moving on". Blow your brains out man.

> feel hollow and sick.

just grieve, time will take care of the rest.

Time (like everyone says....heals all wounds) Just hold on to your good memories. Take with u all the positive. Don't try to get in another relationship any time soon...or else the rest of your life will be a girl you replaced the last one with and you'll have your insecurities of it ending in the back of your mind. Don't lock yourself in your room and not talk to your friends about it. Get out and have as much fun as you can. Take some friends hiking for instance, most of all keep busy (or you'll get depressed). Think about her, it's okay, but don't let it own your life. Maybe she's wasn't the girl of your dreams, but you'll find her, just don't worry, "stretch out and wait."

it`s strange but the best way of move on is feeling intensely your pain: don`t try to console yourself, don`t try to lie to yourself saying everything is ok (because it`s not).

a good day you`ll be tried of suffering, then you`ll be ok.

if you lie to yourself trying to think in other things and trying to console yourself you`ll just get nervous, because you know this is not satisfying you. you have to suffer to finish your pains faster.

> feel hollow and sick.

> feel hollow and sick.

5 years seems like a long time to me! maybe you can apperciate the fact that you had 5 years of such intensity. I just read an article on morissey in which he says something about some relationships aren't meant to last forever. maybe he's right? If it was meant to be .....it will be.

I don't think he was looking for sick humor

> Alas there is no "moving on". Blow your brains out
> man.

THAT really isn't funny. this guy is in pain.

A very very wise friend once said to me when I was struggling in a relationship:

If it's meant to be, there's nothing you'll be able to do to tear it apart; if it's not meant to be, there's nothing you'll be able to do to keep it together.

It wasn't meant to be, then. Maybe that's some kind of solace. This advice certainly helped me.

Re: giggling!

> Sorry, i'm too lazy to read the other replies today. But
> exercise is one of the best ways. It regulates everything in
> your body and mind and tightens you up for the next prospect.

> Swim 50-100 laps 4-5 times a week and or jog 3-5 miles 4-5 times
> a week.

> it works,

> hnia

I SAID you were unutterably sensible with a keen sense of purpose!

I knew it, I knew it...oh yes I did!

Back
Top Bottom