How Do YOU Make Sense Of Your Life?

Hi Mozzites

There really IS no meaning. It seems to me if we were all brutally honest with ourselves we would have to admit that humanity, and much less ourselves are incredibly insignificant. So how do you wake up in the morning knowing your life means nothing?

MY MUSIC LINK
nocap.jpg

Re: How Do YOU validate your existence?

Okay first jacknut, using the term "mozzites" is worthy of a quick spiky mace (resembling spicklez do') smashed across your chalky face until he only thing hanging is your tooth and an eye you big hurkie!
STRIKE ONE

Secondly fu.ckface, you are obviously a fat goth, so listen up and stop stuffing those sticks of butter in your mouth (black does make one look slimmer but you chubbie, it's a bit too late for that one penis-face) and think before you ask such stupid questions. God, yer mom must wish you were aborted or even perhaps she was quickly kicked in the stomach so you were stillborn you cock-hick.
STRIKE TWO

So why don't you on Mother's Day give her that wish and take that nice keyboard you use to type with and smack it about across your head until you lie unconscious. As I piss all ovryour nice pulpy head,I wink and say "HEY THIS IS THE MEANING IN MY LIFE" and then I shall have sex with your mom and force your three eyed couin to watch.
STRIKE THREE.

I'm out asshillyhole.

Moz be the bozzz and Boz be the spicklez while Gaz is just too sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. A-dawg is just a prick though.

The question is, how do YOU?

I'm sorry, but I'm bloody tired and can't keep my eyes closed. I don't know how seriously this question was being asked, but what the hell. I really didn't want to post here anymore but at the moment, I've got few better things to do, but even less energy to do them. That didn't quite make sense, but let's move on shall we?

> There really IS no meaning. It seems to me if we were all
> brutally honest with ourselves we would have to admit that
> humanity, and much less ourselves are incredibly insignificant.
> So how do you wake up in the morning knowing your life means
> nothing?

It actually doesn't take brutal honesty to admit this to oneself Mr. PhrenzyMac. People have lived and died trying and trying, never having answered this question regarding purpose within a random and pointless universe. I believe that this is what is to be expected if the question is asked at all. Before one comes to such a conclusion, one must first admit that there is no God. From there, logic and philosophy take over.

This is obviously not a discussion to be condensed into a short message board post, but I'll attempt to be terse.

I think the trick is to think small. If there's no omnipotent being watching over us all, having already given us our directions, then we must remain grounded within the world that we live. Deal with what you can, and come to terms with what you can't. I also think that it's vital to work with linear, lucid logic. You have to create your own clarity within a vast, limitless universe of disorder and chaos.

You know what? Instead of writing an essay on my views on the purpose of existence, I'll just reply to the points in your post. I'm starting to feel tired now.

When you say that there really is no meaning, what you actually mean is that you have no one to give you any meaning, to tell you how to be, and you've yet to determine your own "raison d'etre" (reason of being). I feel that the search for purpose is healthy, but it's everything to first find out who you are and what's important to you. Then you can begin the struggle to be what you want to be, do what you want to do. Forget about existence beyond life, because if you're questioning your existence, then you're questioning the existence of God, in which case, everything ends the moment your eyes close for the final time.

I feel that this absolute finite existence supports the argument that life is not worthless, but absolutely precious, with every conscious moment being simultaneously what one lives for and the path to ultimate fulfillment. One knows that this goal is impossible to reach, but I feel that the trick is to work towards your goal with passion and deliberation, and be satisfied with the struggle, accepting that there will never be a final result.

Come to terms with the knowledge that there's never enough time, but one does what one can and must be satisfied with that. This means, live life, and don't take time for granted. And be aware of your life and your existence, so that when you've reached the end of your timeline, you'll know for sure that you've lived. If there's one thing that upsets me terribly, it's when I see people floating through life so unaware of it all.

You said that we're insignificant. I disagree. If I may quote Dostoevsky, "If there is no God, then I am God." If man exists within a pointless, cruel, and Godless universe, then I feel that we are everything. We determine what the world will be, and the world is judged by who we are. We are everything, and all we have is each other. This is why I'm so vehemently opposed to any form of intolerance, aside from intolerance of Belle and Sebastian's music. This, I feel, is the only form of justifiable prejudice. ;-) Sorry Lifeguard. Er, the "original" Lifeguard Sleeping that is.

How do I wake up each morning knowing that my life is insignificant? Well, I don't feel that my life is insignificant. If nothing means anything, then I'm free to determine the worth of my existence. I try to live my life according to my moral code, love, and benevolence. Of course I fall short, we all do, but the point is to honestly struggle and be satisfied with the struggle, always pushing forward.

We carry on because we have to carry on. We're here aren't we?

I apologize if this was long. But there's no sense in deleting it after I've typed so much is there? As George Bernard Shaw said it best, "Please excuse the length of this letter. If I had more time it would be shorter." I love that quote.

If life is too hard, you can just listen to "Bloodflowers" and then disappear into oblivion. That's doesn't seem such a bad way to go.

Gros bisous,
Cili

ah_213.jpg

> Hi Mozzites

> nothing?

Whell! What a f.ucking gift!! I awake and rouse myself, as ever from the wrong side of my bed - which is made more impressive by the fact I have to suffer excruciating pain as I slide out between bed and wall. So another pissing day to be got through, and all the glee in the world went up my nose last night, then I lift my weary head and view the board and BAM an amused shout I am F.ucking knocked out!!
I am reminded that there is a purpose in my life it's to spread bile around with glee. Restored and embittered, although Greasybaby - you've had a bloody good feast on this already. Still as I flex my fingers in eagre readiness I see there is still the makings of a bloody great meal for me!

I agree that YOU need to be brutally honest with yourself and well I'm gonna be too pussypie. Try either heavy amounts of masturbation or death. Simple! Either way just don't come out the bathroom for the rest of your non-existent life. Posting such trite wanky bullsh1t here is not the answer cookie. And speak for your self blimp, yes most of humanity is a bag of sh1te but deal with it don't f.ucking make more you remains in the toilet bowl from the arse of the world and it's wipings - Troglodite!

I suggest you turn yourself into a lovely piece of meat and prove again that it really is possible for someone to drown in only a few meagre inches of water. And there you may well find the key to the pissing universe.

ONLY DO IT QUIETLY PLEASE.

Re: The question is, how do YOU?

> I'm sorry, but I'm bloody tired and can't keep my eyes closed. I
> don't know how seriously this question was being asked, but what
> the hell. I really didn't want to post here anymore but at the
> moment, I've got few better things to do, but even less energy
> to do them. That didn't quite make sense, but let's move on
> shall we?

> It actually doesn't take brutal honesty to admit this to oneself
> Mr. PhrenzyMac. People have lived and died trying and trying,
> never having answered this question regarding purpose within a
> random and pointless universe. I believe that this is what is to
> be expected if the question is asked at all. Before one comes to
> such a conclusion, one must first admit that there is no God.
> From there, logic and philosophy take over.

> This is obviously not a discussion to be condensed into a short
> message board post, but I'll attempt to be terse.

> I think the trick is to think small. If there's no omnipotent
> being watching over us all, having already given us our
> directions, then we must remain grounded within the world that
> we live. Deal with what you can, and come to terms with what you
> can't. I also think that it's vital to work with linear, lucid
> logic. You have to create your own clarity within a vast,
> limitless universe of disorder and chaos.

> You know what? Instead of writing an essay on my views on the
> purpose of existence, I'll just reply to the points in your
> post. I'm starting to feel tired now.

> When you say that there really is no meaning, what you actually
> mean is that you have no one to give you any meaning, to tell
> you how to be, and you've yet to determine your own "raison
> d'etre" (reason of being). I feel that the search for
> purpose is healthy, but it's everything to first find out who
> you are and what's important to you. Then you can begin the
> struggle to be what you want to be, do what you want to do.
> Forget about existence beyond life, because if you're
> questioning your existence, then you're questioning the
> existence of God, in which case, everything ends the moment your
> eyes close for the final time.

> I feel that this absolute finite existence supports the argument
> that life is not worthless, but absolutely precious, with every
> conscious moment being simultaneously what one lives for and the
> path to ultimate fulfillment. One knows that this goal is
> impossible to reach, but I feel that the trick is to work
> towards your goal with passion and deliberation, and be
> satisfied with the struggle, accepting that there will never be
> a final result.

> Come to terms with the knowledge that there's never enough time,
> but one does what one can and must be satisfied with that. This
> means, live life, and don't take time for granted. And be aware
> of your life and your existence, so that when you've reached the
> end of your timeline, you'll know for sure that you've lived. If
> there's one thing that upsets me terribly, it's when I see
> people floating through life so unaware of it all.

> You said that we're insignificant. I disagree. If I may quote
> Dostoevsky, "If there is no God, then I am God." If
> man exists within a pointless, cruel, and Godless universe, then
> I feel that we are everything. We determine what the world will
> be, and the world is judged by who we are. We are everything,
> and all we have is each other. This is why I'm so vehemently
> opposed to any form of intolerance, aside from intolerance of
> Belle and Sebastian's music. This, I feel, is the only form of
> justifiable prejudice. ;-) Sorry Lifeguard. Er, the
> "original" Lifeguard Sleeping that is.

> How do I wake up each morning knowing that my life is
> insignificant? Well, I don't feel that my life is insignificant.
> If nothing means anything, then I'm free to determine the worth
> of my existence. I try to live my life according to my moral
> code, love, and benevolence. Of course I fall short, we all do,
> but the point is to honestly struggle and be satisfied with the
> struggle, always pushing forward.

> We carry on because we have to carry on. We're here aren't we?

> I apologize if this was long. But there's no sense in deleting
> it after I've typed so much is there? As George Bernard Shaw
> said it best, "Please excuse the length of this letter. If
> I had more time it would be shorter." I love that quote.

> If life is too hard, you can just listen to
> "Bloodflowers" and then disappear into oblivion.
> That's doesn't seem such a bad way to go.

> Gros bisous,
> Cili

Would you say you were somewhat of an existentialist? I truly-wuwley agree - You only live once so why live one life?!
And there is nothing wrong with MEEEEEEE (sorry back to me) it's everyone else who's bonkers!
I do not have delusions of grandeur I AM grand.

I start the day by trying to teach my dog to play fetch, and when I realise that she still does not grasp the fact that she is suppossed to return the ball to ME and not another side of the yard, I realise I am smarter than the dog. So I grin and bear the rest of it. Ill be dead one day, and then I wont have to worry about this...so there is really no point in worrying about it now either.

Life may SEEM empty now, but it WILL be empty laterwhen it is over and not even in existance. so just take the small @#!!!.

Life is a filler.

Life is not meant to make sense, it's just an unpleasant bit of filler between birth & death.

> Hi Mozzites

> nothing?

cat.gif

Re: Life is a filler - And it's gone off!

> Life is not meant to make sense, it's just an unpleasant bit of
> filler between birth & death.

"Astride of the grave and a difficult birth!" (Samuel Beckett.)

Nice, nice kitty pic!! I've got four puddy cats.

threads of this type are why people make fun of morrissey fans, and rightly so

oh, this teenage angst is killing me. happy mommy's day.

> Hi Mozzites

> nothing?

hey i'll answer that : ).. and i'll keep it as simple as possible so our heads wont blow up

When you are asking for the "meaning" of life.. you're just basically asking for an explanation to life itself.. that's equivilent to asking.. "why are we here?"

Everything in existence has to have an explanation otherwise we wouldn't understand it or understand the significance of it or understand the existence of it..

For example. if i were to show you a strange object from outter space with no explanation to it. you would say "huh? what the hell is that?"

So according to you.. if there is no meaning to life. then there is no explanation for it.. and therefore. life is just a foreign space object.. we will never understand why we are here.

unless if you have an explanation for it..

and if you have an explanation for it.. then you would probably know the significance of it..

but i doubt it though.. so good luck..

a word of advice..

they have very good cartoons on saturday mornings.. try that, you'll like it..

A message for "No one you know"

> Gros bisous,
> Cili

I would love to hear you're whole explanation of the topic. (Which can't be condenced onto the message board). Email me: [email protected]

Re: Picture of David T and I at the concert! What a cool guy.

> Hi Mozzites

That's my term, you idiot. The term "Mozzites" is copyrighted © Bruce Campbell 2000-2001.

Shop smart, shop S-MART

Keep Watching,
Bruce

ugly people

Right,

I've heard some people write intelligence, some people calling the question trite, and some people going off on their own self indulgent process of trying to hurl insults which so thinly mask their own self hatred and doubts.

Thanks to the few that posted their honest answers regarding how they put meaning to day to day life.

I still however feel that people are not fully exploring the harsh reality of the insignificance of humanity. That's not to say, we should just all off ourselves. We certainly should just be here, live die, and try are best to be happy in between. But in the end, our lives are no more valuable than an insects.

Time and space could care less whether humanity exists or not.

Anyway, I guess a more honest way of posing my question is - How do you get through life with a sense of PURPOSE without resorting to fantasies like religion. Religion seems to provide the masses with a means of waking up in the morning feeling that their lives can't possibly be this small.

Do you feel your duty is to leave the world a better place? To just be happy regardless of the world around you? To just leave a mark for better or worse?

And to explain why I post this here, well, It seemed to me that Morrissey fans might be a little better versed in this train of thought than others.

MY MUSIC
nocap.jpg

>our lives are no more valuable than an insects.

Who ever said that they were?! I think what you are really struggling with is that we holier than thou humans are actually of less worth than the tiniest microbe! We have the 'advanced intelligence' to f.uck everything up, that is the only difference!

"Come armageddon, come armageddon come..."

All is senseless

> I still however feel that people are not fully exploring the
> harsh reality of the insignificance of humanity. That's not to
> say, we should just all off ourselves. We certainly should just
> be here, live die, and try are best to be happy in between. But
> in the end, our lives are no more valuable than an insects.

Yes, and that's the true beauty of it all.

That even an insect has as much value as we do.

The only sorrow though, is that it takes the ever uncertain death of a human to kill the human ego.

> Time and space could care less whether humanity exists or not.

What have we ever done for time and space?

> Anyway, I guess a more honest way of posing my question is - How
> do you get through life with a sense of PURPOSE without
> resorting to fantasies like religion. Religion seems to provide
> the masses with a means of waking up in the morning feeling that
> their lives can't possibly be this small.

In reality (the worst kind), religion only serves to limit you.

Therefore, abstaining from religion actually allows you to encompass the full power of whatever you deem to be beautiful, instead of feeling only guilt and vaguness about it.

Knowing that you can die and not have to answer for your mistakes and the shortcomings of being human is enough reward for refusing the fantasy of religion.

Without possessing a particular form of religion you then allow for anything to become your religion, even fantasy (the best kind).

In fact, daydreaming should be a mandatory form of religion.

> Do you feel your duty is to leave the world a better place?

I feel that leaving the world is my duty.

> To just be happy regardless of the world around you? To just leave
> a mark for better or worse?

To be better and worse.

> And to explain why I post this here, well, It seemed to me that
> Morrissey fans might be a little better versed in this train of
> thought than others.

Oh, you have made a fatal error.

Never come here for enlightenment.

The majority of the population here is equivalent to pre-school, and in addition to that, none of these people actually exist.

> Hi Mozzites

> nothing?

I think my life is worthwhile. It's the only one I have.

If you are feeling sinister, go off and see a minister, he'll try in vain to take the pain of being a hopeless unbeliever.

Re: The question is, how do YOU?

I am so glad to see you again, Cili, and I liked very much your post, (and I am catholic!)

But I don't understand why you hate Belle and Sebastian. They seem so marvelous to me.

> I'm sorry, but I'm bloody tired and can't keep my eyes closed. I
> don't know how seriously this question was being asked, but what
> the hell. I really didn't want to post here anymore but at the
> moment, I've got few better things to do, but even less energy
> to do them. That didn't quite make sense, but let's move on
> shall we?

> It actually doesn't take brutal honesty to admit this to oneself
> Mr. PhrenzyMac. People have lived and died trying and trying,
> never having answered this question regarding purpose within a
> random and pointless universe. I believe that this is what is to
> be expected if the question is asked at all. Before one comes to
> such a conclusion, one must first admit that there is no God.
> From there, logic and philosophy take over.

> This is obviously not a discussion to be condensed into a short
> message board post, but I'll attempt to be terse.

> I think the trick is to think small. If there's no omnipotent
> being watching over us all, having already given us our
> directions, then we must remain grounded within the world that
> we live. Deal with what you can, and come to terms with what you
> can't. I also think that it's vital to work with linear, lucid
> logic. You have to create your own clarity within a vast,
> limitless universe of disorder and chaos.

> You know what? Instead of writing an essay on my views on the
> purpose of existence, I'll just reply to the points in your
> post. I'm starting to feel tired now.

> When you say that there really is no meaning, what you actually
> mean is that you have no one to give you any meaning, to tell
> you how to be, and you've yet to determine your own "raison
> d'etre" (reason of being). I feel that the search for
> purpose is healthy, but it's everything to first find out who
> you are and what's important to you. Then you can begin the
> struggle to be what you want to be, do what you want to do.
> Forget about existence beyond life, because if you're
> questioning your existence, then you're questioning the
> existence of God, in which case, everything ends the moment your
> eyes close for the final time.

> I feel that this absolute finite existence supports the argument
> that life is not worthless, but absolutely precious, with every
> conscious moment being simultaneously what one lives for and the
> path to ultimate fulfillment. One knows that this goal is
> impossible to reach, but I feel that the trick is to work
> towards your goal with passion and deliberation, and be
> satisfied with the struggle, accepting that there will never be
> a final result.

> Come to terms with the knowledge that there's never enough time,
> but one does what one can and must be satisfied with that. This
> means, live life, and don't take time for granted. And be aware
> of your life and your existence, so that when you've reached the
> end of your timeline, you'll know for sure that you've lived. If
> there's one thing that upsets me terribly, it's when I see
> people floating through life so unaware of it all.

> You said that we're insignificant. I disagree. If I may quote
> Dostoevsky, "If there is no God, then I am God." If
> man exists within a pointless, cruel, and Godless universe, then
> I feel that we are everything. We determine what the world will
> be, and the world is judged by who we are. We are everything,
> and all we have is each other. This is why I'm so vehemently
> opposed to any form of intolerance, aside from intolerance of
> Belle and Sebastian's music. This, I feel, is the only form of
> justifiable prejudice. ;-) Sorry Lifeguard. Er, the
> "original" Lifeguard Sleeping that is.

> How do I wake up each morning knowing that my life is
> insignificant? Well, I don't feel that my life is insignificant.
> If nothing means anything, then I'm free to determine the worth
> of my existence. I try to live my life according to my moral
> code, love, and benevolence. Of course I fall short, we all do,
> but the point is to honestly struggle and be satisfied with the
> struggle, always pushing forward.

> We carry on because we have to carry on. We're here aren't we?

> I apologize if this was long. But there's no sense in deleting
> it after I've typed so much is there? As George Bernard Shaw
> said it best, "Please excuse the length of this letter. If
> I had more time it would be shorter." I love that quote.

> If life is too hard, you can just listen to
> "Bloodflowers" and then disappear into oblivion.
> That's doesn't seem such a bad way to go.

> Gros bisous,
> Cili

> "Astride of the grave and a difficult birth!" (Samuel
> Beckett.)

i think when you die, you figure out what it's all about. it's kind of late by that point because you will probably be laid up in a nursing home somewhere, in incredible pain, and pissing blood, but that's when it happens.

do you think we're like light bulbs that burn out and then there is nothing, or do you achieve something else? is dying like falling asleep and never waking up? how did a ball of ooze floating in the sea take form and one day start deciding to wear Tommy Hilfiger shirts?

> Nice, nice kitty pic!! I've got four puddy cats.

i just adopted one newly christened Salome. Sweetest little kitty, but I need to get her to the vet before she decides to start spurting out more kitties, and i can't bear the thought of bringing a bunch of cats in this world when she herself was a kitty dumped by her owners. I hate people who do that. They can't be bothered to pay a mere $20 to get their pet fixed, and then dump the unwanted kittens and puppies by the side of the road somewhere or at the pound where they are gassed, and god knows what else.

and i'm already freaking about the responsibility and i haven't had her a week. maybe it's good ya know? i haven't really had anything to take care of before.

where i live

> i think when you die, you figure out what it's all about. it's
> kind of late by that point because you will probably be laid up
> in a nursing home somewhere, in incredible pain, and pissing
> blood, but that's when it happens.

> do you think we're like light bulbs that burn out and then there
> is nothing, or do you achieve something else? is dying like
> falling asleep and never waking up? how did a ball of ooze
> floating in the sea take form and one day start deciding to wear
> Tommy Hilfiger shirts?

> i just adopted one newly christened Salome. Sweetest little
> kitty, but I need to get her to the vet before she decides to
> start spurting out more kitties, and i can't bear the thought of
> bringing a bunch of cats in this world when she herself was a
> kitty dumped by her owners. I hate people who do that. They
> can't be bothered to pay a mere $20 to get their pet fixed, and
> then dump the unwanted kittens and puppies by the side of the
> road somewhere or at the pound where they are gassed, and god
> knows what else.

> and i'm already freaking about the responsibility and i haven't
> had her a week. maybe it's good ya know? i haven't really had
> anything to take care of before.

It is a bit weired adjusting to the responsibility, especially if you get them as kittens! But you get used to each other very quickly and everything just seems to fall into place. Then it's hard to imagine life without them. Mine are all rescued too. I volunteer for a charity over here in the uk. We have a policy against euthanasia (unless the cat has no chance of a good quality of life due to illness/pain etc.) We are also the only group in the uk to deal with stray cats that have gone wild - two of my own I tamed myself and now they have stopped being tiny tigers and have become little angels!

This may sound illogical but two cats are actually easier to care for than just one! They take care of each other you see and don't pine for you so much whilst you are at work or if you go away etc.

Jean Cocteau "I love cats because I love my home; and little by little, they become it's visible soul."

> i think when you die, you figure out what it's all about. it's
> kind of late by that point because you will probably be laid up
> in a nursing home somewhere, in incredible pain, and pissing
> blood, but that's when it happens.

erm, 'I know whats expected of me now, veering cliffwards...'

> I start the day by trying to teach my dog to play fetch, and
> when I realise that she still does not grasp the fact that she
> is suppossed to return the ball to ME and not another side of
> the yard, I realise I am smarter than the dog. So I grin and
> bear the rest of it. Ill be dead one day, and then I wont have
> to worry about this...so there is really no point in worrying
> about it now either.

> Life may SEEM empty now, but it WILL be empty laterwhen it is
> over and not even in existance. so just take the small @#!!! .

B, have you tried giving the dog treats as a kind of reward?
Speedway

Back
Top Bottom