How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? question

gaz217

At the end of this song when Morrissey sings- "smelly uniforms...." there's another voice that shout something. It sounds like Alain but I'm not too sure. My question is what is it he actually says? Who is it saying it?

I've listened to that part so many times to try and understand but I just can't get it.

Good question!

I'd never really given it much thought, but I have always thought the word is "Totally" (which, come to think of it, doesn't really make sense in the context of the song).

Anyone else got any ideas? :confused:

To me, as a musician, it seems to be a connecting lyric, recorded separately though. And it's saying "Oh a," then the main vox say "a smelly uniform...." It's basically re-affirming the disgust of "the smelly uniform." It's meant to go together but recorded separately.... "Oh a smelly uniform..." Also, this backing vocal is done by Moz.

At the end of this song when Morrissey sings- "smelly uniforms...." there's another voice that shout something. It sounds like Alain but I'm not too sure. My question is what is it he actually says? Who is it saying it?

I've listened to that part so many times to try and understand but I just can't get it.

I always though it was another of those added voices that we hear so often in Morrissey's records. To my ears it sounds like a voice similar to the one at the beginning of Maladjusted (Anthony Newley) and it sounds to me as if he is saying something like "We told you"

Anyway, that's what I think...
TT

I always though it was another of those added voices that we hear so often in Morrissey's records. To my ears it sounds like a voice similar to the one at the beginning of Maladjusted (Anthony Newley) and it sounds to me as if he is saying something like "We told you"

Anyway, that's what I think...
TT

That's what I thought it said too.

If I had to put money on it, I would say the voice, which I think could be Jerry Finn, is saying "We told you!"

Back
Top Bottom