Have you ever wanted to sing with Rufus?

Currer Bell

Dearly Departing
I thought this was pretty damn cool, so i'm passing this along from Rufus Wainwright's myspace:

Going to a Town to see Rufus? Want to perform with him LIVE ONSTAGE? Rufus will select a special guest each night on his World Tour 2007 to perform the spoken word part from 'Between My Legs.' Join the list of guests alongside Dawn French, Sian Philips, Kate McGarrigle, Frances de la Tour, Jorn and Jake Gyllenhaal to have joined Rufus onstage in this very exciting moment in the show. Go to Rufus Wainwright Tour Auditions on You Tube and post your best rendition of the spoken word part (only!) from 'Between My Legs' and you could be selected to meet and perform with Rufus in your town. You must already have a ticket to the show. Entries must be posted no less than five days prior to the show. No band members or their families are eligible.

Please follow this link to upload your video (60 seconds or less). Send your full name, email address, name of your YouTube video (think of a unique name!), and which show you will be attending to: [email protected]. Good luck!

i don't own a video camera! :( but i do own a cape and turban! :D

Rufus is tops, however this particular idea smells baaad! Having seen various actresses lurch onstage & deliver this indecipherable bit at end of 'Between My Legs' at Old Vic, I gotta it say it doesn't even work with supposed professionals. Superb, tremendous concerts but this bit was really dud! Poor, Darling Rufus wants to be popular soooo badly I can hardly bear it- he's simply too good. Having said that, sounds like you're tempted to apply?!

oh i see. you're pooh-poohing it so you can convince people not to enter the competition so that you can have a better chance of winning!

i'd do it to meet rufus, but they really need Michael Crawford up there instead.

i'll give you a hint about the indecipherable bit: he repeats the last few lines that he sung and its right there in the CD sleeve.

oh i see. you're pooh-poohing it so you can convince people not to enter the competition so that you can have a better chance of winning!

i'd do it to meet rufus, but they really need Michael Crawford up there instead.

i'll give you a hint about the indecipherable bit: he repeats the last few lines that he sung and its right there in the CD sleeve.

Bah! You sussed me out...by indecipherable I meant the spoken part that the thespians do is really hard to hear live, probably hard to mix live but I dunno about these things- of course I hang on his every word so I know what's going on, but people around me were a bit confused by what it 'meant'. I'd say, go for it! If you want to meet Ruf, he's pretty accesible if you don't mind hanging round stage door. He's a sweetheart. But you can probably tell I'm biased..

either way, i can't imagine that i'd get the same attention as that of a cute guy.

...or any guy.

(the search to find a man that Rufus hasn't slept with continues...)

i might be stuck hanging around for him outside of the door since i lack video equipment to make a video.

i was amazed. did you know that video cameras are now only about $300 apiece? lord knows how i would have loved to have one back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom