Hall of Fame

The NME is a whore. They are crediting Yahoo News, but it didn't originate there, and doesn't seem to be a legit story anyway. "A friend" of Morrissey's tells us something we all know anyway, and it bounces around the Internet for a few hours and winds up in the NME site.

edit: but thank you, I didn't mean to discourage you posting news. sorry.

Ha it's ok. I happen to agree with you! I just read it cos any music news does wind up there in the end usually!

Question:

The article says he wouldnt share a stage with Joyce...

does that mean he would with Johnny and Andy?

I wouldnt have thought so but what does anyone else think?

To appear in public at some event is surely a different kettle?

When was the last time? 1987?

i think morrissey is fine appearing with Marr

kinda ok, 50/50, with Rourke

but definitely no with Joyce.

sigh...if only Joyce didn't exist.

and you know Joyce will go just for the purpose to amuse himself by keeping morrissey away.

Morrissey will NOT attend this.

It's not so much that he doesn't like Johnny Marr, it's simply because he's now indifferent in his attitude towards him. They haven't seen each other in years.

He probably thinks little of Andy Rourke, and we all know his opinion on Mike Joyce.

It's like Moz himself said last year:

“I feel as if I’ve worked very hard since the demise of the Smiths and the others haven’t, so why hand them attention that they haven’t earned? We are not friends, we don’t see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?”

This isn't a legit story at all IMO. The Hall of Fame doesn't announce nominees or even people who are eligible this early -- after all, they just had their annual ceremony about a month ago. It's way too early for this speculation to be in the press.

Between Quarry and Ringleaders, Morrissey and Marr had meetings though, right? Around the time of that musical?

sorry, I'm too lazy to search the site, but it's here.

Between Quarry and Ringleaders, Morrissey and Marr had meetings though, right? Around the time of that musical?

sorry, I'm too lazy to search the site, but it's here.

I think they may have communicated through lawyers, possibly phoned one another too. They don't hate each other but they're not best buddies either.

Before Ringleader was released, I thought Johnny mentioned in an interview that Morrissey had sent him some tracks to listen to. I got the idea they were on at least cordial terms.

Before Ringleader was released, I thought Johnny mentioned in an interview that Morrissey had sent him some tracks to listen to. I got the idea they were on at least cordial terms.

If I remember correctly that was a news item posted on the main board. It was meant to be an article in the NME which turned out to be a complete fabrication by a troll.

There haven't been any confirmed reports of the two meeting since the mid-90s. The only comment either of them have made is that they occasionally communicate about Smiths business.

Thanks to voyeurnie who spotted from mozwa.com:

radiopress's blog
20 Apr 2007 10:21 PM
This story in the NME, and everywhere else, is completely made up.

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/27831

I think it is safe to assume that Morrissey would not appear at any ceremony with certain other people from history, so it's not really a news story.

And as for The Smiths' induction into the US Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, as Merck Mercuriadis told me today,

"There is nothing to write about as there are no nominations or awards at this time."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better stop keeping high hopes.

If you notice, the article was also written on 4/20. ;)
I know, probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought it was funny since we were questioning if it was serious or not.

Back
Top Bottom