Favourite TV Shows?

I religiously watched X-Files for a while. It is indeed underrated.

I'm currently working my way through a few seasons of Are You Being Served, which a friend bought on DVD a while back. My one guilty TV pleasure is Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. I have no idea why I like it so much, but since I started watching it I get the shakes if I miss an episode. Usually I just alternate between the Food Network and the History Channel.

"Twin Peaks" was indeed genius. I ate a slice of pie from that cafe once.

Other TV greats: "Night Court", "Police Squad", "Arrested Development", "The Office" (UK 1A, US 1B), "The Simpsons", "Cheers", middle run of "Seinfeld", recent HBO fare such as "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Deadwood", older HBO comedies like "Not (Necessarily) The News", "Mr. Show", "The Larry Sanders Show" and "The Kids In The Hall", "Degrassi Junior High", "Family Ties", "Monty Python's Flying Circus", "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" (recently exhumed for iTunes), "The Twilight Zone", "M.A.S.H.", "Sherlock Holmes" (Jeremy Brett), "Taxi", "Moonlighting", "All In The Family", and (yes!) "Lost".

And though they may not qualify as "shows" you'd have to throw in "Late Night With David Letterman" (80s and early 90s), "Late Night With Conan O'Brien", and "The Daily Show".

Last edited:
I hate almost all TV, and while I have a TV, it's not hooked up to cable or an antenna - I just use it for watching DVD's and stuff downloaded from the internet.

Twin Peaks is, of course, genius, and completely transcends the medium. I've always been perplexed by why Fire Walk With Me wasn't better. The rest of Lynch's films are great; the TV show was great... never understood it.

Other TV that I've seen and enjoyed,

The Simpsons of course
Futurama of course
The Prisoner
Fawlty Towers
Strangers with Candy
The Colbert Report
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
some Monty Python
Top of the Pops!!
Rockpalast, the greatest tv show ever

damn, I can't think of anything else that even warrants mention. I had some of my earliest celebrity crushes on TV stars when I was a kid, but it's not like the shows were any good, I was just parked in front of the screen.

I like those three original 'TV Carnage' tapes, the wild TV mash-up. That rehash TV Carnage DVD, 'TV Carnage 2.0' or whatever it's called, blows.

xo, math+

Worm said:
"Degrassi Junior High",
I loved it so much! Rushing home after school every day to watch it. The guy with the black hat (Joe or something?), Katleen, Spike, Snake - oh, I have such a nostalgia moment!:D

six feet under - currently going through the dvds watching it from the very beginning again.

loved the first series of lost but the second series is boring me at the minute, just think that the people making it don't really know where their going and their just as much in the dark about some things as the people watching it!

arrested development - one of the funniest things i've seen on tv for years and it got cancelled :(

columbo.jpg

It is just about the only thing I watch on tv these days.

office1.jpg

zom

The Sopranos, Friends and Prison Break, are my 3 favourites. :D ;)

Last edited:
As with most questions like this I can't think of them all, so I will discover more answers as I am actually watching the tele.

But the few that come to mind are:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Deadwood
Sopranos
Extras (HBO show with Ricky Gervais)
The Royals (I think that was the title of the "ne'er do well" Brithish family)
All In The Family (only the first couple, maybe three seasons, if I see it on in the TV listings as I flip along, I have to stop and see which episode it is)
The Flintstones
Dirty Jobs (how can you not watch a guy shovel out a septic tank)
MythBusters
How It's Made
Dr. Know
Survivorman
Bill Nye The Science Guy (not currently on :( )
Good Eats (0n Food Network - I like the way he explains "cooking" and how/why things happen with science and chemistry)
Unwrapped (0n Food Network - I like to see the "behind the scenes" of how things are mad)
The Alternatve (on VH-1 Classic)
Two Fat Ladies (0n Food Network - not on anymore, and there was nothing that they cooked tha I would have ever eaten, but I liked th way they talked and interacted - I always like the way at the end the one had to go outside and have a smoke)

probably more but I don't want to list anymore. I don't watch these every time they are on but they are ones I like.

I like Discovery Channel and shows that fit that format...I like to learn a little bit...and it's better for the kids also.

Da Mighty Boosh
Arrested Development
Degrassi High (just bought the DVDs and am currently engrossed in viewing them)
Press Gang
Absolutely Fabulous
24 (wish I was Jack Bauer)
Garth Marenghi
The IT Crowd
The Bill
Twin Peaks
Absolute Power
Believe Nothing
The Young Ones
Simpsons
Futurama
The Office

and from my own country, kath and kim, spicks and specks, the glass house, frontline, the 7:30 report, insiders

Little Britain (are they doing a fourth ss?)
Ab Fab
French & Saunders
Dead Ringers
Lost
Prison Break
Frasier
McGyver
And a soap opera of which I won't go into further as for shame. :D

Mr. Show
Family Guy
SNL (early 90s)
Conan O'Brien
The Original Office (as in: not the crappy American version)
Strangers With Candy
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show
Monty Python
The History Channel (yup all of it)
The Science Channel (yup all of it)
The Military Channel (yup all of it)
The Alternative (on VH1 classic)

I have Tivo so watching all this stuff is easy.

Back
Top Bottom