Fantastic Bird + You Should Have Been Nice To Me

Fantastic Bird is a great rocker, but it definitely does not belong to the Southpaw concept. It's clearly Arsenal,
but nevermind: great tune.

but my new love is You Should Have Been Nice To me. I totally fell in love with it. Unbelievably amazing music, great lyrics. Can't say if it fits into the Southpaw concept, cause it sounds a bit Vauxhall, but again nevermind: to me this track is outstanding.

I like You Should Have Been Nice To Me a lot.

Honey You Know Where To Find Me is at best a mid-90s Morrissey b-side. But that guitar solo. Ugh. Horrid. Makes Jessie Tobias look like Bert Jansch!

Fantastic Bird sounds like something quite recent/ Your Arsenal as spotted in this thread

Questions
Anyone know why You Must Please Remember didn't make the cut? I think that is quite an underrated song myself. And for those of us listening to the "stolen" version at the mo' how does the remastering sound? Maybe this belongs in the other thread?

"You Should Have Been Nice to Me"

I love this song. The title sounds so banal but the lyrics are lovely and the music serene. Easily the best of the previously unreleased stuff from Southpaw. I'm surprised we hadn't heard it before!

You should have been nice to me is also my fav of the 3 new songs :) just beautiful. I love the new SG so much, I'm actually thinking about buying maladjusted just because of morrissey's notes, pics, etc :)

Anyone have an opinion on these tracks?
I think, from what I have heard that they are really sounding quite catchy and certainly cannot see why they have been hidden away for so long.

Honey You Know Where To Find Me also sounds really fresh compared to the version I have heard.

Love PTxx.

"You Should Have Been Nice To Me" has been given a lot of play since ever since i 1st heard it :blushing:
its almost criminal it was not on the album in the 1st place :rolleyes:

"You Should Have Been Nice To Me" has been given a lot of play since ever since i 1st heard it :blushing:
its almost criminal it was not on the album in the 1st place :rolleyes:

Well my outlook on it is that it is a ballad, and there aren't really any other ballads on SG to begin with, so while it is a fantastic song, it would have seemed somewhat out of place on a heavily rock-oriented SG.

Back
Top Bottom