embarrassing information about friends or family?

Puddle

Banned
Anyone here have any embarrassing information about their friends or family?

I found out a cousin in Poland, who is a police officer in a small town outside Warsaw, got a 14 year old girl pregnant. Do not fear, in Poland you don’t even lose your job as a cop, all you have to do is marry the girl. Which he did. Thank goodness they got married, I wouldn’t want him to bring shame to the family…lol.

I found out earlier this year - 7 years after his death - that my grandad was gay!

deathfornoreason said:
I found out earlier this year - 7 years after his death - that my grandad was gay!

hmm...at first glance it sounds homophobic...but still i guess since it's your grandfather, technically he was living a straight life. It's reasonable to be embarrassing for his wife and children--especially for the wife. did other people know?

My Daddy's cousin appeared on Trisha and the whole of my Daddy's side of the family kept it secret because they were so embarrassed.

Puddle said:

Oh gosh, yes, you live in a world free from Trisha...what a wonderful way to be.

It's sort of like an English Jerry Springer but with (arguably) less incest and 80 year old strippers.

It is heavily associated with chavs.

Last edited:
Our biggest family secret.........I won't answer the blackmail posts, so don't even try. LOL, My aunt married my uncle (they are related). And appearently I'm the only one who knows. It surely explains why she's such an insecure person and has all these fobia's.

Our biggest family secret is historically interesting.

My grandfather when he was a teenager joined Mosley's Blackshirts in London.
My great- grandfather kicked him out of the house over it.

As soon as war was declared though the signed up and fought the fascists. Nobody in the family talks about it, so I spoke to my Great Uncle. He reckons my granddad only joined the Blackshirts for the uniform and the fact that Mosleys lot were giving away free cigarettes etc.

I'll bet i've got everybody beat. Why? Because when your family has resided in the deep south for the last 400 years like mine has, you're going to have people with a secret.

When i was doing genealogy work, i heard a rumor that there was some great-great-great uncle back in the 1800's who was a Grand Wizard for the Klan. I discovered there was truth to the rumor when i was digging through the genealogy section of the local library and found a document (I think it was his will) with the relevant surname and that he was something to the effect of a "Grand Dragon for the Qu Clux Clan."

well I don't know if this is embarassing but at least is peculiar

my grandfather tied his alcoholic cousin to a tree in the back of our house( I think he believed that getting him under control by violence would have prevented him being alcoholic)...and this cousin singed sad tangos all day long until he ran away and dissapeared , and presumably was run over and ended as a John Doe in the morgue...

well I found it a nice story when my mother told it to me

Puddle said:
hmm...at first glance it sounds homophobic...but still i guess since it's your grandfather, technically he was living a straight life. It's reasonable to be embarrassing for his wife and children--especially for the wife. did other people know?

I certainly didn't mean it to sound homophobic, and I'm sorry if it scanned that way. I meant the fact that he'd been living a lie almost all of his life could be seen as embarrassing, not that he was gay. His wife and sister knew, but it was kept secret from the rest of the family.

Last edited:
one of my uncles is a mormon

*shutters*

Pervomartovtsi said:
my grandfather tied his alcoholic cousin to a tree in the back of our house( I think he believed that getting him under control by violence would have prevented him being alcoholic)...and this cousin singed sad tangos all day long until he ran away and dissapeared , and presumably was run over and ended as a John Doe in the morgue...

well I found it a nice story when my mother told it to me

nice? i found it rather tragic!
(or did you scrawl the word "nice" too fast? ;) )

Back
Top Bottom