Do you like it when Moz calls us his "audience"?

Do you like it when Moz calls us his "audience"?

• Yes, it feels respectful

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No, it's redundant because I tell everybody I'm a fan

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I'll go with whatever makes Moz happy

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • No, I hate being lumped into a category and wish for Moz to respect my individuality

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Hiya :) I thought it was that cringey Edith Bowman interview from earlier this year, but I've just watched it on youtube and it ain't...does anyone else know where I'll find the quote about the man wanking onto his car?!
It is in the David Bret's book, "Scandal and passions.":rolleyes:

It is in the David Bret's book, "Scandal and passions.":rolleyes:

Oh. Haha there you go, Sister! I can't be expected to accurately account for every morsel of Morrissey-related trivia my brain soaks up?! :rolleyes: ;)

I enjoyed this book more than 'Saint Morrissey', in case you're considering it...

Maybe I should read it. I was kinda sceptical about both of them.
I think I flicked through it in the bookstore.

Oh. Haha there you go, Sister! I can't be expected to accurately account for every morsel of Morrissey-related trivia my brain soaks up?!

I enjoyed this book more than 'Saint Morrissey', in case you're considering it...
I don't expect you to know everything about Moz, of course:eek: ; I didn't mean that you should remember that, not at all:D ! I have just read the book, and I was a little shocked by that incident...So, I remembered.
I consider reading "the severe alliance" currently, in fact.:)But thank you for the advice.

-Sorry, I hadn't seen you were speaking to another member-

Last edited:
Oh. Haha there you go, Sister! I can't be expected to accurately account for every morsel of Morrissey-related trivia my brain soaks up?! :rolleyes: ;)

I used the amazon.com option to search inside the book and managed to read about 20-30 pages from "Scandal and Passion". I wonder if the rest of the book is any similar, because what I've read was an absolute pile of crap. All David Brett did, besides describing what some Morrissey gigs were like, was summarize magazine articles and documentaries - very badly, with misquotes left and right (why would anyone need that, when you can find the actual articles on the Internet?), mixed with insinuations and some dodgy and completely irrelevant gossip; for instance, he thought he should mention all the rumours about sex lives of Hollywood stars who lived in the neighbourhood of Morrissey's house 60 years before he moved in, or were friends with the wife of the actor who originally owned the house??!! :confused: Important information, indeed... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't expect you to know everything about Moz, of course:eek: ; I didn't mean that you should remember that, not at all:D ! I have just read the book, and I was a little shocked by that incident...So, I remembered.
I consider reading "the severe alliance" currently, in fact.:)But thank you for the advice.
"Severed Alliance" is very good, that one and and "Songs That Saved Your Life" are essential if you want information. "Saint Morrissey", on the other hand, is an excellent long essay on Morrissey's work and socio-cultural significance, but without any biographical research.

I want to read The Severed Alliance but I'm loath to buy Johnny Rogan's book, cos I'm a big sheep like that

Some parts of Saint Morrissey were good. It's just the author is soooo slappable throughout!

Anyway here we go:

"The wittiest anecdote, however, came when [Ben] Reardon [interviewer for i-D magazine] demanded, "What is the freakiest thing one of your fans has ever done?". Recalling an earlier incident when a 25-year-old American fan had been arrested for plastering Morrissey's car with photographs, then masturbating over it, he told Reardon, "he took all his clothes off and danced in the road outside the house. I think he was trying to tell me something. Somebody called the police...I believe they charged him with enjoying his body too much." Then it was back to titillation when the journalist brought up the two names that had hogged the British tabloids for as far back as most cared to remember: Posh or Becks? ..."I'll take them both and leave them howling," he replied, "I often form the third part of a very messy triangle."

[p. 263-264]

Erm so it WAS me getting muddled...because it WAS in the Bowman interview that he says British fans are more "intellectual", not in relation to naked wanking man (but it was in relation to his stalkers). Sorry :o

Last edited:
"Severed Alliance" is very good, that one and and "Songs That Saved Your Life" are essential if you want information. "Saint Morrissey", on the other hand, is an excellent long essay on Morrissey's work and socio-cultural significance, but without any biographical research.
Ok, thank you!;)

Anyway here we go:

"The wittiest anecdote, however, came when [Ben] Reardon [interviewer for i-D magazine] demanded, "What is the freakiest thing one of your fans has ever done?". Recalling an earlier incident when a 25-year-old American fan had been arrested for plastering Morrissey's car with photographs, then masturbating over it, he told Reardon, "he took all his clothes off and danced in the road outside the house. I think he was trying to tell me something. Somebody called the police...I believe they charged him with enjoying his body too much." Then it was back to titillation when the journalist brought up the two names that had hogged the British tabloids for as far back as most cared to remember: Posh or Becks? ..."I'll take them both and leave them howling," he replied, "I often form the third part of a very messy triangle."

[p. 263-264]
LOL A suitably naughty response from Moz. :D So this was what Sunbags was referring to here: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=65342&page=5&highlight=linder What year was it from? I have the scans of the 2004 interview in i-D magazine, but the (moronic :mad: ) interviewer is called Ashley something. Maybe it was not a part of the interview, but a 'quick qestions and answers' type of thing, just like in this year's Uncut?

Last edited:
i'll bet moz called the cops.....he won't admit it because that might help unbalance a very unbalanced person more if they read it.

or maybe it was another one of his stalkers that thought it was a good opportunity to eliminate the competition.

i'll bet moz called the cops.....he won't admit it because that might help unbalance a very unbalanced person more if they read it.

or maybe it was another one of his stalkers that thought it was a good opportunity to eliminate the competition.

LOL :D maybe. How do they know it was a Moz fan though, it could have been someone who really really hated him

LOL :D maybe. How do they know it was a Moz fan though, it could have been someone who really really hated him

in the mind of a crazy person, love and hate are about the same thing.

"i threatened to kill you because i love you!"

"Do you like it when Moz calls us his "audience"?"

well, i'd rather he called me 'Darling' (on a daily basis) but you have to take what you can get.
:D

well, i say that i can't be a member of an audience if there are no shows in the area to go see!

Back
Top Bottom