When do you think Moz will call it a day?

swiss

I always think that every tour will be the last. I have thought this since my very first gig in 97. Every announcement of a new tour is a bonus for me.

Now that Moz is 47 how much longer do you think he will go on for?

Will he continue to release records and tour or will he sacrifice one or both.

I hope there is a least one more album and tour but who knows? ( other than him of course!)

I suppose when he feels the lyrics to "get off the stage" sound as though they were written about him and not by him.

I try very hard not to think about these kind of events occurring, as it puts me in a dull, unhappy mood.

I just appreciate every day listening to Morrissey and look forward to seeing him more during his new tour.

I think he needs to disappear for a while, You are the quarry wasn't a very good album, but the supporting tour was amazing. The whole Elvis stage lighting tribute worked so well, but only because he'd been away for so long. I think Ringleader of the tormentors was rushed out to cash in on his (probably quite unexpected) commercial success.

At his stage in the game you need to be very careful what you release, The Smiths albums and Vauxhall and I are difficult to live up to. If you're going to release gash you better make sure people have had chance to miss you being around.

I'm sure Jo will disagree with me. That minx.

So there's only Dylan left
Now that Johnny Cash die
Cohen can't sing anymore
and Bruce is a bit discusting
Only Dylan left
And he's starting to grow old
his son is a bit handsome
but that's probably all

Palme died and Lennon die
Fred Åkerström passed away
Burt Reynolds died
If just Bush wanted to die
Markus took his life
when we was about 16
Daniel took his one year later

A bad translation of a part of "Snart Dör Bob Dylan" ("Soon Bob Dylan Will Die") by the fantastic Beatnik/reggea/pop/spokenword band Navid Modiri & Gudarna. It's just what I wish to say in this matter but in the form of a poem.

Never. He has to stay around. The music industry cannot be allowed to become asinine and generic, it must continue to have people like Morrissey within it, or we'll all become mindless, obedient, unquestioning f***pigs. This cannot be allowed to happen. The music industry might as well implode the day he retires. The deity that he is, how I adore him. He looks damn good for a man approaching fifty.

Good old Mozzer, always riling the dullards.

Have you heard Tv on the radio's Return to Cookie mountain? It might make you realise that Morrissey isn't the shining beacon of originality that you think he is. I'm not sure why you think everything but Gloomy Steve's music is asinine and generic. If you think about it all he's reeasing are indie pop tunes, people have been doing that for about 35 years, he hasn't really changed that much. There's a lot going on out there if you just look for it.

Despite random delays between some CDs, Morrissey has managed to remain an active member of the ever dying music industry...

He's got a long way to go...but if he stops tomorrow, I'll be grateful for all the flawless work he put out.

Hopefully not anytime soon, I mean, I don't want him to start releasing pathetic albums with age, but I hope he stays on the music scene as long as he can.

I just hope that when he retires from the music industry, he will continue to write and publish lyrics/poetry and maybe do spoken word performances, so we can still enjoy seeing him on the stage!

And I also would love to see a beautiful hard-cover book with every single one of his lyrics - from the first Smiths-song to the last Moz-song, some lovely photos added - in due time of course... ;)

he should've after quarry tour

hopes he finally gets times to write his biography and maybe other literature/poetry

i think he would do good as a songwriter for others, and produce young
talented bands, he got his own label

As long as he enjoys it.
As long as he needs/wants to express himself that way.
As long as health allows.
As long as people want to listen and enjoy.

And probably many other reasons.....

Back
Top Bottom