Boz Boorer @ Kaos Records, Covina, CA (November 5, 2023)

Screenshot_20230922-131412.png

img_1_1695384866991~2.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Ok. I read all these articles about Vini going crackers. Part of me now understands the “truth”. The other wants to give him more credit.
Its a shame he didnt do more stuff with Moz, i think he bought a magic to Viva Hate that only Vini could have created, his sound is so unique and it gave the album a beautiful feel. Viva Vini!

Vini ‘Guitars’ does not go anywhere near to describing his contribution to Viva Hate. He is six years older than Moz and grew up in the same haunted Manchester streets of the 60’s and 70’s and that lost Manchester teenage life of feeling forgotten infects his guitar sound and perfectly complements that epic album’s lyrics and mood. It was a new dawn for Moz, songs as lyrical as before but with a spooky spaced out guitar sound to bring them alive. It remains amazing to me and stands alone as a mood piece album, looking back and forwards at the same time. I would have loved 2-3 more albums with Vini on but it wasn’t to be. It sounds so different to all the other albums and I see Vini all over it, ok maybe he didn’t write the songs but he remade them with his spikey lyrical guitar sounds. We were all blessed that this album was made, thanks Vini…

Great pair they were! Both had a distinct style,
and complimentary. M definitely had his choice of flavors. Though short lived, let’s not forget Street.
Almost forgot about Mark E. Nevin and his contributions on Kill Uncle. Many people don’t like this album. I hold a special place in my old ticker for this album

If I know Moz a little bit, looking back and dwelling on things he can’t change isn't his thing at all.
Uhhhh…did you just say that? You obviously don’t know Morrissey at all because that is exactly his thing, and always has been.

Vini ‘Guitars’ does not go anywhere near to describing his contribution to Viva Hate. He is six years older than Moz and grew up in the same haunted Manchester streets of the 60’s and 70’s and that lost Manchester teenage life of feeling forgotten infects his guitar sound and perfectly complements that epic album’s lyrics and mood. It was a new dawn for Moz, songs as lyrical as before but with a spooky spaced out guitar sound to bring them alive. It remains amazing to me and stands alone as a mood piece album, looking back and forwards at the same time. I would have loved 2-3 more albums with Vini on but it wasn’t to be. It sounds so different to all the other albums and I see Vini all over it, ok maybe he didn’t write the songs but he remade them with his spikey lyrical guitar sounds. We were all blessed that this album was made, thanks Vini…
True words. Best Morrissey solo album to date.

Good to see Boz and Alain getting along with each other so well.

Almost forgot about Mark E. Nevin and his contributions on Kill Uncle.
Don't forget 'Your Arsenal'. 'You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side' and 'I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday' are both absolute stonkers. My hunch is it wasn't Nevin who was the problem on 'Kill Uncle', but the limp-wristed production.

Don't forget 'Your Arsenal'. 'You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side' and 'I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday' are both absolute stonkers.
(y)
My hunch is it wasn't Nevin who was the problem on 'Kill Uncle', but the limp-wristed production.

Agree. Don’t know about ‘limp-wristed’
but I’ve always said as much. And I feel the same way about Finn’s YATQ production.

Uhhhh…did you just say that? You obviously don’t know Morrissey at all because that is exactly his thing, and always has been.
Exactly. He's been stuck in 1972 for most of his life.

:hearteyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom