Best Morrissey Song Ever, round 7

Best Song On You Are The Quarry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've done it. For the sake of doing it.....

I voted for I'm Not Sorry, for a few reasons.....
But, it's not at all a fair poll, as every song on YATQ is awesome,
so it was an unfair vote for me.

Moz deserves every award there is for this album,
as do his musicians.

really strange 'irish blood, english heart' only got 6 votes. What a blower

I vote for 'Irish blood English heart'. Yes, I'm also surprised that this song has not so much votes. When I heard this song for the first time, I kept in mind and really enjoyed it. I can listen and listen again to this one, a perfect song and a perfect single.

It has been v. difficult to reply. I just can't listen to this album, 'cause it makes me cry. "Let me kiss you" is a desperate, sincere heart-on-the-sleeve ballad. "Come back to Camden" is a classic song, with a wonderful, dreamy music. But "I Have Forgiven Jesus" is dramatic, original, filled with real pain. Some of his questions are mine too, so I voted for this treasure.

Ambrosia said:
It has been v. difficult to reply. I just can't listen to this album, 'cause it makes me cry. "Let me kiss you" is a desperate, sincere heart-on-the-sleeve ballad. "Come back to Camden" is a classic song, with a wonderful, dreamy music. But "I Have Forgiven Jesus" is dramatic, original, filled with real pain. Some of his questions are mine too, so I voted for this treasure.

Fantastic words.

You see what I mean about it being unfair?

Every song has soooo much about it.

Camden could possibly be one of his best songs ever.

andy_fozzy said:
Fantastic words.

You see what I mean about it being unfair?

Every song has soooo much about it.

Camden could possibly be one of his best songs ever.

Thanks. Yes, I see and I agree: this album deserves every possible award :).
As to Camden, it's v. sweet and harrowing. Its emotional peak is the final part, with his shrill, clear voice singing, almost promising: "I'll be good...". :o
Fantastic. I've re-listened to that song recently and I can't do anything about it, I love it...

I didn't vote for it but I can't believe TWIFOCB has got so few votes.

'Quarry' has grown on me somewhat but I still think IBEH and, my vote, FOTGTD stand out an absolute mile.

It's not one of my favourite Morrissey albums but is good nonetheless.

Ambrosia said:
Thanks. Yes, I see and I agree: this album deserves every possible award :).
As to Camden, it's v. sweet and harrowing. Its emotional peak is the final part, with his shrill, clear voice singing, almost promising: "I'll be good...". :o
Fantastic. I've re-listened to that song recently and I can't do anything about it, I love it...

Hey, me and you have something going on here dude :)

I ADORE the song, and the I'll Be Good bit really does bring real tears to my eyes.

How do you do it Mr Morrissey...???

Ambrosia said:

Excellent words, and excellent choice of tracks. First of the Gang is a catchy song and clever lyrics, but the three you mentioned would all go onto my "Best Of" compilation.

Maybe time to do one of those again :D :D

Funny thing is these polls have made me re-listen (is that a word?) to some of my not so favourite Moz albums. "Ammunition" has given me a new reason to like Maladjusted.

andy_fozzy said:
Hey, me and you have something going on here dude :)

I ADORE the song, and the I'll Be Good bit really does bring real tears to my eyes.

We could create a fanclub dedicated to Camden :D (also in Camden!:rolleyes: ).
Or, at least, I should find some good video bootleg with that song :p. Any suggestion?

Zenith Nadir said:
Excellent words, and excellent choice of tracks. First of the Gang is a catchy song and clever lyrics, but the three you mentioned would all go onto my "Best Of" compilation.

Thank you too :o, also because I'm not English, so I usually think to write nonsensical things :rolleyes:.
Yes, "First of the Gang to Die" is v. catchy with that overpowering rhythm and frenzied chorus, and that's pretty tragical too, but those are my favourite tracks of the album...

Thanks for making our choices visible.

I will never again be able to hear Let Me Kiss You without thinking of Wally the Baboon. :(

I Have Forgiven Jesus for me, hands down (although I haven't either). I always loved that song, and it's one of those Morrissey songs that I connect with the most...those songs that make me think me and Moz have a lot in common...which isn't always a good thing. :(

but Irish Blood English Heart is great, too, I would vote for it too if I could. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes. :/

Back
Top Bottom