A (new) publicist needed?

Librarian On Fire

Looking back over the past couple of months of Morrissey's tour dates, the airing of songs and some rather bad publicity over websites, radio interviews and quotes making it into the printed media, it's becoming glaring obvious to me that Morrissey is in dire need of a publicist. Or if he has one, a new one.

This current practise of using "True To You" as a Pravda style official statement release for Morrissey might suit him, but it seems rather awaked and very amateurish. I'm quite sure some of the PR gaffs of this past tour could have been cleared up quite quickly and professionally by doing more interviews. Trying to gain more media exposure time. Morrissey's relationships with the media has always been strained, but it's time Morrissey started working more with the media instead of against it. Morrissey is really needing to make himself more media friendly. I know he has a distrust of many who want to be around him and likes to work in a simple traditional way, but accessibility is needed. Some properly worded releases around future recordings, tours, song writing, book deals would stop all the speculation and rumours.

It seems as if Morrissey is happy to paint himself into a corner, not being of a collective environment. To do his own actions and answer to nobody but himself, but perhaps a small change is needed.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon that's saying Morrissey's career is over, and all the new songs are dreadful. It's simply my observations.

Back
Top Bottom