Can we Soloists excert some pressure for a new album?

Peterb

According to many posts, the chances of Morrissey getting a recording contract are slim. Surely this cannot be so.
If Moz intends to retire at 55 (as he has said) then the next album his could be his last and if he doesn't bring one out soon there could be no more.
Moz, if you are reading this, we want an album!

According to many posts, the chances of Morrissey getting a recording contract are slim. Surely this cannot be so.
If Moz intends to retire at 55 (as he has said) then the next album his could be his last and if he doesn't bring one out soon there could be no more.
Moz, if you are reading this, we want an album!

It's easy to have this mentality when you have no knowledge of Morrissey's completely unreasonable expectations for a record deal.
I find it very unbelievable, however, that someone could be so deluded that they would think that anything posted on this website could make anything NEAR a significant change in Morrissey's career moves.

Maybe if you and your friends (solowists) weren't such complete assholes and didn't talk so nasty about him, calling him racist, Nazi, Aids, and so on, maybe you'd have a chance, but with people like you, this website, and the scumbags within, you have blown it. This is what happens when you steal music and don't "support" the artist and the music you care about... it ends. This website is done. "Pressure?" Morrissey doesn't let anyone "pressure" him to do anything, let alone some obnoxious loudmouths. He does what he wants and we are thankful for that. You, CrystalGeezer and a plethora of other useless users have done all you could to tear Morrissey down, all in vain, of course. You have no power, so don't waste your time starting threads like this. But to answer your question, the fact that Morrissey has said f*** YOU to this website, "Can we Solowists excert (sic) some pressure for a new album?" The answer, is an emphatic, "f*** NO." Move along, there's nothing else to see here.

It's easy to have this mentality when you have no knowledge of Morrissey's completely unreasonable expectations for a record deal.
I find it very unbelievable, however, that someone could be so deluded that they would think that anything posted on this website could make anything NEAR a significant change in Morrissey's career moves.

^^^This. I agree with this and I can't even stand this "mcrickson" fellow.

Maybe if you and your friends (solowists) weren't such complete assholes and didn't talk so nasty about him, calling him racist, Nazi, Aids, and so on, maybe you'd have a chance, but with people like you, this website, and the scumbags within, you have blown it.

Oh no! Are Mozzy's feelings hurt? You really think he is legitimately bothered by anything said on here (bar the whole legal thing that happened when David posted the story about him not paying his crew)?
If he actually turned out to be such a pansy that anything a bunch of fat, pretentious second-year psych students said actually MOVED him, I wouldn't want another album from him anyway. The reason he doesn't have a record deal is because he is too picky - I think it is still up for debate whether the quality of music he is putting out is a contributing factor, because I still think there are a shitload of smaller labels that would sign him simply because of the fact that he is Morrissey.

This is what happens when you steal music and don't "support" the artist and the music you care about... it ends.

Actually, I don't give a shit about any of the artists I listen to - they are complete strangers. I just like their music. And most of the time, yeah, I steal it. I don't see anyone else's panties getting in a not over it - all of them are still putting out music, so if Morrissey folds, needless to say, I will still have music to listen to. I understand that, for several people on this site, Morrissey is the only music they listen to; all I can say is that that's pretty unfortunate.

This website is done.

Yeah, that's what morrisseysworld.blogspot.com said too. It's sorta like saying that just because 4chan is appalling, it will end, too. From what I understand, we get the same kind of schizoid freaks here.

"Pressure?" Morrissey doesn't let anyone "pressure" him to do anything, let alone some obnoxious loudmouths. He does what he wants and we are thankful for that. You, CrystalGeezer and a plethora of other useless users have done all you could to tear Morrissey down, all in vain, of course. You have no power, so don't waste your time starting threads like this. But to answer your question, the fact that Morrissey has said f*** YOU to this website, "Can we Solowists excert (sic) some pressure for a new album?" The answer, is an emphatic, "f*** NO." Move along, there's nothing else to see here.

See, here's the thing: don't group me into your "we." I'm not defending Peterb's post, I think it's really naive. However, it's naive in the same way as your post. It seems like you think you're some kind of blazing revolutionary who, with the power of his ass-hurt spite, is going to single-handedly take down what is a Morrissey website that probably has the most traffic of any fansite about him, one that has been around for over ten years, and one that (here's the kicker) you still frequent. Yeah. He said "f*** YOU" to this website. Guess who is on this website? You. And you say "there's nothing else to see here," but you WILL come back to this site, and you WILL respond to my post, because after all, you DO have your internet pride to worry about.

Sigh.

I still think there are a shitload of smaller labels that would sign him simply because of the fact that he is Morrissey.

yeah, I wish he would go back to the Independant Record Labels because I think he knows and we know that he will be instantly signed...but he seems more interested in the charts and being with a well known record label. I don't understand it.

Jesus Christ! There is a lot of high blood pressure out there. I just thought I'd start a thread where we could moan about the fact that we haven't had an album for a while. What do I get? The usual abuse. I honestly do not understand the motivation of these people.

Jesus Christ! There is a lot of high blood pressure out there. I just thought I'd start a thread where we could moan about the fact that we haven't had an album for a while. What do I get? The usual abuse. I honestly do not understand the motivation of these people.

tumblr_lqcfgvZbF71qcxtqo.gif

fan sites are serious business!

Hey CrystalGeezer, did you notice our special mention by VivaMorrissey? "You, CrystalGeezer and a plethora of other useless users have done all you could to tear Morrissey down". I never realised what utter bastards we were.

Moz cannot get a Record Deal, this is what he says (if I am not wrong) It just seems insane as nowadays even an unknown bloke who cannot sing can actually get one and Moz cannot.....There must be things that we do not know..for example the conditions Moz imposes onto a Record Label. Please help me guys:confused::confused::confused:
Cheers Moz

Moz cannot get a Record Deal, this is what he says (if I am not wrong) It just seems insane as nowadays even an unknown bloke who cannot sing can actually get one and Moz cannot.....There must be things that we do not know..for example the conditions Moz imposes onto a Record Label. Please help me guys:confused::confused::confused:
Cheers Moz
Damn right Stoned (are you stoned? I wish I could get stoned. These days I just don't know where to go to get the required goodies!)
Surely he's a major and important artist. He's writing new material and does not rely on old hits cabaret to keep afloat. Maybe it does have something to do with the conditions he imposes. Even a live album would do for now. I havent even heard the new songs.

He'll get a record deal. And he'll never retire.

He ll never retire because he needs us as much as we need his music. In spite of what he says about retiring, he ll go and on for another 25 years.
Cheers Moz

Hey CrystalGeezer, did you notice our special mention by VivaMorrissey? "You, CrystalGeezer and a plethora of other useless users have done all you could to tear Morrissey down". I never realised what utter bastards we were.

Yeah. :squiffy: At least angry man got to use a two dollar word on us. :p

He'll never retire because he needs our money as much as we need his music. In spite of what he says about retiring, he'll go on until he's old, withered, lost his voice and his lyrical talent. (Oh, wait...nevermind.)
Cheers Moz

Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom