Atheism Thread

Wonderful post, wonderful picture.
Try and ignore Lasse Kongo. Clearly a very unhappy person. Massive issues.

Thanks Peterb. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I went to lutheran school for 5 years and it made me stop believing in god. True story.

I believe you.

- - - Updated - - -

My only issue is my hopeless love for Jehne that will never be answered. It does things to your mind.

Is that what it's called these days?

1011508_10151729970460155_2048097165_n.jpg

This is what this atheist sees when she looks into the sky. Her wonderful son!

9344948724_bc35715973_c.jpg

Wish I was that good when I was younger. Some of the neighborhood kids bought a 1/4 pipe this year and kept egging me on to skate it. I told them it was 100 pounds and 25 years ago when I could do that. Ah, the good old slim young days.....

Wish I was that good when I was younger. Some of the neighborhood kids bought a 1/4 pipe this year and kept egging me on to skate it. I told them it was 100 pounds and 25 years ago when I could do that. Ah, the good old slim young days.....

He's been skating since age seven. I told him if he got all As in school, then I'd buy him a top of the line board. He did. And it cost me $150.00. But he stuck with it. He's on a skate team in Flagstaff. Sponsored but not pro.

Is skateboarding popular where you are? Back when you were skating, it was not mainstream yet. It still has a way to go though... even over here. I'm hoping that one day colleges will have skateboarding teams and offer scholarships. I think it is still a niche sport because it is not easy. Not everyone can ride a board. Heck, I can't even balance on one.

Well, just maybe you will be tempted to get back on a board. Have fun. :D

Well, just maybe you will be tempted to get back on a board. Have fun. :D

Oh I still skate, just not on ramps :D We've got 7-8 boards around the house.

Trying to get my kid to skate more but it takes a lot of practice and he's not quite there yet. Still only 6 so I've got plenty of time.

dolphin-excuse-me-sir.jpg

Question for RealityBites:

Do you think there is a chance or risk that the call for evidence based science may in fact stop or at least make it harder for future scientific evidences to develop?

What I mean is that there may be a risk that we are getting less openminded to new ideas that may one day become scientific evidence or scientific facts. I see science as a field for people who wanna discover things and so the same rules as you have during a brainstorming should apply. Even the most crazy idea must be considered and valued and studied and taken into account.

I fear that we are know in an era where the restrictions within science are greater than ever because of a small but powerful group of people have decided what is right and wrong. It has become a group of exclusions rather than a group open to new ways of thinking. We have to remember that most scientific evidences out there were many times regarded as madness and some discoveries came to life by simple mistakes that proved to be very lucky mistakes.

Science has been proved wrong and mistakes have been made and updates have been needed as new studies have shown other possibilities. I personally feel we live in a time when conclusions are made far too quickly and people are once again judged as mad when the history of science shows that several important discoveries were made by people also labelled mad or something worse.

What is your view on this?

Question for RealityBites:

Do you think there is a chance or risk that the call for evidence based science may in fact stop or at least make it harder for future scientific evidences to develop?

What I mean is that there may be a risk that we are getting less openminded to new ideas that may one day become scientific evidence or scientific facts. I see science as a field for people who wanna discover things and so the same rules as you have during a brainstorming should apply. Even the most crazy idea must be considered and valued and studied and taken into account.

I fear that we are know in an era where the restrictions within science are greater than ever because of a small but powerful group of people have decided what is right and wrong. It has become a group of exclusions rather than a group open to new ways of thinking. We have to remember that most scientific evidences out there were many times regarded as madness and some discoveries came to life by simple mistakes that proved to be very lucky mistakes.

Science has been proved wrong and mistakes have been made and updates have been needed as new studies have shown other possibilities. I personally feel we live in a time when conclusions are made far too quickly and people are once again judged as mad when the history of science shows that several important discoveries were made by people also labelled mad or something worse.

What is your view on this?

Science without evidence is pseudoscience... and should not be treated as science or taught in schools. Astrology and homeopathy are junk sciences which make claims without evidence to back them up.

Does requiring evidence halt progress? New discoveries? No. It prevent bogus drugs, procedures, treatments, theories and what not from flourishing. Proof. Checks and balances.

But the person you should really be asking is Uncleskinny, a working scientist.

Back
Top Bottom