You Are The Quarry Track By Track Review

M

Matt Hurst

Hello
There is a track by track review of morrisseys new album on page 353 on Channel 4's teletext here in the uk

> Hello
> There is a track by track review of morrisseys new album on page 353 on
> Channel 4's teletext here in the uk

i found it very positive on the hole, thanks

come back to camden, gorgeous showtune (hopefully someone can transcribe it)

irish blood, a great comeback single, but not the best on the album i'm not sorry, southpaw grammar

let me kiss you, a filler, but most bands would kill for a filler like this

the oworld is full..... definite single, sounds like moz's vocals have been pickled in aspic ??

all the lazy dykes, one of the best bits of thowaway filth this year

oh but the squalor of the mind, is the final line of the album, g'night

all the lazy dykes, morrissey invites housewives to come and join the girls

> Hello
> There is a track by track review of morrisseys new album on page 353 on
> Channel 4's teletext here in the uk
Damn, you Brits get all the good stuff!!!! I am so envious.

think again!

as an american living in london, i know for a fact they don't get all the good stuff! sometimes it's like i'm in a developing nation... better music? maybe. in general, ha! it makes you appreciate american in many ways.

> Damn, you Brits get all the good stuff!!!! I am so envious.

Re: think again!

> as an american living in london, i know for a fact they don't get all the
> good stuff! sometimes it's like i'm in a developing nation... better
> music? maybe. in general, ha! it makes you appreciate american in many
> ways.
that's true. I lived there for a year and there were many things I yearned for...HOT showers, COLD milk, you get the idea. But I remember you from the old days, davenport- and I still would rather live there than here. You cannot deny that London has THE BEST bookshops in the world....my favorite being the Penguin Bookshop on King's Road..is it still there? Funny anecode for you- (you lived in NYC, as I recall?) maybe you won't get it, but Californians will.(maybe). I was in Harrod's (doin' the Harrods thing every American is flogged if they don't do when they arrive in London) having my tea and scones when I saw this lanky teenager wearing a pair of SDSU (san diego state university) sweatpants. I blanched and remembered I was wearing my gray SDSU sweatshirt. He almost skidded to my table. "Hey!!!!" I hadn't spoken to people in weeks- even then, I had learnt to speak very quietly. "Ahem- (clearing my throat) "OMG you go to State???" he said he did and I said I graduated a while back and he was looking at all of the meats and cheeses and the big fish display and turned to me and said, "Hey, dude, wouldn't it be great if we could go to an Alberto's now??" ( generic Mexican fast food- but good ). I laughed so hard- we both did and I dunno, guess you just had to be there. davenport- there ARE so many things I appreciate about living in America- I know what you mean. There's just a different kind of feeling here you can't get over there. PLUS 300 telly channels- just kidding. What do you miss most? How long are you planning to live there for, if I may ask?

Back
Top Bottom