"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" info and tracklisting (July 2014) - true-to-you.net

Re: Release information and tracklisting for Morrissey's new album, World Peace Is None Of Your Busi

Yeyyy all new songs! AMAZING! Thank you Morrissey! :)

Kick the bride down the aisle? Best song title yet! :lbf: :lbf:

These are some cracking titles! They're all shiny and new so it's hard to compare, but they feel more immediate than YoR's when those were announced (I'm a fan of that album, nonetheless).

Have to agree with above poster who saw KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE not as against women, but empathizing with the rituals they're forced to go through. Maybe a companion piece to All The Lazy Dykes.

My favourite at a glance… EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET.
Looking forward most to the lyrics in THE BULLFIGHTER DIES and I'M NOT A MAN. Oh, all of them!

Re: Release information and tracklisting for Morrissey's new album, World Peace Is None Of Your Busi

Ohhhh! I was waiting for this! The titles are intriguing. I am excited to see a couple of long songs. I too had thoughts of Southpaw (which is one of my very favorites). I bet The Bullfighter Dies , at just over two minutes, is explosive. The title that is the least interesting Kiss Me A lot may actually be the most:p I am also so pleased to see that all the songs are truly new. I do hope the other unreleased songs from the last few years make their way to b-sides ( as I imagine they will). I didn't think I could get more excited for this record, but truly I am!

I am very happy to see the overall lovingly optimistic views expressed in this thread:D Really, we would all love him to knock this one out of the park!! Here's hoping:thumb:

Now that those atrocious "People same.." and "kid's a looker" et al are not on the album all I need now is a great sleeve photo without silly props such as guns, violins and babies.

- marred.

doesn't sound like contempt to me. Sounds like pity. Sad veiled bride please be happy. Plenty of uggos expected me to marry them because it's a man's world and they figure if a woman is alone she has few options and will have to marry for the financial security as if every woman decides to be a whore.
exactly!

Yes. But I'm beyond curious about I'm Not a Man.

probally a pun to Jobraith's ' I'm a man' great song from Jobriath's album.

and they say he's mentall...FWD; A Girl from Atlanta' you wrote, it's not on the tracklist.

probally early may in the US gigs you lot who have tickets will hear definately
a few of those songs

waiting to get the CD in my hands, or when it get's released in europe, have a feeling it might be earlier than July

'and they say he's mentalli'... Putin is none of worls business...

Refreshing to see the majority of tracks over 4mins! Here's hoping that Art-Hounds makes it as a B-sides!

Really excited and surprised that there's 12 brand new songs. I'm hoping Scandinavia and Art-hounds make B-sides. I'm not to concerned about the other 3.

Can't wait to see the Artwork. God how I've missed new album excitement.

The titles are great and all new songs. So looking forward to this. Some Irish shows would complete this.

Bravo! The studio in session songs are not included. Big step forward in hope of good album.

Maybe Morrissey has actually took his fans reviews into consideration for once? :cool:

Lonely Planet Boy

Now that those atrocious "People same.." and "kid's a looker" et al are not on the album all I need now is a great sleeve photo without silly props such as guns, violins and babies.

- marred.

^^^Totally agree!

Hope we get a fairly recently new pic as well. Not something that's been taken a decade ago!

Interesting song titles, it will take me some time to get used to them. Perhaps it's due to Moz not putting anything out in yonks, or perhaps because some of them aren't as Morrisseyesque as I'm used to? Hrmm..

I've heard rumours that Gus has dabbled in a song or 2 on this release.

Glad that the awful The Kids A Looker, People Are The Same Everywhere, Action Is My Middle Name aren't on the album. Although I do hope and pray that Art Hounds will be a B side; I really took a liking to that song.
Don't know about Scandinavia though.. Maybe Moz has something better than that as a B side

Didn't someone somewhere post a rumoured track listing months ago?? I'd like to compare it, does anyone have the link?

Really excited about this! Hope the US gets a lot of previews. Cannot wait until July comes around, this has me as excited as a giddy schoolgirl. LOL

Maybe Morrissey has actually took his fans reviews into consideration for once? :cool:

Maybe, just maybe you are right, Davie! :)

And again I'm wondering how clever those self-important geniuses are feeling now, the ones who confidently asserted that the new album would be rubbish because it would contain The Kid's A Looker, People Are The Same Everywhere, etc. Wrong about the album, wrong about "no major record label will touch him", wrong about "no tour promoter will touch him", wrong about "his fan base has deserted him", wrong about "his career is over". I can't imagine what it must be like to have such unerringly inaccurate insights.

Thrilled to see an all new track listing. I had mistakenly assumed Scan/people/action would be album tracks but I now assume they will be bsides. I wish 'to give is the reason I live' could be a bside too. I'm going to be open minded about the new album and the title has even started to grow on me.

And again I'm wondering how clever those self-important geniuses are feeling now, the ones who confidently asserted that the new album would be rubbish because it would contain The Kid's A Looker, People Are The Same Everywhere, etc. Wrong about the album, wrong about "no major record label will touch him", wrong about "no tour promoter will touch him", wrong about "his fan base has deserted him", wrong about "his career is over". I can't imagine what it must be like to have such unerringly inaccurate insights.

There's never been a problem with touring. There are enough people who love the Smiths and the best Morrissey stuff for him to do more nostalgia tours indefinitely - not arena or stadiums (aprt from one-offs) but decent size concert halls. There is a problem with solo album sales. Quarry shifted around a million worldwide, ROTT 300,000 and YOR might not have even made 100,000. His record-buying fanbase has partly deserted him since Quarry. Fact.
The quality of the post YOR songs he's played live has been pretty bad especially his favourite, People Are The Same. So all the criticism has been fair, and maybe the criticism has actually been useful hence the exclusion of all the 'new' songs we've heard live from WPINOYB.
The one unknown is the quality of Gustavo's songs - first new Morrissey songwriter for nearly 10 years. Rumour has it he's a proper musical composer i.e not just an indie bloke who can stitch a few chords together, and put a barely memorable guitar line over the top. Let's hope he's written some beauties. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the final song really was an oboe concerto?
So the criticism has generally been fair and arguably useful. Can't wait to hear the new stuff.
Guess the next step is to hear what the lead single and any b-sides might be. Exciting times!
Maurice

Back
Top Bottom