What is the most underrated track on "Viva Hate" ?

What is the most underrated track on "Viva Hate" ?

• Total voters
I don't really get what benchmarks you use to judge which tracks are underated...

to be honest, I don't really get this poll!

This is really a hard one i mean everyday is like sunday isnt underrated but things like Dial A Cliche, Angel Angel and I dont mind if you forget me are REALLY underrated

i went for The Ordinary Boys but it was close with Break Up the Family

but Viva Hate - what a GREAT album:)

"Rejection is one thing but rejection from a fool is cruel" Brilliant!

Anyone who likes to strum chords on the guitar won't be able to resist Dial A Cliché.
I must have strummed and sung along to it a thousand times and still I don't tire of the song! Plus it has a gorgeous flute part!
Viva Hate is such a brilliant album. I'm amazed that it's not universally considered to be his greatest. None of the others close.
There's such a lyrical and musical richness and the melodies are wonderful.

Dial-a-cliche is always cited as being shit by critics and fans alike, but its such a fantastic song. Short and to the point, with lyrics that are so true.

Because, Mike, those are the top-rated songs on the record judging from airplay and number of times they are performed. That's why they don't really qualify for the "underrated" tag. It has to be one that is overlooked.

Why Break Up The Family?

Love the lyrics, the sentiment, the singing, and the basic arrangement (or near a cappella performance if you prefer). I think it speaks to Morrissey's feelings moving on after the breakup of The Smiths - looking forward and not back. And I think the song's themes are universal.
Actually, the song is about his teenage days and the group of friends he had when he was about 13, 14. He said so in an interview at the time of the album's release.

And it is Break Up The Family for me, too.

Back
Top Bottom