What if this was an album

Not keen on that 'cover art', with what looks like a band members arm randomly poking out of Morrissey's lower abdomen. It looks like his intestines have prolapsed. :squiffy:

If you think that selection of songs are good, you’ve got a piece of granite for a brain.
Apart from Once I Saw… and One of Our Own, they’re all terrible.
Oh, give over. I think you’re just being deliberately obstinate. Had these songs been released between 1988-1997, you would have devoured them with gusto.

Oh, give over. I think you’re just being deliberately obstinate. Had these songs been released between 1988-1997, you would have devoured them with gusto.
No. Because they’re terrible. They’re cheesy, boring, repetitive, uninspired shite.
Actually… now I can see why you like them.

No. Because they’re terrible. They’re cheesy, boring, repetitive, uninspired shite.
Actually… now I can see why you like them.
So much venom and contempt. Are you all right?

What! We normally agree with each other, but this blows my mind. It’s one of the great Morrissey story songs. A fantastic lyric.
I love it too, a great album.

Yes, pardon me for using adjectives. Forgot who I was talking to.
I’m going to stop replying to you now. But your song choices are still rubbish.
Adjectives? No, mate. It’s the obvious and unwarranted contempt and the personal attacks that baffles me and makes me think that you might not be doing so well. The rest of us are having a lighthearted conversation about music.

world peace is the album i have always had on rotation since its release,so many good songs,i may as well highlight IN MY OPINION.

Perhaps due to the compression and bizarre lo-fi quality, sound wise yes... but lyric wise, they're quite up there

Sounds like they were distorted on purpose for some reason.

I agree. It seems like he was playing around with distortion since these demos, as Rebels Without Applause has it as well

I think Sam may have purposely added distortion to the demos he released on YouTube.

I don’t hear any unmusical distortion added to RWA that was released legitimately by Capitol.

It would be nice to get an official release of these 4 outta kes from the LIHS recording sessions.
And it should have a bonus disk with hard-to-find or unreleased tracks of the mid 90s, songs like Kit, Honey you know where to find me, Youshould have been nice to me, some of the earlier recordings of Southpaw songs.

Back
Top Bottom