Watch the video on VH1

Re: Video Help

> Perhaps the system you're on doesn't support video? I know that happens to
> me sometimes at work. For some reason -- this actually worked for me. I
> was expecting to get only the audio portion.
> P.S I have zero tech intelligence so feel free to ignore everything I just
> said.

GN-
Thanks for the help, I am thinking it is a work issue. Hope Moz makes it to Canada for you.

Interesting video.

Interesting. At first glance the video is incredibly elitist. A million miles away from faded Levis and gladioli back in dour and drizzly Manchester. You've got a warehouse full of antiseptic yuppies swaying to Morrissey's new single like anemones-- arbiters of cool tastefully "appreciating" a pop icon. These boys and girls appear in ads for Apple and Verizon, the sort of people for whom the only mortal sin is perspiration. Compare them to the audience shot on the "Rank" gatefold.

Visually, the first things I thought of were those urban/industrial spaces that performance artists (in New York and elsewhere) use to put on shows or open galleries. It's as if Morrissey has been enshrined in some museum, a living piece of pop art that Those In The Know come to see once a week whilst paring their nails and comparing iPods. This would be appropriate given Morrissey's (apparently new) cultural cache with the younger artistic establishment.

Now, this video is either a sly dig at the younger artistic establishment or is, in fact, a transparent gesture made by the younger artistic establishment.

Either way it's intriguing enough to belong in the canon of Morrissey videos, and in some sense it's nice to see Morrissey bear a younger generation's seal of approval. Whatever else may be said, it doesn't hold a candle to Tim Broad's masterpiece "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before", far and away the finest music video ever made.

Re: Wow. That was really crappy.

Wow.

Here I was thinking I'd find Intelligent people on a Morrissey forum.

What a disappointment.

> Wow.

> Here I was thinking I'd find Intelligent people on a Morrissey forum.

> What a disappointment.

you sound swedish, don't know why, but go with it, it's a trait

Fantastic!

You sound moderately retared.

What's your point?

> Fantastic!

> You sound moderately retared.

> What's your point?

are you really swedish? you do sound that way

I'm Canadian and quite proud of it.

Please don't tell me you're Americans becuase that's too bloody predictable.

Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom