The Smiths/Morrissey Vinyl...

boyleastlikelyto

well, that's the story of my life..
I just got a copy of "Everyday Is Like Sunday" 12" and 7" (two copies I guess), "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side" 12" and "Viva Hate"

B-Sides:
EILS - U.S. 12": Sister I'm a Poet, Disappointed, Will Never Marry
EILS - U.S. 7": Disappointed
TBW/TiHS - U.S. 12": rubber ring, Asleep
Viva Hate - U.S. Sire/reprise/Warner: Standard Tracklisting

I also have Morrissey's "Suedehead" U.S. 12", The Smiths' s/t U.K. 12" on yellow vinyl, The Smiths "How Soon is Now?" U.S. 12" and the Smiths "Panic" U.S.12"

B-Sides:
Suedehead US 12" - I Know Very Well How I Got My Name, Hairdresser on Fire
The Smiths S/T UK 12" rough trade [rtd25] - on yellow vinyl - I found this in a local record shop and I haven't been able to find out anything about it. Not even on passionsJLM. Anyone?
HSIN? US 12" [Fadeout Version] - Girl Afraid, How Soon Is Now? (Phil Brown edit)
Panic US 12" - Vicar in a Tutu, The Draize Train

What do you have?

Last edited:
I have the HSIN? US 12". But nothing more.

I have a question. I'm not a real big collector of rare material but I do have a vinyl version of "the smiths", on red vinyl. I've never seen it anywhere else and I wonder if it's rare or not. Not that it's that special, the only thing that really counts is the music.
I'm not going to sell it, I just like to know.

I have a question. I'm not a real big collector of rare material but I do have a vinyl version of "the smiths", on red vinyl. I've never seen it anywhere else and I wonder if it's rare or not. Not that it's that special, the only thing that really counts is the music.
I'm not going to sell it, I just like to know.

it's a boot pressing, it's a very good copy though, it's worth £15, I've got it as well, I've also got the blue one, the yellow one & the pink one.
here it's still available as well as a few other bits n bobs
http://www.sisterray.co.uk/advanced...button_quick_find.x=25&button_quick_find.y=16
if you click on the track listing on either pink or blue it states 11 tracks but it's wrong it's the 10 track copy. Oh & the good thing about sis ray is they take paypal, also check out Morrissey they still have some 12" singles left.

love

Grim

Having sold all my Moz/Smiths vinyls around 1992 (my first own flat had to be financed - with no funds from daddy - and not having a record player anymore i had to get rid of the "useless" vinyl stuff..yes i WAS stupid)...I'm now slowly building up a small Smiths/Moz vinyl collection again.

I, too, think that the coloured vinyls are very nice to look at. The Sandy Shaw "Hand In Glove" splattered one and the "Shoplifters" German marbled 12" - available in green/white or pink/white - might not be THAT valuable, but they are very nice items. There's also a blue/white/red splattered "William" 12 inch that is great, I'm still looking for this one. The German marbled "Smiths" would be absolutely fantastic to own, but they're going at 300+ GBP...unaffordable for me. One day maybe.

My most valuable vinyls might be the grey "Girlfriend" 12 inch, a US "Shoplifters" 12 " promo with the orange picture sleeve..and the blue "Sheila" 12 inch.

For some reason I only go for the 12 inches (for the moment....).

As far as Moz solo 12 inches are concerned...I still need "Roys Keen"...otherwise I'm complete (i. e. the commercially available items).

Collecting Moz/Smiths can become quite addictive :cool:

lv
_crsp-

Having sold all my Moz/Smiths vinyls around 1992 (my first own flat had to be financed - with no funds from daddy - and not having a record player anymore i had to get rid of the "useless" vinyl stuff..yes i WAS stupid)...I'm now slowly building up a small Smiths/Moz vinyl collection again.

I, too, think that the coloured vinyls are very nice to look at. The Sandy Shaw "Hand In Glove" splattered one and the "Shoplifters" German marbled 12" - available in green/white or pink/white - might not be THAT valuable, but they are very nice items. There's also a blue/white/red splattered "William" 12 inch that is great, I'm still looking for this one. The German marbled "Smiths" would be absolutely fantastic to own, but they're going at 300+ GBP...unaffordable for me. One day maybe.

My most valuable vinyls might be the grey "Girlfriend" 12 inch, a US "Shoplifters" 12 " promo with the orange picture sleeve..and the blue "Sheila" 12 inch.

For some reason I only go for the 12 inches (for the moment....).

As far as Moz solo 12 inches are concerned...I still need "Roys Keen"...otherwise I'm complete (i. e. the commercially available items).

Collecting Moz/Smiths can become quite addictive :cool:

lv
_crsp-

& seemingly never ending too. I just got a copy of TCM 12" the NY mix (that Moz hates) on ebay very cheap but more to my suprise when it arrived it has the rough trade stickers over the 'capitol' style rough trade, so now I've got both 7" & 12" with the stticky labels on, mind you I've not got the ordinary 12" copy with the sticky labels on, d'oh.

love

Grim

I had all the vinyl ,till my "OH" left them in the loft (on purpose???) when we moved eight years ago.The new owners would not let me retrieve anything and disposed of all boxes.(sob ):( :mad:

I had all the vinyl ,till my "OH" left them in the loft (on purpose???) when we moved eight years ago.The new owners would not let me retrieve anything and disposed of all boxes.(sob ):( :mad:

if that was my 'OH' I'd have to shoot them for such a crime, infact give me their name & address (& a recent pic) & I'll be round later to sort 'em anyway! :)

love

Grim

What do you have?

I have every UK 7" 45 signed by Morrissey, some are also signed by all 4 Smiths, some just Moz and Johnny. They were all signed when the Smiths were still together, except the last 3 or 4 and they all have Moz's original signature, not the one with the loopy Rs that he does these days.

Kumo

I have every UK 7" 45 signed by Morrissey, some are also signed by all 4 Smiths, some just Moz and Johnny. They were all signed when the Smiths were still together, except the last 3 or 4 and they all have Moz's original signature, not the one with the loopy Rs that he does these days.

Kumo

smiths45s.jpg

If someone can top my collection I would be really impressed!
Keep in mind these are just my signed UK 7" 45s...
If I had time to show you everything....

Enjoy

Kumo

it's a boot pressing, it's a very good copy though, it's worth £15, I've got it as well, I've also got the blue one, the yellow one & the pink one.
if you click on the track listing on either pink or blue it states 11 tracks but it's wrong it's the 10 track copy. Oh & the good thing about sis ray is they take paypal, also check out Morrissey they still have some 12" singles left.

love

Grim[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it's good to know that it's a boot. I don't really care for the color of the record, just the fact that it's vinyl makes it worth having. All music sounds so much better analog. I can give a scientific reason for it (analog versus digital), but today it's sunday so you'll just have to believe me. You have to hear "Asleep" on vinyl, it will change your live. It also makes much more sense on vinyl, "last night I dreamt that somebody loved me" is not the 6th track on strangeways, it's the first track on the second side. I do care about those things, there is always a reason why such a song is on that place of the album. Same goes for "late night maudlin street", it's the last song of the first side, you'll have to keep that in mind. After that song you walk slowly to you record player, turn the record and you'll hear "suedehead".
another question: is it normal that the vinyl version of "the world won't listen" doesn't have 'money changes evrything" nor "golden lights". I hope it's common, because that album has to close with "rubber ring", hearing "golden lights" after that is like drinking ice tea after an 18 years old single malt.

back to the thread: I have everything from the smiths, exept "louder than bombs". My morrissey vinyl collection is limmited to "Viva hate", "Your Arsenal" and "Maladjusted". One day I'll find Vauxhall on vinyl in this please-depressing-Belgians country, untill that day I'll live with the cd version.

smiths45s.jpg

If someone can top my collection I would be really impressed!
Keep in mind these are just my signed UK 7" 45s...
If I had time to show you everything....

Enjoy

Kumo

I'm not competing it's a very impressive collection, I just wish to point out that the last single the one with the red Murray Head sleeve of Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before, is not a UK pressing, it looks like the german line records pressing. It was also released in Holland with the same sleeve but in a brown colour & blue in the U.S.

love

Grim

I'm not competing it's a very impressive collection, I just wish to point out that the last single the one with the red Murray Head sleeve of Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before, is not a UK pressing, it looks like the german line records pressing. It was also released in Holland with the same sleeve but in a brown colour & blue in the U.S.

love

Grim

You are correct, but if you read my post I said I had every UK 45 signed
not ONLY UK 45s signed. I have far many more things signed than those.
12" Singles, Tour Posters, Tour Books, Promo Posters, LPs, CDs, Personal Photos, etc. not to mention a ton of Moz solo stuff signed too... However it's the Smiths 45s that I seem to treasure the most.

Kumo

Back
Top Bottom