The reaosn why this site induces such hate.

• Thread starter Mr. So & So (Or The Silent Woman)
  • Start date
Re: it pains me to say this...

IT IS CALLED GETTING OLD, YOU MISERABLE LITTLE f*****S. YOU GROW ATTACHED TO YOUR UNHAPPINESS. LIFE IS UNPLEASANT

I think Morrissey is expressing a different part of himself these days

I think it's quite important for an artist to express as many aspects of the human condition as is possible; That's why Morrissey adopted the union flag; That's why he once hung out in women's blouses; These days it's expensive shirts and a lot of moaning.

Morrissey may be unpleasant on occasion, and he may be unliked as a person by man, but he remains the most compelling pop artist of all time both in terms of his persona and his art. I believe the constant reinvention, and in a greater sense 'the journey' he is on is partly responsible for this.

Perhaps when he's 73, he'll be writing very haunting electronic pop songs about breaking wind under the bed sheets and not being able to leave his home for fear of being mugged. Don't attack him so viciously for refusing to conform - this is precisely why he's such a great artist. Yes he has his downsides, like everyone else, but unlike most others, he is creating something rather beautiful as he drifts through life, and for that I, at least, salute him.

> so you saying he's not being asked the same questions over and over again.
> are you sayng there haven't been some great interviews in the past three
> years? most of them are boring i agree...because they are the same adn i'm
> sure you'd get tired of doing interviews by now.

> not saying it's morrissey's fault or not (although i do think the writiers
> are hack)...i'm just saying i don't expect morrisey to perform greatness
> everytime he sits down to do an interview and since lately he's giving one
> every other day, i don't expect much at all. there first couple interviews
> which came out for ROTT were great. then they got boring and just repeated
> themselves. it's expected.

Back
Top Bottom