Table Manners Podcast (S16, E24): Johnny Marr (March 28, 2024)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Screenshot_20240328-214728.png

Not had time to listen.
FWD.

Thanks for sharing. Quite enjoyed this. Hadn't come across these 2 ladies before. Morrissey is barely mentioned but it is still an interesting chat. The one bit of Morrissey info - Johnny relates that Morrissey was 'best man' at his wedding to Angie in San Francisco in 1985.

In this podcast Johnny talks about being a vegan but not being a 'strict' vegan. His 'go to' favourite meal is pasta and pesto. Although he is aware that there is a vegan version of pesto without the cheese. He also has an omelette occasionally.
Curious to know other's experiences with a vegetarian or vegan diet. I went vegetarian when I was about 15. I did try going vegan when I was 19 or 20 but stopped after 2 weeks. I felt hungry all the time. My body just felt undernourished. I would agree with those who say that veganism is good as a 'cleanse' but not as a 'diet'. We do need some animal protein in our diet. Now I am mostly plant based but do eat some fish occasionally, and I do eat eggs. Dairy only very occasionally. Life is too short not to enjoy a slice of pizza now and again.
My 'go to' vegan meal would undoubtedly be dahl and rice. Curry generally is hard to beat when you are vegetarian.

Back
Top Bottom