Johnny Marr 2024 UK Tour

Everyone has their own opinion. Johnnys had 4 top ten albums now and this tour is taking in some pretty big venues so he seems to building up a decent following.

How many albums do you actually need to sell now, to be in the Top Ten?

in the clip of stop me above its hardly clear whos singing,its like a combination of the crowd and john martin maher,its like karaoke.
people who are at the show are obviously enjoying themselves so who am i to rain on their parade, i just think its a bit smiths tributey.

in the clip of stop me above its hardly clear whos singing,its like a combination of the crowd and john martin maher,its like karaoke.
people who are at the show are obviously enjoying themselves so who am i to rain on their parade, i just think its a bit smiths tributey.

I take it you don’t sing along to songs you like at gigs.

I take it you don’t sing along to songs you like at gigs.
no thats why you pay the singer,let him do his job,you are there to be entertained.

How f***ing stupid. Seriously. People always sing along at concerts and bands encourage it. Even Morrissey.

I really wish Neil and Johnny would make an album together, sans Chris. Not that I've anything against Chris or the Pet Shop Boys, but would just love to see Neil stepping in to the Morrissey role as lyricist/vocalist to Johnny's music. But I guess Neil feels it would be like cheating on his wife.

I really wish Neil and Johnny would make an album together, sans Chris. Not that I've anything against Chris or the Pet Shop Boys, but would just love to see Neil stepping in to the Morrissey role as lyricist/vocalist to Johnny's music. But I guess Neil feels it would be like cheating on his wife.
Johnny wouldn't take a back seat, vocal wise, now. Have you not noticed that with all these on-stage guest vocalists over the years that he takes the majority of the vocals regardless?

It's the same with every artist, isn't it? Same thing when I go to a Morrissey show - 95% of the audience are singing along. Sometimes it's cool and adds to the atmosphere, and I'll be singing along myself. Sometimes you end up with some tuneless banshee shrieking in your ear and ruining the night though. :unsure:

Johnny wouldn't take a back seat, vocal wise, now. Have you not noticed that with all these on-stage guest vocalists over the years that he takes the majority of the vocals regardless?

It depends on whose show it is. It's because it's his show, he sings on the songs too. When he guests with other acts such as PJ Harvey, Crowded House, the Pretenders or the Killers, he usually just plays guitar.

It's the same with every artist, isn't it? Same thing when I go to a Morrissey show - 95% of the audience are singing along. Sometimes it's cool and adds to the atmosphere, and I'll be singing along myself. Sometimes you end up with some tuneless banshee shrieking in your ear and ruining the night though. :unsure:
that was my point ,imagine having your night ruined by someone whose voice sounds like a cat being strangled sitting next to you,fine if its standing but if its seated your f..... .

Back
Top Bottom