Strange/unexpected Moz references?

About 10-15 minutes time BBC 6 Music Gideon Coe is going to broadcast Morrissey live (don't know which show).

Tune in right now!

*EDIT*
It's 4 songs (Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Fatty, More You Ignore Me and Now My Heart Is Full) from 1995 live.
You can listen again from iPlayer from 2:18:00.

Last edited:
Awww, BBC1's Celebrity Mastermind had a Morrissey quesrion.

Homage to Oscar Wilde, Morrissey put a bunch of flowers on his back pocket. Which flower is that?

Pity Paul Martin didn't know the answer.

Awww, BBC1's Celebrity Mastermind had a Morrissey quesrion.

Homage to Oscar Wilde, Morrissey put a bunch of flowers on his back pocket. Which flower is that?

Pity Paul Martin didn't know the answer.

Pity I don't know who Paul Martin is ;)

Just now BBC London Radio Robert Elms read an email from a listener Rick who wrote about Johnny Marr.

Rick heard interview of Johnny from Radio 2(?), apparently his mum didn't need a babysitter because Johnny was happy in his pram watching guitars when she was shopping.

I have to listen again this from iPlayer (approx 0:33).

Today's Robert Elms show, you can also listen Tom Courtney interview after 1:05.
Tom briefly mentions about Billy Liar! 1:17.

Pity I didn't know BBC 6 Music repeated Morrissey's Glastonbury 2004 live on 30th December.

Yesterday's Jarvis Cocker's Sunday Service featured This Night Has Opened My Eyes and Alex Turner's comment on Smiths.

You can listen again from iPlayer 1:40.

Also slightly earlier Jarvis mentioned Albert Finney's Charlie Bubbles.

Last edited:
Andrew Paresi being interviewed on Woman's Hour on Radio 4 with his partner/ wife about sartorial choices and purchases. I think. Wasn't really listening cos as soon as Morrissey was mentioned they played a track to accompany the segment. One which I doubt has ever been played in its original studio format on national radio in its 22 year existence; The Loop. Around 15 to 20 mins in.

I've decided to listen to more Radio 4 this year as I'm middle-aged

BBC London Radio Robert Elms show is having Notes and Queries on Wednesday.

One of the listeners who claimed to be a friend of Boz.

Boz told him that Hendon Classic Cinema was smashed up by Teddy Boys during the screening of Blackboard Jungle.
The incident was covered the front page of Daily Mail.
He would like to know it is true or not.

Robert doesn't know Boz is on the road, asked give him a call. :D

You can listen to the programme from http://bbc.co.uk/london

Last edited:
This Charming Man was used on Take me Out. The young chap wasn't able to gain a date with any of the 'ladies' as they found him posh and he worked at a castle!
tumblr_lpzfy4zhqE1qcxtqo.gif

Harry Hill & the Courteeners are on Sunday Brunch. Tim lovejoy's general prattling includes and mentions Morrissey. Harry did an impression of Morrissey...than i got bored of these dullards.
tumblr_ldu8m85SDA1qcxtqo.gif

In the December UK issue of “Esquire” in its regular section Style Icon, Alasdhair Willis the founding publisher of Wallpaper* magazine lists his essential items. For people and real-world icon he names Morrissey. I concur with Alasdhair. Morrissey has turned into a fashion icon these days.

Last edited:
Saw an Eastenders actress called Nina Wadia interviewed on the tele today saying she has just done a film called 'Strangeways Here We Come'. Apparently its set in a street in Salford. The story line sounds like it might appeal to Morrissey so I'm sure he will take it as a compliment. :thumb:

Not sure if this has been reported.. Catching up on the Showetime series Homeland, the character played by Claire Daines went undercover, the surname was Morrissey, which was spelled out, the scene took place in a restaurant, after the spelling the name, she was asked about ordering, she replied "I don't eat meat".

the fall and rise of reggie perrins doctor is called doc morrissey.its a 70s british comedy.

BBC 6 Music Radcliffe and Maconie's Teatime Themetime is playing Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself.

We have to wait another 10 - 15 minutes to find out today's theme.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom