Speculation - new album recording in January 2024?

A

Anonymous

Pure speculation, but there's a nice gap in the touring schedule between Aukland (December 14th) and Mexico (Feb 3rd). Does anyone think Morrissey might take the new band into the studio to record a new LP in January?

Who would people like to see as the producer - Chiccarelli again, or someone else? What kind of direction would folks like to see for the next studio record?

Probably unlikely but I think the material is there.

IIRC, Alain gave him at least two or three albums worth of music in demos. Only four were selected (so far) for WMTWD.

Presumably both Carmen and Camila would be submitting songs as well, and it will have been a year since 'Without Music The World Dies' was recorded, so it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility.

Pure speculation, but there's a nice gap in the touring schedule between Aukland (December 14th) and Mexico (Feb 3rd). Does anyone think Morrissey might take the new band into the studio to record a new LP in January?

Who would people like to see as the producer - Chiccarelli again, or someone else? What kind of direction would folks like to see for the next studio record?
I would doubt it. To lose one album is a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness. Three - let's not even go there.

No point. What’s the point in yet another album being recorded for none of us to hear????

We can speculate all we like, and he can record it, but it's ultimately a pointless endeavour, as there are no signs of the previous two getting released.

Maybe Morrissey enjoys recording and these days it does not take much money to record a new record. Why not hang out for a few weeks at La Fabrique in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France and cut a new LP. Carmen is an extraordinary guitarist and the band is sounding fantastic. After all, the Beatles made there debut record in a single day why not throw another one in the vault. I'm sure, someday they will be heard and enjoyed :)

Could rerecord Bonfire and release?

Recording a third album to be released? WHY?
It‘s Morrissey‘s fault alone for letting his fans waiting so long. I am truly disappointed.

For Morrissey the song is the most important thing. If he is inspired the songs will come and they will be recorded. Maybe they will be released soon or maybe he will leave behind a unique treasure chest. Saying why bother is like asking a caged bird why it sings.

For Morrissey the song is the most important thing. If he is inspired the songs will come and they will be recorded. Maybe they will be released soon or maybe he will leave behind a unique treasure chest. Saying why bother is like asking a caged bird why it sings.
This bird put himself in the cage.

Back
Top Bottom