Stockton, CA - Bob Hope Theatre (May 26, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Maladjusted / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far Off Places / People Are The Same Everywhere / Black Cloud / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Action Is My Middle Name / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / Speedway // Panic

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey at Bob Hope Theater | Stockton, California | 5/26/2012 - The Rock Subculture Journal. Review, photos, videos by Jason DeBord. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo posted from terrywarona / Instagram. Link posted by CrystalGeezer:

stockton.jpg

Last edited:
wish i could have stayed longer, i still think that the interaction between moz/boz and the band is much better at the smaller venues, moz looks so relaxed, wonder if he prefers the smaller venues..even liam looks chilled out..manc lad

It DID make me cry - both at the concert and now again watching back home. And I ain't a crier.

I've never heard someone capture the essence of why we all find this man so captivating.

come and stay with me because i love you.

Looks like this was one of the gigs to go down in Morrissey folklore. He looks happy and content with himself. A big thank you to all those who filmed this gig. The quality and coverage is excellent.

It was finally nice to hear an articulate fan say what Morrissey means to them. Makes a refreshing change from the yelps most people say when presented with the microphone.

Thank you Morrissey for coming to Stockton. It was one of the best shows ever.

Looks like this was one of the gigs to go down in Morrissey folklore. He looks happy and content with himself. A big thank you to all those who filmed this gig. The quality and coverage is excellent.

It was finally nice to hear an articulate fan say what Morrissey means to them. Makes a refreshing change from the yelps most people say when presented with the microphone.

Quite. And the lady's words, spoken off the cuff with confidence, were perfectly chosen and articulated. Samantha, whoever you are, we salute you! :guitar:

I'm sure I recognise that first wee ginger guy who makes it on stage, at 2:42. Saw him at most of the UK shows last summer. Addicted to stage diving. Fair play to him, but how in the hell can he afford to get to Southern California. Double-dip recession? What double-dip recession? :eek:

Don't recognise the likely lad. Security handled people well in Stockton but ,gotta admit, difficult job getting the balance right - though Arturo was generally a soft landing... Is that him back? Nice to see. :)

I am thinking that between the "Attack" hint on the T shirts & the new songs, the month break (to hopefully record), the outcome good or bad of the court hearing (it's PR no matter what) and finally the bio coming up, we will be hearing about the man more than ever this year & for the years to come.

I am liking how you're thinking. :thumb:

Amazing! i almost climbed on stage but the security guards kept me down... I almost passed out from dehydration and taking the beating from the overly obese secuirty guard...

Here is a clearer view (but horrid audio!) of the wee ginger girl's grab for glory. Nice tat too. Cuteness abounds ~

Thanks to mikepsf for documenting.

Last edited by a moderator:
MORRIZSEY;1986718148[media=youtube said:
sQpI210jykg[/media]

Thanks to 'concertkid2' for the great videos

Thanks MORRIZSEY.

Luv Boz's little machine gun move at the start of 'How Soon Is Now?'. Possible nod to ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Having grown up w/The Smiths (a dear friend gave me his The World Wont Listen on vinyl in '87!) and onward through college where I DJ'd and played as much solo material as I could, then seeing Steven in '91 and '92...in SoCal...and now living near Stockton, I was compelled to go with my wife. What a superb night...the venue, in case no one has mentioned it, is gorgeous...and perfectly suited for Morrissey. The music rocked, the seats we had were great...well, I assume they were good. Never did sit down in them...about 8 rows back...dead center...the presentation was wonderful. It was, enchanting.

I'll say this...I may enjoy Morrissey's Vauxhall and I and previous stuff much more than his later songs, but I had a helluva time at this concert and it was way better than my previous concerts....by a LOT.

Let's see if these come through.....

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jFjaiVU1-hY/T8HL2ndwKzI/AAAAAAAACrs/KxgmRzS6YxM/s903/12+-+1

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-NbZa9WVbdbQ/T8JCXr18mWI/AAAAAAAACsY/DtONVRfsJ14/s903/12+-+1

Then, I had this happen to me on Sunday, true story.
Went to Starbucks. Struck up a conversation with the kid behind the counter....I told him I saw Morrissey...blank look...you know, THE SMITHS !!! THE 80s !!!!!
still blank looks....he says, I wouldnt know, I was born in 1990 and anyway, I am into "modern rock" (kudos to him for unknowingly resurrecting outdated terms)....
anyway, I was like...Well, Hell, then you must know about The Smiths !!! nope.
Needless to say, I am going to drop off a CD for that kid. He needs and Education in Reverse....just like the day...and I remember that day...the DAY...I got that TWWL on vinyl and was never the same.

-Alex

It was deadly hot in there, even in the areas away from the pit. But I've felt it even hotter at other shows.
These venues need to blast up the a/c when the crowds get so thick.

Amazing! i almost climbed on stage but the security guards kept me down... I almost passed out from dehydration and taking the beating from the overly obese secuirty guard...

i looked over at my friend a few times and she had tears streaming down her face. made me choke up a fews times. it was a great show

Incredible show! Band and Mozzer were on point my highlight of the night was maladjusted. But the whole set list sounded great. How soon is now with the drumming at the end was just crazy. All the new songs are great just like as any of his other songs. Sucks that I heard boos for when he introduced Jessie. He is so talented and and did a great job as did the rest of the band. Dayuum I hope I get to see dear Mozzer again!

Jesse deserves every one of those boos.

The guy absolutely cannot write music (he's actually atrocious at it) and has no sense of style or finesse on guitar.

He absolutely butchers the Smiths stuff (as well as the early Moz solo material). Every Morrissey fan knows it but unfortunately too many of them have their heads stuck so far up Moz's ass that they won't admit it.

He comes from the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" school of guitar playing. It's all just power chords and poorly played picking.

The Jesse Tobias era has been awful for way too long now. It's time for him to go and I bet you'd be thrilled with pretty much anyone who would replace him. You'd wonder why Jesse was allowed to show up in the first place.

I have to echo the sappy sentiments of another poster. The shows I have gotten to see on this last tour have reminded me why I have loved this man since I was a child. He has created the soundtrack of my life and he stirs something inside of me like no other musician can. I've liked other bands and still listen to other music, but he is the only artist who has ever mattered to me. I truly hope he never stops because the world is far richer for the work he does.

How soon you forget the atrocious "Ringleader Of The Tormentors", the lousy "Years Of refusal" and the abysmal "Swords".

Those releases sucked. Sorry but it's the truth.

How soon you forget the atrocious "Ringleader Of The Tormentors", the lousy "Years Of refusal" and the abysmal "Swords".

Those releases sucked. Sorry but it's the truth.

Truth for YOU maybe. I happen to love all three - as do a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom