Redondo Beach / Greatest Hits

The Ghetto

I dearly hope I wont be castigated for this, as I have tried to search for the information myself (honest!) but I cannot find out if the version of Redondo Beach on the Greatest hits is a studio recording or a live performance, and if so, which one? *Gratefully bows*

Well I'm not for castigation myself. I'm not aware of a studio recording so I assume it's the live version, released as a single to promote the Live at Earl's Court album in 2005...

Yes it is that version. I actually listened to the GH album this morning and was really pleasantly surprised how well it all fits together.

The new songs help, of course, but my initial reaction is that this would be a very good introduction to Morrissey for someone who wants to dip their toe in...

I found it really odd when I saw it dumped in the middle if the track listings but Im going to give it a whirl, see how it all runs as an album

I'm not aware of a studio recording so I assume it's the live version, released as a single to promote the Live at Earl's Court album in 2005...

Yes it is the live version on the album.
The song though, was recorded for a Janice Long BBC session in December 2004, I'm sure someone will be able to provide a link to it.

Jukebox Jury

I have the the Janice Long 2004 recording of Redondo Beach on a CD...if someone tells me how uploading works I'd happily share it (I'm a computer moron, sorry.....).

-crsp-

Redondo Beach

Most have spoken of their disapproval of this song, but I think his singing on the track is outstanding.

Re: Redondo Beach

I agree 100%. Love this song. Went to Redondo Beach the other night....sang this song in my head as the waves crashed down onto the beach.

last time I went that way...

b15dd1d0.jpg

love

Grim

I agree 100%. Love this song. Went to Redondo Beach the other night....sang this song in my head as the waves crashed down onto the beach.

Hahahha. I do that too. :)

You have the clam chowder there?? It's delicious!:D

Back
Top Bottom