Plymouth anyone?

Awesome.
Right, I will be in there at 6, I have a quiff and tortoise shell glasses (I realise that there will be alot of those), and I will be wearing a cardigan with a black Moz tshirt underneath - a white sillohette of his face. I'm a young looking guy too. I will hang around by the bar and hopefully you'll all recognise me. If all goes to plan there should be quite a gang of us.
Rich

Awesome. I'm meeting atouchsensitive during the day & we'll be at the pub as planned. If anyone else wants to meet earlier let me know via the medium of pm. I'll check it before I leave mine at about midday. Think I'm a bit too excited about tomorrow - not seen him since 2008. Wide To Receive would be the proverbial cherry.

I am soo excited just over 24 hours and I'll be seeing Morrissey again for the 7th time. Luckily my Uncle has a B&B in Plymouth :) I'll probably be queuing from around 2pm in my meat is murder t-shirt. I'm a friendly fellow called Steve so feel free to chat and perhaps we can bask in the sun as we await the arrival of our musical hero.

Wahay!

Another Ebay bargain! two tickets for less than £20 each. Was too much for us to make this from where we are so had dismissed it as a tour we would miss (half a day of work thursday, 4 hour drive, B&B and a day of work friday = mega bucks for the two of us)...

but...

Saw the glastonbury setlist on TV and we thought 'bugger, we need to do this'. So we'll be in the pub, it will be bloody hard to get served if every smiths fan has decided to meet up actually at the bar though. I'll be the one wearing an adidas Tshirt saying 'excuse me' and 'are you waiting to be served', trying to be seen amid a forest of quiffs, desperate for a pint.

:D

I will be the one offering sailor boys cheap tricks in the disabled toilets, feel free to say hello.

Have just been round the streets on 'streetview' to find our hotel, and then round the streets by the pavillion to find the pub. Have never seen plymouth at all and roads by the seafront and the prospect of a pavillion all sounded very nice, i pictured crescents of white georgian houses, hanging gardens, parks and bandstands, children skipping to the pier with candy cane in hand...

:)

V

:eek:

Am hoping the streetview images were old images taken at the time of some post blitzkrieg makeover, and that it's now all finished. It reminded very much and quite fondly of my home town coventry.

Excellent Morrissey venue, almost beats swindon.

I emailed Mick at the Mount Pleasant Pub (opposite the venue) last night asking him if he would spin a few smiths/moz tracks before the show and that a few of us were planning on having a bevvy or two in the pub. Also suggested he could do well out of a 'after show' Moz themed party...
He emailed me back and said 'cheers, leave it with me'....sounds promising !

See you all there about 5-6pm
rug

Itching to get going now, getting train down for 3.00 and will take in the sights and hopefully The Mount Pleasant.

Like Clarkys post above:D perhaps the sights are not the best.

Happy Days

There are no sights - a lot of history but no sights. It makes Stevenage look like an historic market town. One always feels very slim on leaving Plymouth though as there seems to be a higher proportion of people who one could possibly describe as rotund.

I'll look forward to maybe meeting some of you chaps in due course - good work rugman!!

Yes, good work rugman. I'm at Victoria coach station now in the second part of my mission to Plymouth. Already been traveling nearly 2hrs, just want to bloody get there now!

Haha, yes, Plymouth isn't the most eloquent looking city, though you think it would be given its surroundings. It was bombed in the war and never really made beautiful again.
See you all later. Nice one rugman, good thinking!

Home now, great evening.
:)

Thought the sound was not brilliant but did not matter too much (sailsbury in 2009 still stands as my favorite moz gig). Excellent setlist last night, like i say thats what got us there as it's probably cost us about £400 all in to attend a gig on two £20 ebay tickets!

As a side, i thought the crowd were pretty poor in terms of interest (i don't expect everyone to dance, i don't!), but there were Sooooo many people chatting, texting and the like, whats that all about? It was a bit like a festival crowd that wander over to see the set but can take it or leave it. Several times i had to move as the people in front of or behind me were chatting (shouting) to each other the whole time.

Odd.

Plymouth is nice by the seafront, really nice, but the town itself looks like a blitzed town put back together with now crumbling concrete nobody can afford to mend or care about. Do you know that when we flattened Dresden they rebuilt it with the original architecture, but when our nice buildings were flattened we made it looked blitzed forever..

Just got home now.
Still buzzing.
I was stood with a gang of teenagers who were well into it.
I did feel old but the kids were great.
They were all very jealous because I was around when the Smiths were at their peek.
They all sang along with gusto.
I loved it.
As said the sound could have been better but still great night.

Anyhow, see you guys when i'm logging on this site again next (hopefully) tour.

I don't get here when Morrissey is doing nothing as i don't see the point, i'm not into a debate on his favorite colour or what he may or may not think about something he's never been asked.

TBH i think people with too much time on their hands and too much time indoors, and in light of recent events (that would have completely escaped me had they not happened during a tour and while i'm on this site), have the capacity to cause a status quo that when i next try to log in (in some twelve months+ time), that this site will not be here.

Sportscars are my thing, and i say the above as i've seen (and moderated) many forums that run their course, it happens and its a 100% guaranteed thing, there is a saturation lifespan where so many people join that a mood takes hold among the very few that post every day (or even hour) and that fills it up with so much junk that it kills it for the people that log on every week or so.

Next time he tours i'll fire 'morrissey tour forum' into the web and see who is out there. In the meantime PLEASE don't piss the bloke off to the point he gives up, as i'm not reading whats being said, and i'll just be seeing the guys response to it.

Don't kill it for the people offline that like his music but don't care about you.

2012? Hope so!

Last edited:
That was amazing! The set was great, some songs I wasn't ecpecting so that was really nice. Meat is Murder was just epic and the new songs are instant hits, I had only heard them once before (glasto set) but found myself singing along to them...that's the sign of a well crafted pop song.
The sound is always a game of chance at The Pavillions. Atleast it was an improvement on the sound for Kristeen Young. She was great though, will be checking out some more of her.

A lot of 40 odd year old dickheads forcing their way through, with complete disregard to those that spent so much time queueing.

Moz sounded great again.

Plymouth is a dive.

Stop watching gigs through a camera screen - you're completely blocking my view!

£2 for water makes me sad.

Took my sister to her first ever gig, while she loved Moz, she hated the people. I agreed with her, Hawick was several times better.

Managed to steal a Meat Is Murder Peta poster, mind.

A lot of 40 odd year old dickheads forcing their way through, with complete disregard to those that spent so much time queueing.

Moz sounded great again.

Plymouth is a dive.

Stop watching gigs through a camera screen - you're completely blocking my view!

£2 for water makes me sad.

Took my sister to her first ever gig, while she loved Moz, she hated the people. I agreed with her, Hawick was several times better.

Managed to steal a Meat Is Murder Peta poster, mind.

I know, a lot of dickheads that just forced their way through. Idiots, and I absolutely hate when someone asks you to move so that he/she can stand with their friends. One girl asked me to move a little so she could stand with her friends, I just told her no and that if she wanted to stand with them she should have came earlier.

Back
Top Bottom