Plymouth anyone?

rich_pip

Hey, I managed to get a ticket for the Plymouth date of Moz's tour in June, I'm not going with anyone at the moment as I could only get the one ticket so thought I'd come on here and see if there is anyone in the same situation who'd fancy meeting up, or if anyone in general doesn't mind one extra tagging along? Would be cool to be in some good company when watching the man himself.

Hey, I managed to get a ticket for the Plymouth date of Moz's tour in June, I'm not going with anyone at the moment as I could only get the one ticket so thought I'd come on here and see if there is anyone in the same situation who'd fancy meeting up, or if anyone in general doesn't mind one extra tagging along? Would be cool to be in some good company when watching the man himself.

I'm sorry nobody answered yet! I'll be in Plymouth, I'm going with my handsome groom, he bought the tickets as a present for me, he hates Morrissey, so...well it wouldn't be a very good company, BUT, if he changes his mind or if we divorce before June 30...I'll contact you :). Just kidding, I'm sure you'll find a nice company, don't lose faith!!

yeah me too like to meet up;) but im arriving pretty late .2.30

I'm sorry nobody answered yet! I'll be in Plymouth, I'm going with my handsome groom, he bought the tickets as a present for me, he hates Morrissey, so...well it wouldn't be a very good company, BUT, if he changes his mind or if we divorce before June 30...I'll contact you :). Just kidding, I'm sure you'll find a nice company, don't lose faith!!

Haha, thanks. Your husband needs to start liking Moz I think!

I see tickets still up for Plymouth.
I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
It's the only gig I can make because of work and other commitments.
I've got an overnight stay booked as well.
I know this sounds terribly unfriendly but I like to go to concerts on my own.
I went to a concert(not smiths or morrissey)with a load of friends(yes I do have them)once.
I never enjoyed it at all.
A friend was asking me last night about going I had to tell him.
I like go on my own because I'm the best company in the world.
He just laughed and said "that's just like you,now buy me a beer"
So I did and had a few myself as well.
Yum Yum.
beer.gif

Haha, thanks. Your husband needs to start liking Moz I think!

I've tried, but it's a lost battle. He hates him because he's jealous (I think) that I love Morrissey so much...and the fact that my husband is coming with me is a little miracle anyway, I can't ask for more :)

Hey, 2.30? Urely it will be over by then? I am guessing that's not the time you meant though ;) Would be cool to meet up with you. Give me an email if you like, or a pm.

..pm not am of course
dont know if you in Uk use the 2.30 or 14.30...
surely nearer the date..know any pubs near the venue?

know any pubs near the venue?

I had a look on google street maps and there is a pub very close to the venue, it does look a bit of a dive but who knows, It'll serve booze! I'm sure there are tons of places near by. I'd ideally like to find somewhere to go after the gig, I remember seeing somewhere online which was next to a college that played alternative music, maybe worth a go. Does anyone know Plymouth well here?

Last edited:
Ah right. That makes more sense. I will be heading into Plym in the evening, but can meet you when I get there if you like?
There are loads of good pubs. There's two oppossite the venue, one of which is actually quite nice...can't remember the name, but it's the across the roundabout, not the one directly facing the venue. Afterwards I would reccomend North Hill, which is where the college is you were reffering to, the main place for bands doesn't do music anymore, that was Skiving Scholar, I was one of the promoters there actually. But there's Ride and Cuba which are really cool. If you do want bands, then just down from that is The White Rabbit wo always have something on, located in the bus station. Otherwise you can try The Barbican, loads of trendy bars around there...that's just down the road from the venue.

I had a look on google street maps and there is a pub very close to the venue, it does look a bit of a dive but who knows, It'll serve booze! I'm sure there are tons of places near by. I'd ideally like to find somewhere to go after the gig, I remember seeing somewhere online which was next to a college that played alternative music, maybe worth a go. Does anyone know Plymouth well here?

my bus comes in the morning back to london and i dont have a hostel for that night so i need to spend the night somehow..sso a party sounfs good preferabyl where its not too costly or even better free,

Sistasheila, I'm coming from London too to see Morrissey in Plymouth; is the bus the easiest way to come back to London? or maybe train better?
Ciao Sad veiled bride, where do you live? me, Sardinia!
Hope to have a beer before the concert with all of you!

Sistasheila, I'm coming from London too to see Morrissey in Plymouth; is the bus the easiest way to come back to London? or maybe train better?
Ciao Sad veiled bride, where do you live? me, Sardinia!
Hope to have a beer before the concert with all of you!

Pisa...mi sa che ci troviamo tutti sul bus :thumb::D:guitar:

I'll be attending Plymouth - first Morrissey gig of the year I believe and my 7th show shortly followed by Hop Farm festival in Kent :) Soooo excited!

I'm also going to Plymouth. Would be nice to meet up for a drink.

I'm also going to Plymouth. Would be nice to meet up for a drink.

Cool. Where are you coming from, what time are you planning to get there? I will probs be getting there for doors.

@Smithsreunion Join the comradery, the more the merrier, maybe we should arrange a meeting point for anyone on here that wants to get together?

Cool. Where are you coming from, what time are you planning to get there? I will probs be getting there for doors.

@Smithsreunion Join the comradery, the more the merrier, maybe we should arrange a meeting point for anyone on here that wants to get together?

I'll go with a friend and we'll take the train from London. But I don't think we'll be in Plymouth until around 2pm.

I'll go with a friend and we'll take the train from London. But I don't think we'll be in Plymouth until around 2pm.

Cool, well I only live half hour from Plymouth, so I'll probably get there around the time the doors open. Could meet at the entrance just before?

Travelling down in the afternoon & would be good to know a venue for a meet rather than mooching around alone waiting for the gig to start.

Back
Top Bottom