NME is to issue an apology

Thanks Hugh, but is NME really going to issue an apology? :o

Last edited:
IS this apology wishful thinking or fact? No mention in her blog, though a very interesting perspective, more that Morrissey is/was a guilty pleasure !?!! Just imagine it at nightclubs up and down the nation! Kids going mad for I Know Its Over

The main bulk of the article is a swingeing attack on the NME which I have to agree with. As a tea-totaller I liked the bit about how the mag “doesn’t understand how the relentless stream of “cheers mate, got pissed last night, ha ha” interviews that clutter every single issue of the ‘new’ NME are simply not interesting to those of us who have no trouble standing upright.” My sources tell me that the NME is to issue an apology.

That sounds like the NME are going to issue an apology for turning into Heat, without the insight or the celebs

The main bulk of the article is a swingeing attack on the NME which I have to agree with. As a tea-totaller I liked the bit about how the mag “doesn’t understand how the relentless stream of “cheers mate, got pissed last night, ha ha” interviews that clutter every single issue of the ‘new’ NME are simply not interesting to those of us who have no trouble standing upright.” My sources tell me that the NME is to issue an apology.

That sounds like the NME are going to issue an apology for turning into Heat, without the insight or the celebs

Note the date she wrote that. The 5th.

So the NME aren't issuing an apology at all. Just a ploy to get people to read the thread.

I just have to say that Rupa Huq's blogs on this subject have been very sensible and interesting to read. The first one she wrote was very harsh and critical, but she did admit that she hadn't read the article. I have to say she got my respect when she acknowledged that reading the article actually changed her opinion on the matter. If only more people would have the guts to say that.

These links have been posted elsewhere, but here they are again:

http://rupahuq.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/another-immigration-row/
http://rupahuq.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/morrissey-he-speaks-he-sues-and-if-he-seems-little-dotty-thats-because-he-is/

Back
Top Bottom