My morrissey tribute on TNT

S

suzanne

As I still haven't progressed past the gopher desk at a local TV station, by the time Morrissey releases his brand new album, I will most likely have progressed up into programming for TNT by that point.

By that point, the neverending tour will be burned into the minds of the critics who have reviewed and loved his brand new album, and therefore, it will be a perfect breeding ground for the idea of a two hour tribute special.

I offer him this, should he decide to accept his mission:

Now, since it is two hours long and it involves Turner, you will have to accept that this is not your tribute to program as you please. Two hours is a lot of time to fill, and there are many potentially bruised egos if a few multi-million album selling artists are rejected in favor of David Johanssen. I know that we say that this is "your" special, but we have to think of the people at home. We'll give you a nice, cushy box above the stage to smile and shed the occasional tear. If you are actually willing to show up with a date, there will be room for them as well. Also, any ex-lovers, long lost children, reviled biographers, ex-associates wanting money, and ex-spouses can come along. They will be important at the end of the show when the all get on stage together and sing a chorale version of "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" with full harmony.

Don't be surprised if Bryan Adams appears and does a cover of "Trouble Love Me". I can't personally do anything about this, but I can give you a toy cap gun that shoots flying disks at him throughout the song. You can do to Bryan what he has done to us: be a tiny nuisance. This way, we can disavow any knowledge of how you received such a weapon. I know it sounds cheesey, but you have to remember, trap doors are obvious, and so are night sticks because you actually have to get up on stage to use it, giving him a chance to spot you and run before anything happens.

No, you can't have the microphone and rub it into any ex-band member's faces either.

does this sound good? See you in a couple of years!

avec amour,

Suzanne

it's ok to care

Ooooh, Suzanne, can I have the seat next to Ted and Bo? I promise I won't stare.

> Don't be surprised if Bryan Adams appears and does a cover of
> "Trouble Love Me".

I'll say one thing for him, he's a vegan.

I know it sounds
> cheesey,

He does not eat cheese (unlike Morrissey).

> Ooooh, Suzanne, can I have the seat next to Ted and Bo? I
> promise I won't stare.

Hmmm. I don't think anyone's sitting next to him for a few seats. They're reserved for his ego.

it's not ok to care

Back
Top Bottom