Moz Played "Hand in Glove" in Lyon tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I guess he really listens to us then

Uhh, didn't 'I Know it's Over' win the poll? I guess, maybe you are being sarcastic.

No he didn't.

Read the post properly!

christ, this is how silly rumours start. chinese whispers? next he'll have played the queen is dead with johnny marr, and john leslie will have been dancing naked at the side of the stage dressed as a giant tub of yoghurt.

or did he?

or did he? Set List posted on tour pages says he did...

> Read the post properly!

> christ, this is how silly rumours start. chinese whispers? next he'll have
> played the queen is dead with johnny marr, and john leslie will have been
> dancing naked at the side of the stage dressed as a giant tub of yoghurt.

If this is true I am going to tear up my ticket for Brixton. I would rather miss the show than

feel my heart sink into the pit of my stomach when his god-awful band bludgeon that truly wonderful song that should be so full of urgency and passion.

Please say it isn't so.

ENOUGH!

Oh come on. Give me a break. I am so sick of all this 'Lads Bashing.' I have been listening recordings o "I want the One I can't Have" and "There is a Light..." from the Fresno show and I think they sound quite good. I'm sure the minute they begin playing 'Hand In Glove' in Brixton, you'll cream your pants.

> feel my heart sink into the pit of my stomach when his god-awful band
> bludgeon that truly wonderful song that should be so full of urgency and
> passion.

> Please say it isn't so.

Re: ENOUGH!

You have obviously never heard the Smiths versions. Get some bootlegs, download them from Akiraware.com for free, but be warned, you will never be able to enjoy the half-hearted attempts by Morrissey's band again.

I don't have a problem with them playing their own songs as they make more of an effort with them and are obviously capable of playing them as they wrote them, but they just aren't anywhere near good enough or interested enough to pull off Smiths songs. And that's the truth, like it or not. It's as bad as Johnny playing their songs with Neil Finn singing, which also makes me rather ill.

Johnny was a rare talent, Boz and Alain are average, just as Moz has a rare talent and Neil is an average singer. In my opinion, Smiths songs deserve more than mediocre performances.

Alain said that they didn't even like the Smiths - and they damn well shouldn't be playing those songs just because they're paid too, Morrissey says those songs mean so much and he's the only one who understood them, but if that's true he shouldn't make his band play them, I blame him, not the band, I'm sure given the choice they wouldn't want to play them at all.

Actually Hand In Glove got a paltry 4% of the votes

> Alain said that they didn't even like the Smiths - and they damn well
> shouldn't be playing those songs just because they're paid too, Morrissey
> says those songs mean so much and he's the only one who understood them,
> but if that's true he shouldn't make his band play them, I blame him, not
> the band, I'm sure given the choice they wouldn't want to play them at
> all.

I agree with you. I think playing those songs only remind them that they're not the Smiths and could never mean as much to the fans as the Smiths did/do!
Also, if the Smiths or Moz & Marr ever worked together again, (this is hyperthetical!) "the lads" would be forgotten about in an instant.

Boz & Alain have contributed immensely in terms of songwriting to the Morrissey canon but they are playing like their hearts aren't in it. I've thought for a long time now that Moz should work with different people. This band has run it's course as witnessed at the shows and by the new songs written except Irish Blood. It's all just retreading the same ground musically. And if he gets Steve Lilywhite to produce again I'll have to hunt Moz down and shoot him.
It would be a crime to allow his exceptional songwriting skills and beautiful voice to be accompanied by dull, average musicianship and same as ever production.

Please lets hope he's had the sense to talk with Tony Visconti and get him to produce the next album. I'd rather wait another 5 years for that than another Lillywhite job.

Can I have your ticket?

Don't rip it up. Give it to me. My mate wants to go but can't afford a ticket. Go on, don't rip it up. Please.

> Johnny was a rare talent, Boz and Alain are average, just as Moz has a
> rare talent and Neil is an average singer. In my opinion, Smiths songs
> deserve more than mediocre performances.

> Alain said that they didn't even like the Smiths - and they damn well
> shouldn't be playing those songs just because they're paid too, Morrissey
> says those songs mean so much and he's the only one who understood them,
> but if that's true he shouldn't make his band play them, I blame him, not
> the band, I'm sure given the choice they wouldn't want to play them at
> all.
I blame Alain. Not applying for your visa is completely irresponsible and unprofessional. HE elected to go on tour and he knew Smiths songs were to be on the set list. If he doesn't want to play material that he was not a part of, don't go on tour and give the job to someone who has no problem playing them.

Well he definitely played it in paris last night and it sounded superb.. Strong and forceful. I was lucky to have it broadcast through a mobile phone!!
Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom