Morrissey's address revealed

M

Miss Wilde

In David Bret's book 'Scandel & Passion'- "arguably the gayest property from Hollywood's Golden Age" a snip @ $1.25 million!

> In David Bret's book 'Scandel & Passion'- "arguably the gayest
> property from Hollywood's Golden Age" a snip @ $1.25 million!

Unfortunately, he gets the address wrong. One of many howling mistakes.

Sk.

> Unfortunately, he gets the address wrong. One of many howling mistakes.

> Sk.

I got mine through the post yesterday. You're right. Whilst an entertaining read, it is littered with errors and that can't be right surely?

For example,

Phranc did not support Moz at Wembley Arena July 91 - It was Mellissa Ferrick, standing in as a replacement as Phranc had suffered a bereavement.

Why oh why aren't the "facts" checked before print??

> I got mine through the post yesterday. You're right. Whilst an
> entertaining read, it is littered with errors and that can't be right
> surely?

> For example,

> Phranc did not support Moz at Wembley Arena July 91 - It was Mellissa
> Ferrick, standing in as a replacement as Phranc had suffered a
> bereavement.

> Why oh why aren't the "facts" checked before print??

Yup - my missus skimmed through it when it arrived, and said it looked good. Having read it now, and noted the many, many mistakes, she is reluctant to finish the job. A good read, but, for gawds sake, check yer facts.

Sk.

> Yup - my missus skimmed through it when it arrived, and said it looked
> good. Having read it now, and noted the many, many mistakes, she is
> reluctant to finish the job. A good read, but, for gawds sake, check yer
> facts.

> Sk.
Those who actually KNOW the address, like me, would never give it out anyway....

> Yup - my missus skimmed through it when it arrived, and said it looked
> good. Having read it now, and noted the many, many mistakes, she is
> reluctant to finish the job. A good read, but, for gawds sake, check yer
> facts.

> Sk.

I understood it to be as a comprehensive look at his solo work. Whilst that may still be the case, why did the author re-gurgutate the smiths story??

I may be being too critical but I suppose the autobiography would be the essential purchase, as this just misses the mark, I feel.

> Those who actually KNOW the address, like me, would never give it out
> anyway....

What do you mean? Do you think Davd Brett knows the real address but put the wrong address in his book on purpose? Or do you think he thought he knew the real address but didn't really?

> What do you mean? Do you think Davd Brett knows the real address but put
> the wrong address in his book on purpose? Or do you think he thought he
> knew the real address but didn't really?
I live in California, and don't have access to D. Bret's book. So I wouldn't know.

> Those who actually KNOW the address, like me, would never give it out
> anyway....

why did you have to include the "like me" part? Are you establishing supremecy or something? this is NOT an attack on you just thought you should question your own motives for that. Maybe you should have just posted the following:

Those who actually know the address would most likely never give it out anyway.....

> why did you have to include the "like me" part? Are you
> establishing supremecy or something? this is NOT an attack on you just
> thought you should question your own motives for that. Maybe you should
> have just posted the following:

> Those who actually know the address would most likely never give it out
> anyway.....
Well said!

> What do you mean? Do you think Davd Brett knows the real address but put
> the wrong address in his book on purpose? Or do you think he thought he
> knew the real address but didn't really?

Morrissey never attempted to hide his address. When he moved to LA he held interviews in his home!! Honestly, one cannot assume the information would not leak. In fact the home he purchased is mentioned in various articles as being constructed by Clarke Gable etc. Why would you even need the address beyond that fact. A fact that Morrissey himself readily volunteered. Professional standards should prevent Bret from releasing the exact address but if he published an address that was incorrect then you would have to deduct that he intended on printing the actual address and he was wrong. Or why else would he have printed any address. A vague loction would have sufficed but again i have not read the book and i am not able to place the information in the context. Just a though thats all

> why did you have to include the "like me" part? Are you
> establishing supremecy or something? this is NOT an attack on you just
> thought you should question your own motives for that. Maybe you should
> have just posted the following:

> Those who actually know the address would most likely never give it out
> anyway.....
Look, I am in NO MOOD to be messed with now. I will post ANY f***ING WAY I WANT. YOU - whom I do not even KNOW, will not dictate to me how to write my OWN POST. No.....I am NOT *establishing supremacy*- I wrote what came out and if you don't like it, so sorry about that. You know something, my FATHER is dying. The way I write MY posts is MY business and you should f*** right off. Maybe you should mind your own f***ing business.

> I understood it to be as a comprehensive look at his solo work. Whilst
> that may still be the case, why did the author re-gurgutate the smiths
> story??

> I may be being too critical but I suppose the autobiography would be the
> essential purchase, as this just misses the mark, I feel.

i almost want to buy the book just to see how bad it is.

does it say anything about his love life past Jake, or is he too afraid to mention anything that might make Morrissey not look quite as gay?

p.s.

> i almost want to buy the book just to see how bad it is.

> does it say anything about his love life past Jake, or is he too afraid to
> mention anything that might make Morrissey not look quite as gay?

does the book also resemble a "cut and paste" of this website?

> Look, I am in NO MOOD to be messed with now. I will post ANY f***ING WAY I
> WANT. YOU - whom I do not even KNOW, will not dictate to me how to write
> my OWN POST. No.....I am NOT *establishing supremacy*- I wrote what came
> out and if you don't like it, so sorry about that. You know something, my
> FATHER is dying. The way I write MY posts is MY business and you should
> f*** right off. Maybe you should mind your own f***ing business.

i can't believe your response. i see you posting all over this board for a while now and you always take exception to posters who use foul language etc. You have reported people to the moderator etc. So what gives? i even said to you that i was NOT trying to dig you just make and example of what may be interpreted as "supreme" or "obnoxious" sounding. you can't tell me to mind my own f***ing business on a public site?? do you see any of the hypocracy in your action? please say yes then make and apology to me. You can't have a double standard. okay.

Why is it unfortunate that he got morrissey's address wrong??? i dont want(as Im sure he doesnt either) all these people knowing and then going there and harassing or possibly harming him. Im glad his address is not given out many times. if you really want to know what it is,you should have to be willing to go through alot to get it,and even so,if you do? what would you do??? go there and camp out in hopes of meeting him??????

Yeah,leave colleen alone.

> Yeah,leave colleen alone.

she started. you know it Pimpey!

> i can't believe your response. i see you posting all over this board for a
> while now and you always take exception to posters who use foul language
> etc. You have reported people to the moderator etc. So what gives? i even
> said to you that i was NOT trying to dig you just make and example of what
> may be interpreted as "supreme" or "obnoxious"
> sounding. you can't tell me to mind my own f***ing business on a public
> site?? do you see any of the hypocracy in your action? please say yes then
> make and apology to me. You can't have a double standard. okay.
I can't believe YOUR response! How do YOU know I've reported to the moderator about anything? Are YOU the moderator? I know what you said, but you cannot *suggest* to someone you don't even know, how to write their own post. That is really really insulting. You don't understand anything, evidentally. My father is DYING and it'll probably be in a few days. Even *I* slip once in a while. It's called being HUMAN. Fine, I apologize to you for my actions. Is that all right? I've gotten upset at all the meaningless posts ANDY I CATS makes- she clogs the board and I damn well right report her to the Moderator. So, I apologize. Enough please. I am too busy dealing with the grief of my father dying soon. Let me have THAT right, anyway.

> Yeah,leave colleen alone.
Thanks, it means a lot. I won't be coming in here for a while or if ever. I've HAD IT with these f***ers. But thank you, Josh. Much appreciated, bra'

Back
Top Bottom