Morrissey, the BNP and some idiots on this board...

I'll head through your responses as well (yours preceded by >s):

> This is interesting as it is a line that many white extremists use.

Sad but true. I can't really control the things they say.

> However, first it is important for you to understand immigration figures
> for the UK. Have you seen the stats? I have, as I work for Dfid, and part
> of our role is internal migration/immigration monitoring. 89.7% of all
> immigrants to the UK are from Europe and/or predominantly
> "white" countries.

Well, that is interesting, and not really congruent to the information I've seen. I don't up and refute your stats, but I wouldn't mind seeing a URL if there is one that shows this. It's entirely probably, as if you work for Dfid as you claim to, then I suppose you would know better than I. I'd be happy to be better-educated on this statistic if you can assist.

> Furthermore,
> what is your definition of "3rd World", which is an outdated and
> highly contestable term?

My definition? Any nation that is not in the "1st or 2nd Worlds." To be a bit clearer, this refers to any country that is not in Western Europe, North America, Japan, A-NZ, or the "2nd world" of the Mediterranean nations, Eastern Europe, Russia... and perhaps a handful of others.

I would give the primary "3rd World" examples as: Africa excluding Morocco and Egypt, countries comprising the former French Indochina, the entirety of Latin and South America, the subcontinent, and the Middle East minus Israel.

You can contest my definitions -- I don't claim them to be perfect -- but you did ask what mine was, so there you have it.

> I take it you have never studied macro-economics to a high level?

No. My studies were dually focused on the Latin Language/Roman History, and computer science. I dabbled in philosophy in the early going, but edged away from that for whatever reason. I was 18...

> Even in this simple quote, you are loaded with inaccuracies and typical
> right wing extremist flame throwing based on non-evidence.

I don't think so. Right wing extremists and racists usually think they are superior, or that others are inferior, and there is usually a hatred of other races/cultures. I don't hold any of those beliefs. OK?

> I am flabbergasted at how uneducated you are. You want India to be Indian?
> And what exactly is "Indian", for example? To just use this
> example, India is an amalgomation of an unbelievable variety of ethnic and
> tribal groups...
[snip]
> You are speaking about
> places in the World of which you manifestly have no knowledge whatsoever.
> There is no such thing as a "pure race" you buffoon. Going back
> to "India", the country didn't even exist until 1947.

Extraordinary. Why the vitriol and putdowns? I disagree with your beliefs as vehemently (if not more so) than you do mine, yet I still prefer to discuss rationally instead of including all of these base and tired derogatory insults. You clearly have some education and experience, so that makes this all the more frustrating.

I'm perfectly aware there is no such thing as a "pure race." I assumed we all took this for granted. My point is this: the "English" are not a pure race either, but again, when someone is termed or described as "English", we all have a pretty good idea of what that person is like. If I am told that person I am about to meet is "Indian" or "from India", I have a general notion of that person's culture, appearance, accent, and other things. This is not to pigeonhole, but merely a fact.

> You can't be racist (as you clearly are) and expect your country to
> continue to provide you with a high standard of living. Western countries
> are dependant upon cheap immigrant labour to maintain growth. This is not
> a point of debate amongst any respected economist.

Interesting. We did this just fine back prior to the 1960s -- there is no reason to assume this could not be once again. I agree we have BECOME dependent upon cheap immigrant labour, but since when is this OK? George W. Bush talks of granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in this country. Excuse me, but what part of "illegal alien" does he not understand? They BROKE U.S. LAW by entering this country -- the only correct response is to deport them back whence they came.

> I can only end in saying, thank God you don't live anywhere near me, you
> ignorant, racist piece of filth.

That's just real nice. Thanks. You have completely taken a few comments of mine out of context, and chosen to exploit them purely to paint me as a racist and a hater, things I have taken great pains to show that I am not. You are truly interested in painting me a racist more than you are listening to the spirit of what I am trying to say. Hopefully others here understand my point, and that my views hold true for every country and culture, not just U.S.-British culture.

The thing is, my hunch is that you're probably a pretty decent person in real life with your family and friends, and that somehow, somewhere along your life history, you somehow jumped onboard the leftist P.C. ship and decided to smear every person who even dares to question the politically correct crap the media dishes us every day nowadays. What drove you to this hatred of anyone even remotely right-of-centre I will probably never understand, but you'd be well-advised to tone down some of your rhetoric and hateful verbiage. It serves no purpose other than to inflame and instigate. If these are your goals, well then I don't get it.

My nightmare future scenario is what was once on the cover of Time Magazine: a day where every single person on earth, in every single country, looks the same: some generic "humanoid" with semi-olive skin, darker hair, and one big jumble of DNA. EVERY PERSON ON EARTH looking like that. Yikes. What happened to diversity??

Sadly, given your anti-nationalist venom and pro-immigration views, that scenario above is quite likely your dream nirvana. I suppose you'd like every single person on earth to be exactly 5ft 11in and think exactly the same thoughts too, right? Because that's exactly what happens in the long run when you don't preserve national identities and cultures.

Allow me to ask you this. Do you feel it possible, AT ALL, for a person to take pride in their nationality, and to desire to preserve these identities by cutting down on immigration, WITHOUT being hateful or racist? Or is that some logical impossibility for you?

-- J.T.

Hmmm...anyone would think there was an election coming up with the far right trying to peddle their pathetic propaganda....

I'd love to say ignore them and they will go away, but sadly, idiots breed. As long as we don't respond to this ignorant filth, they will stick to their own message boards for the same moronic audience as themselves.

> I know this is a tired issue and I am as tired of it as anyone so please
> don't attack me for bringing it up. But I am absolutely sick of racist
> idiots trying to dress Morrissey up as a racist or a BNP supporter to back
> up their own disgusting views. A few posts, including one at
> http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?read=174073 prompted me
> to write this message; the sad thing is that it is in fact THESE idiots
> who keep propogating this myth, as opposed to the traditionally
> stereotyped "politically correct liberal".

> Morrissey has never done or said anything to suggest he is a racist, and
> he is far too intelligent to think, as the poster in the link pasted above
> seems to think, a political national boundary equates to a certain skin
> colour or culture.

> I've been to many, many Morrissey concerts and was lucky enough to go to
> some Smiths shows as well - as a result, I've met many Morrissey fans. I
> have never met a BNP supporter or, thankfully, a Daily Mail reader (some
> may describe that sentence as a little tortological).

> So here is my message to all you right wing, nazi, BNP/Pat Buchanan
> supporting f*** heads out there - go and preach your hatred somewhere
> else, you're not welcome here, and your hijacking of Morrissey for your
> own hideous racist ends is not welcome either.

Back
Top Bottom