Morrissey at O2 Wireless

glitches? i already have a radio recording with the glitches. unfortunately the link above is dead :( re-up anybody? thanks for ther reply, :cool:

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=610Z3Y5Q

This is the best audio version of "Ask" at the moment - it's an MP3 audio extract from the satellite TV broadcast on Channel 4, therefore without the glitches, but lower quality. Still better quality than the other "glitch-free" version out there ...

(it's a 320 kbps mp3, but only as I didn't want to lose even more quality when converting - the original audio source is mp2 192 kbps ...)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks to the original poster. Something is better than nothing. Also thanks for "Ask" ripped from the DVD. That quality is stellar (IMHO) I'd love to have the full audio from the DVD. If it weren't for the fact that my computer has all the power of a wet turd and I the brain to match, I would try to track down and convert it myself. Thanks again. I love the fact that I can live 5000 miles away and hear a kick ass show a few days after it happens.

Here are the other two audios extracted from the Channel 4 TV broadcast without glitches:

"Last Of The Famous International Playboys":

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BVPH0QDT

"Irish Blood, English Heart":

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=8ZXJ5I4U

"First Of The Gang To Die" was also broadcasted, but I don't have this one. But to be honest: I think we already have ENOUGH perfect soundboard/FM/offical live CD/DVD recordings of "First Of The Gang" (and "Irish Blood, English Heart") ...

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the stellar work in sharing the various files so far. Now what we need for the Lossless-heads among us is:
1. The FM Radio version of the audio (broadcast in London area) rather than the lossy/diginoise WebStream.
2. The 4 songs broadcast on TV as MPEGs or DVD/VOB files (rather than the 3 on Dime wrapped up in a much bigger Various DVD).
If anyone can do that I'd be v. grateful.

Thanks to everyone for the stellar work in sharing the various files so far. Now what we need for the Lossless-heads among us is:
1. The FM Radio version of the audio (broadcast in London area) rather than the lossy/diginoise WebStream.
2. The 4 songs broadcast on TV as MPEGs or DVD/VOB files (rather than the 3 on Dime wrapped up in a much bigger Various DVD).

Couldn't say it better, especially number 1. Although I have to say: I did a spectrum analysis with the webstream version on smithstorrents (different one than posted here) and the one put up there has real good quality, almost like a "real" FM recording. I would be 100% happy with it if there weren't the glitches ... (But as mentioned again: The real important rare live versions like "Vicar In A Tutu", "You Say You Don't Love Me", "Throwing My Arms Around Paris" etc. are flawless, thank god! Wouldn't have needed ANOTHER First Of The Gang, Irish Blood etc. pp. in soundboard quality that badly like the other songs ...)

Nevertheless: If somebody still can bring up another recording which could improve what we have now, please give it to us. THANKS!!

Last edited:
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=610Z3Y5Q

This is the best audio version of "Ask" at the moment - it's an MP3 audio extract from the satellite TV broadcast on Channel 4, therefore without the glitches, but lower quality. Still better quality than the other "glitch-free" version out there ...

(it's a 320 kbps mp3, but only as I didn't want to lose even more quality when converting - the original audio source is mp2 192 kbps ...)

exactly what i was after, :guitar: you're a star thank you

I was listening via Xfm Scotland FM analogue radio broadcast on the night and the digifarts were rampant. I really think it was just a case of Xfm not being able to technically handle this kind of broadcast. When the BBC do this kind of thing its usually perfect which is understandable what with the BBC's resources compared with Xfm's. Even when it wasn't glitching all over the place I thought the mix was fairly ropey ~ guitars/keyboards too high in the mix and Moz's vocal sounded like he was in Regent's Park not Hyde.

I was listening via Xfm Scotland FM analogue radio broadcast on the night and the digifarts were rampant. I really think it was just a case of Xfm not being able to technically handle this kind of broadcast. When the BBC do this kind of thing its usually perfect which is understandable what with the BBC's resources compared with Xfm's. Even when it wasn't glitching all over the place I thought the mix was fairly ropey ~ guitars/keyboards too high in the mix and Moz's vocal sounded like he was in Regent's Park not Hyde.

I tend to agree with this. I've noticed this with most XFM live broadcasts of Moz concerts. Be it V Festival 2006 or The Roundhouse, etc. Boz's rhythm guitar is too high in the mix and the drums seem really echo-ey as well.

I'll be quiet now :)

the show is now on 4od. just watched it for the first time after constantly looking for vids of the gig from the tellly on here and elsewhere. bit annoying that you have to watch the ads inbetween the different parts but still better than downloading a large torrent of the full gig.

does anyone know how to capture video off 4od?

ANYONE??? I'm especially looking for number 1 and FOTGTD broadcast on TV.
Thanks in advance :)

there is another video beside mozmal`s version of what she said where that shirt drapping can be seen from another angle...:o

thanks to the person who uplopaded mozmal`s videos (-di? mell ?) up on youtube for those who cannot download this (like me !

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried posting this last night but wasn't

registered, so here's hoping this will work now.
I am several years older than Steven and not "au

fait" with forums as such.

It is a megaupload audio download rar folder

consisting of 8 files with no glitches, that will

fit on a cd-r (approx 80 mins.) with id tags, @ 320

kbps.
The order is as the concert I hope, except Irish

Blood,English Heart is 4th and Vicar in a Tutu and

That's How People Grow Up, is missing due to pops.

1. Satellite (XP) rip from CH4 TV (4 tracks)

2.Audio rip from audience recording MP4 from this

site [thankyou, hope you don't mind me using it] (1 track)

3.Satellite XFM radio rip (band intro track)

4. Audio rip from audience recording MP4 from this

site [thankyou] (1 track)

5. Satellite XFM radio rip ( 3 tracks)

6.Audio rip from audience recording MP4 from this

7.Satellite XFM radio rip ( 8 tracks)

8.Audio rip from audience recording MP4 from this

Hope you enjoy this.

The Address is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PTX366K4

Back