Mislabled album title

The Seeker of Good Songs

I was just looking thru Soulseek and someone had the Morrissey album "I Am The Quarry"

I just don't understand.

There are lots of misnamed songs and albums on Soulseek. Sometimes you'll find songs by one artist atributed to another as well. It's nothing new.

Oh I know and realize that, but my thnking is/was..if they are fan enough to want to listen to the songs, they must know something about it, so why at the minumum do they not relabel the song/file to correct it? If they don't even know it is incorrect why do they have it in the first place? Do some people just download anything just to have it?

Oh I know and realize that, but my thnking is/was..if they are fan enough to want to listen to the songs, they must know something about it, so why at the minumum do they not relabel the song/file to correct it? If they don't even know it is incorrect why do they have it in the first place? Do some people just download anything just to have it?
They might not be a fan at all. Downloading albums from Soulseek is very easy if your bandwidth is high enough, so, yes, people will download anything, maybe just out of curiosity, as it's the easiest way to hear an album. Some people even say they've downloaded lots of stuff they haven't even had the time to listen to yet. :rolleyes:

On Limewire, there are a few.

"Morrissey - The Smiths - I Am The Sun, I Am The Air" is an old favourite of mine.

How the hell do people think the very obvious son and heir (two words that go together) is sun and air, which makes no sense at all. I think I remember seeing in a professional article Morrissey described as "in his own words, the sun and the air". It's not just a simple mistake of naming the song after a lyric in it, how could you think that is the correct lyric?! It's insane!

How the hell do people think the very obvious son and heir (two words that go together) is sun and air, which makes no sense at all. I think I remember seeing in a professional article Morrissey described as "in his own words, the sun and the air". It's not just a simple mistake of naming the song after a lyric in it, how could you think that is the correct lyric?! It's insane!

I think its an easy mistake to make

sun+air are both natural elements

I think its an easy mistake to make

sun+air are both natural elements

But they make no sense within the context of the song. He is the sun and the air of a shyness that is criminally vulgar/nothing in particular? How can you be the sun of shyness? How can you be the air of nothing in particular?

In the German "Rockpalast" footage of Morrissey's Rock am Ring concert last year the stupid TV people changed the song title "Panic" to "Hang the DJ"..quite embarrassing :rolleyes:

Robby - do you ever get any sleep?

Back
Top Bottom