KFC diner told 'you can't have bacon in your burger here - we're now halal'

they should just lie and tell people who want "halal" food that it is
and those that want "kosher" that it is
and those that want whatever other stupid socially constructed identity for their food :crazy:
that, well, its that too! :rolleyes:

your brother is the imaginary guy from that urban legend? can i have his autograph?

according to snopes, your brother is a woman.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/tumor.asp

In the variant I heard, it was Kentucky Fried Rat.

I wonder if his bother is that chap that was playing with his willy while he had his headphones on and his eyes shut & his mother left him a cup of tea.

In the USA KFC fast food 'joints' you get these 'biscuits' (like scones) with a set menu and in the UK you get fries.

Also, in the UK we don't get 'Mac & cheese', 'Whipped Mashed Potatoes with delicious brown Gravy' or Southern-style Green Beans.

I think i've eaten KFC twice in my life and thing its shit.

Its no legend sunshine,he got compensation ,the whole shebang.and hes every inch a man sweetheart .obnoxious twat

i'd like to see the legal documents, because i am thoroughly convinced that shit is now backing up your throat and spilling out of your mouth.

let me guess, they settled out of court? no paper trail. colonel sanders has got to cover his dead pus filled chicken peddling arse somehow, i guess.

i'm sure you at most glanced at that link i posted. i would suggest you go back and read the paragraph that starts "unlike most contaminated food stories, this one couldn't have happened." it's full of these fun things called facts that sorta kinda disprove your shockingly inane pointless lie.

i'm sunshine. i'm a sweetheart. i'm an obnoxious twat. make your mind up, love.

KFC diner told 'you can't have bacon in your burger here - we're now halal'

By Katherine Faulkner

A diner was left fuming after a KFC restaurant took his favourite meal off the menu because it breached their new halal regulations.
Alan Phillips was told he would have to travel five miles to another branch if he wanted the Big Daddy, a chicken burger, topped with bacon, cheese and salad.
The branch, in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, is one of 86 KFC restaurants which is running trials of a scheme where they sell nothing other than halal meat.

The company has taken the burger off the menu because Islamic dietary law forbids Muslims to eat anything which has been prepared on the same premises as pork, which is itself strictly forbidden.
It said it was responding to 'increased demand' for a halal menu in the areas of Britain with growing Muslim populations.
Mr Phillips said he found the change 'extremely unfair' on non-Muslim customers.
'I can't believe a chain like this has taken this stance,' he said. 'Staff told me that due to the dietary laws halal meat could not be prepared in the same place as other meats, so I couldn't have my bacon.

It was like they were saying I couldn't buy bacon because it might offend people.'
Mr Phillips was told he would have to travel to another KFC five miles away to buy his bacon burger. He protested that this was too far for him to travel.
'It is getting silly,' he said. 'I have many friends who are black, white and Muslim but they wouldn't be forced to eat non-halal meat.

'I have no problem with them selling halal meat, but I would like the choice.'
Traditionally, halal meat must be slaughtered by hand, although KFC, which has more than 750 restaurants in the UK, said its chickens are not killed in this way.

The meat must also be blessed in the name of Allah and cannot be kept on the same premises as banned substances including pork and alcohol.
KFC spokesman Nina Arnott said the halal trial was expected to last 'a few months'.
She said: 'We've responded to requests to provide halal food in some parts of the UK and the Middleway Park restaurant in Burton is one of the restaurants taking part in our trial.
'The Big Daddy is the only product we've taken off the menu at our trial stores and we're using exactly the same ingredients and exactly the same tasting chicken as before.'

Five miles!
They shut down the KFC near my work due to building an extra large train station. I miss those crispy strips.

I wonder how much the Express/Star had to pay that guy to be peeved about the whole thing.

Who needs bacon when this is on the menu?

KFC%2BBowl.bmp

Just get some bacon from a shop & chuck it on there! Sheesh!

Incidentally, so long as Suggs is happy to appear on one of Labour's propaganda adverts, he can f*** off.

PS I've now got the Peter Kay version of You Can Call Me Al going around in my head.

'You can call me Halal'

Last edited:
Also, a general comment: it is shocking to me that KFC is actually popular in England. Kentucky. Fried. Chicken. In the U.K. I caught the end of "Twenty Four Hour Party People" the other night and "Shaun Ryder" (or one of those filthy twerps) mentions going out for "a KFC". I'd seen the movie six or seven times before realizing what it was he said. Unbelievable. Shame on the "glorious new global economy" for plaguing England with Kentucky Fried Chicken. Utterly satanic.

Are you for real? It's not just that particular chain.....The UK is swamped with Big Macs, Whoppers and Finger licking chickens. Then Fatty Arbuckles (or whatever it is), Frankie & Benny's, Pizza Hut, TGI Friday's....... and a pizza takeaway every 5 shops (with kebab and other takeaways being the shops in between)
The ''good old British Fish & chip shop'' is becoming a thing of the past:tears:

Jukebox Jury

Are you for real? It's not just that particular chain.....The UK is swamped with Big Macs, Whoppers and Finger licking chickens. Then Fatty Arbuckles (or whatever it is), Frankie & Benny's, Pizza Hut, TGI Friday's....... and a pizza takeaway every 5 shops (with kebab and other takeaways being the shops in between)
The ''good old British Fish & chip shop'' is becoming a thing of the past:tears:

Jukebox Jury

I am for real, to my dismay. :rolleyes:

I know the U.K. is overrun with chains. I've been over there. The rich people in your country will sell you lot out even faster then the rich people in my country have thrown us to the wolves of the global markets, and that's saying a lot.

It's KFC that stands out to me-- Kentucky Fried Chicken. Particularly shocking, you see. It's like finding out the latest craze in London is driving a Hummer to work. Or, imagine your sense of dizziness and disorientation if Manchester United relocated to the middle of the U.S. to satisfy the demands of millions of football-crazed hillbillies.

Okay, so maybe it's not that extreme. But, y'know, just to illustrate the point. :)

Last edited:

Jukebox Jury

Actually Fatty Arbuckles got shut down after a guy got electrocuted to death because of fauly wiring on a grill.

The Good Old British Fish & Chip Shop has been almost exclusively run by Chinese/Greek people for years. There's still plenty of them around although I do miss that old school cheap curry that places used to do.

Back
Top Bottom