Just back from filming Culture Show (to be shown this coming Saturday)

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
A very long day - had to drive there and back, but got there on time at 9:30am at a bar just off Oxford Street. Mike (Wild Oscar) came with me and we met the lovely MaryAnn (Dougal) at the venue. They had us arranged on three tables, one set of supporters for each of the final three nominees, and we each had "Vote Morrissey" big badges and T-Shirts. We wore the badges but not the t-shirts, it felt a little odd. Anyway, 5 hours or thereabouts of filming, Mike turned out to be an excellent scriptwriter and MaryAnn was a moderating force, we ran through what needed to be said, and then Lauren Laverne came along, and interviewed me. There were a few bits that I really hope don't make the show, but I must say that Lauren was great - really friendly and chatty, and we had a nice chat about Jonah Lewie (where is he now?). They kept us full of sugar and caffeine, and despite being in a bar, no booze allowed, which is probably a good thing. A funny part was when I was talking to one of the crew, she asked how far we had travelled, and I said about 200 miles, and she then started singing "I went to London and I...booked myself in at the Y....WCA", at which point Mark Kermode turned round and said "I know that song - The Queen Is Dead!". "No," I said, "It's Half A Person". He just went "Oh..." and walked off. He was interviewed in the show about movie matters, but Lauren asked him who he voted for, and he said "Morrissey, of course" and then said something about a man who nicks his guitarist from the Polecats must have taste.

Anyway, we found out that over 200,000 votes had been cast in total, and that the final result was very, very close. We were also told who won, but as I signed the forms, I can't tell you - you'll have to wait until Saturday.

Many thanks to Mike and MaryAnn for making it a memorable, if tiring day.

Best Wishes,

Peter

Aw, that sounds brilliant, Skinny! I'm sure you didn't let us down. Can't wait to see the three of you all your glory. Congrats.

Hey great - thanks for that.

would be so funny is some one got that half a person song thing on video would be so funny i surprised u didnt cry out with laughter i would of

I said I'd check in + make sure he's not giving anything away...

Just to add:

That's a good synopsis Pete, well done. He would have rattled on all day if I'd let him, bless him, so he needed a bit of structured guidance - bite-size chunks, snappy sentences, something catchy but not cliched, etc.

Don't know if the final edit will pick up the best points, but let's hope so.

Yes, a good experience but one I couldn't do every week (we were both up before 4am - Skinny's working tomorrow, I'm not thankfully!).

When we were left to our own devices, as it were (i.e. the 3 of us chatting while other interviews took place - we were still on camera, so we had to be quiet), Dougall made a good description about our conversations, which of course were exclusively about Moz/Smiths: "it's like the website's come to life!"

Good description, Dougall, I liked that. The website's great (Thanks Dave T, Pete + team), but there's nothing quite like face-to-face banter.

As for the Living Icon? No doubt there'll be some postings after Saturday.

Night night, Pete...

It was quite a day. Great to meet you both- true, it was a bit like the message board had come to life- but thankfully we didn't end up hurling personal insults at each other. Given more time and sugary snacks, I'm sure we would've managed it though...Made it back to my desk by 3.30. Boss didn't even notice I'd gone so I still have a job, sadly. Don't think she watches The Culture Show...

Thanks for Peter, Oscar and Dougal.
Look forward to watching the programme on Saturday.;)

Just came back from the Frankfurt-gig and I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Morrissey said that he didn't win the vote. He said he was second and that Attenborough had won.
But he didn't seem to be to disapponted, so why should we be?

Just came back from the Frankfurt-gig and I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Morrissey said that he didn't win the vote. He said he was second and that Attenborough had won.

I hope you're a liar! :(

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Lydia, you didn't mean to upset us, however, if you've read Uncleskinny's original post, you could've kept your mouth shut!!

How old are you?
I'm very disappointed with someone who has very little consideration to the others.
You have no respect to other members?
Even Morrissey said something about it, you didn't have to tell us.

chill out ffs!!!

Imagine if he won.... he'd be on the Princess Di Wembley birthday show!

Anyway a tenuous link would be David is Dickie's brother, Moz's favourite film is Brighton Rock and therefore.....

I am in White Xmas mode

Morrissey said that David Attenborough won (he was hundreds of votes ahead then lost it at the last minute, hmm that's strange)
because
a) he didn't want to win, and by saying this, hopes that none of us tune into the programme on Saturday.
or
b) he didn't win

Wether Moz won or not, he got in the top 3.

Just think, fukkin Jamie Oliver could have beat him, or Richard Madley. Wankers.

You'll always be MY icon Mozzer, always XXXXXXX

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Lydia, you didn't mean to upset us, however, if you've read Uncleskinny's original post, you could've kept your mouth shut!!

How old are you?
I'm very disappointed with someone who has very little consideration to the others.
You have no respect to other members?
Even Morrissey said something about it, you didn't have to tell us.

I really didn't mean to upset anyone. But on the other hand it was Morrissey himself who told the news yesterday. And the result doesn't change, no matter wether you get to know about it now or on saturday.
It was just a poll - not the end of the world.

I really didn't mean to upset anyone. But on the other hand it was Morrissey himself who told the news yesterday. And the result doesn't change, no matter wether you get to know about it now or on saturday.
It was just a poll - not the end of the world.

You must be very popular telling everything you know to the world.
Pity your parents haven't give you an important advice:you don't have to tell everything you know to others.
I disrespect people who have no coutesy and respect to the others.

I'm glad I got the advice when I was a child.

Sorry Kewpie but is your Auntie down from Reading?

I'm sure if you look in the tour feedback section, attendees of last night's gig have said the same thing... so it would have been on the forum sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom