Latest update from 'Culture Show' Icon vote

The Goat

Banned
OK, cant go into too much details as I have had a call 'from someone in the know'.
Basically, things are going well for the final three votes - however.....
we need to get those votes in as I was given Morrissey's position in the three and lets just say more votes are needed!!!!

www.bbc.co.uk/cultureshow You will find details of how to vote online here.

The voting carries on until Midday on Monday 11th December. The winner is announced on BBC Two's "The Culture Show" on Saturday 16th December.

The Goat

I hope Morrissey will do an interview or something when he wins...:)

Thanks for the information Goat. Very James Bond-ish:p
I voted about 100 times so far and will definitely keep on deleting cookies, rebooting, logging in etc... it just takes so long! Maybe I skip lunch or something;)
That being said I do believe McCartney-fans are just as passionate as we are, so I don't think Morrissey's gonna win this. But of course he should so, well, goodbye lunch!

Morrissey said to vote for Paul or David on XFM this morning :p

I think it's between those two actually and I'd hate to see McCartney win, his ego is ginormous already.

It would be nice to see Attenborough win, maybe it would send the message out to TV bosses that quite a lot of people enjoy television that isn't just about celebrities or members of the public making idiots of themselves.

Thanks for the information Goat. Very James Bond-ish:p
I voted about 100 times so far and will definitely keep on deleting cookies, rebooting, logging in etc... it just takes so long! Maybe I skip lunch or something;)
That being said I do believe McCartney-fans are just as passionate as we are, so I don't think Morrissey's gonna win this. But of course he should so, well, goodbye lunch!

Try this: I did/do, and it's much easier and less stressful!!

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/sho...4&postcount=40

The link doesn't work Jose. Help!
And thanks Imbrie, but I tried that before and it didn't work out. Maybe it's because I have the new version of IE, dunno.

somebody help this man! we need all the multi-voters we can.

When I click on the link the only option it gives you is to vote for Macca, is anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Erm, I've just realised that the word vote just happens to be under Paul McCartney's picture. Panic over

Last edited:
The following is on TTY today together with a picture which I couldnt copy, but make a note of the interview this Saturday 9th Dec BBC2 7.30

Television presenter and comedian Danny Robins is campaigning for Morrissey for the BBC Culture Show's Living Icons poll.

Robins traveled to Newcastle with a BBC film crew on Monday the 4th of December - the day of Morrissey's concert in that city, and the release date of the new single "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy."

During his visit to Newcastle, Robins spoke with Morrissey, and urged people to vote for Morrissey in the Living Icons poll.

Footage from the day's filming will be broadcast on The Culture Show on Saturday the 9th of December on BBC Two at 7:30 p.m.

Please click on the following link for details on how to vote for Morrissey in the Living Icons poll:

www.bbc.co.uk/arts/livingicons/vote/

Here's the picture if anyones interested. Looking forward to seeing this on saturday.

wow
if this really works i will vote like 1,000 times...
it seems to be.
Are you sure it will log in all votes, including those from the same IP address 100's of times over?

wow
if this really works i will vote like 1,000 times...
it seems to be.
Are you sure it will log in all votes, including those from the same IP address 100's of times over?

I dunno...
I asked that same question in another thread somewhere, but no reply (so far).

Anyone? :confused:

YEEEESSSS! Thank you so so so so much! What do you want for Christmas?;:)
I promise to vote til my fingers start bleeding. And then mybe try to "toe" my way through;) And about the IP-thing: I really don't think they're that clever. Come on: BBC! In fact I was surprised to see that they have a website. Please not another smiley but you know: winkwink.

And Imbrie: I'm a girl! It's not me in my avatar!;) Argh! Everybody thinks I'm a bloke. Damn.:(

Last edited:
My fingers are dropping off from all this voting!! Hope Macca's fans aren't as passionate as us lot!

OK, cant go into too much details as I have had a call 'from someone in the know'.
we need to get those votes in as I was given Morrissey's position in the three and lets just say more votes are needed!!!!

www.bbc.co.uk/cultureshow You will find details of how to vote online here.

The voting carries on until Midday on Monday 11th December. The winner is announced on BBC Two's "The Culture Show" on Saturday 16th December.

The Goat

Is he second?
Who's first?
How far behind is he from winning?

Goat, is there any chance this deep throat-ish (no, NOT the movie!) someone will call you again? Because really: I'm exhausted. I voted about 1000 times, I guess I'm farsighted by now and let's put it that way: I need to know if my voting spree does make ANY sense. Thanks in advance!

all work and no play makes Sonar a dull girl all work and no play makes Sonar a dull girl all work and no play makes Sonar a dull girl all work and no play...

Back
Top Bottom