Joathan Ross has just made jokes on radio 2 about Moz being racist

Joathan Ross has a few minutes ago on his BBC Radio 2 show played a Smiths song then made jokes about Morrissey singing, 'we don't like your type round here' and posed the question, is he just bonkers?

The show is on until 1pm GMT. Comments should be sent to [email protected]

I sent this:

Subject: Morrissey

Nice to hear his voice on the radio.

When you interviewed him on tv. It was one of the best British tv ever.

You told him you had lambs. Whatever happened to them?

Any chance you could play Morrissey's new single to be released in February, That's how lambs....I mean people grow up. Failing that, how about, you have killed me.

It's rather naughty of you to twist Morrissey's interview with NME to paint him as racist. You cloud the issue further by your comments and that could damage his personally and professionally.

He never said anything like, 'we don't like your type round here' as you joked. At this rate he'll never be your friend.

I think you should clarify that Morrissey spoke of a loss of the England he remembers as a child and is not racist.

Cheers!

The Impotence of Being Earnest

Eh, thanks for giving Wossy more fodder about the stereotype of Moz "fans"/apostles being humourless saddos (edit: with a persecution complex ;)). Not that you are, but you know, that's how it'll be twisted if it's even considered...

Joathan Ross has a few minutes ago on his BBC Radio 2 show played a Smiths song then made jokes about Morrissey singing, 'we don't like your type round here' and posed the question, is he just bonkers?

I sent this:

Any chance you could play Morrissey's new single to be released in February, That's how lambs....I mean people grow up. Failing that, how about, you have killed me.

It's rather naughty of you to twist Morrissey's interview with NME to paint him as racist. You cloud the issue further by your comments and that could damage his personally and professionally.

He never said anything like, 'we don't like your type round here' as you joked. At this rate he'll never be your friend.

I think you should clarify that Morrissey spoke of a loss of the England he remembers as a child and is not racist.

Cheers!
I think you are taking all this far too seriously. Remember that Morrissey's statement was addressed to his fans, as those are the people whose opinion he cares about. If you know Morrissey is not a racist why would you care what people like Ross think?

Didn't listen to the show but I'm sure it was all in jest. Bet you would laugh about it if it was about anyone else. Ross can be a prat sometimes but please take a joke, I know he's a Moz fan and i'm sure it wasn't meant with any malice

Joke all you will, and I might even laugh or nod a bit, but I do not joke when I say that Morrissey the 23rd is fast becoming far and away my favourite morrissey-solo poster.

I sent this:

Cheers!

Surely Ross was just joking! He jokes about far worse things so maybe you should expect it. Anyway he seems to like his music and morrissey has sung on several of his shows so it can;t all be bad

Why do you fill the need to stick up for Morrissey like this, you sound like his mother!

Even if Jonathan was just joking, someone with real brains just woudln't have done it. I think it's time to take a stand Morrisseywise. Either you think he's an idiot or you don't. If you don't, joke about the NME, at best.

I sent this:

Cheers!

Nice one Hugh! ;)
(and im totally on your side here)

Are you sure it was today's show?
I've just had a listen to the podcast and could hear nothing about Moz.On the playlist for today's show,no Smiths songs either :confused:

On last week's show's playlist,he played This Charming Man
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom