It's not your birthday anymore

It's not your birthday anymore is the most beautiful song Morrissey has written since ... well I don't know. But we've had it on repeat here in the office today and it is stunning.
That's why we love Morrissey.

write down the lyrics please Walter

Morrissey must surely have some serious issues, considering he covered one of their b-sides on the Your Arsenal tour? Of course, referring to what you've said in other threads, Morrissey can creatively and artistically do no wrong,so what it's going to be?

Also, Sister_Steve is a better bitchy poster than you.

Oh, I thought I was being rather polite?!?:sick:

Oooo I like how you remember my other comments!

And as for bitchy.........................

1-0 to the Budd.

Of course I remember everything you say, you're a girl, on the internet!

Crashing Bores along with some other tracks (FOTGTD, I Like You, Mexico, etc) were played live in 2002, before they appeared on YATQ. It isn't like this hasn't happened before re: tracks being played live first.

http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=02/08/31/0249238

So it isn't necessarily a bad thing that we've "already heard half the album".

Wasn't Crashing Bores along with some other tracks played live in 2002, before they appeared on YATQ? It isn't like this hasn't happened before re: tracks being played live first.

The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
First Of The Gang To Die
I Like You
Mexico
Irish Blood, English Heart

was played live 2002.

Yeah, I just looked it up + edited.

1-0 to the Budd.

Of course I remember everything you say, you're a girl, on the internet!

Gosh you are getting on my tits now......:cool:

Now somebody has let Morrissey's newborn run free, do you (those of you that have made Moz angry tonight) agree that this is a great song?

Now somebody has let Morrissey's newborn run free, do you (those of you that have made Moz angry tonight) agree that this is a great song?

im listening to it now. just said on the other thread it was really good. probably great, yes.

The middle 8 bit mentioned above is amazing.

Fantastic !!!

FABUOLUS !!!

imagine him singing that on his 50th b'day gig

Am I the only one who doesn't like this song??

The lyrics on first listen are intriguing and the music potentially quite interesting but the production is bloody AWFUL. Bring back TV!!

A lost classic is a most depressing thing indeed. The following track 'You were good in your time' is considerably better.

As I say it was only my first listen and I can't comment that much but I was not impressed, especially on reading the excited missives on here.

The rest of the album is pretty good and quite exciting but my misgivings about the late Jerry Finn have not been swayed, even though the live recording eradicates much of his usual synthetic sound.

Anyway, opinion is subject to change as always, but calm down people..this is not a new Suedehead or Pigsty by any means..

Am I the only one who doesn't like this song??

The lyrics on first listen are intriguing and the music potentially quite interesting but the production is bloody AWFUL. Bring back TV!!

A lost classic is a most depressing thing indeed. The following track 'You were good in your time' is considerably better.

As I say it was only my first listen and I can't comment that much but I was not impressed, especially on reading the excited missives on here.

The rest of the album is pretty good and quite exciting but my misgivings about the late Jerry Finn have not been swayed, even though the live recording eradicates much of his usual synthetic sound.

Anyway, opinion is subject to change as always, but calm down people..this is not a new Suedehead or Pigsty by any means..

To each his own...
But I severely disagree.
The song is amazing, especially the production.

Each to their own as you say, and one listen is certainly not enough to be spouting off like that really, but it was a real disappointment after what was a very promising first two thirds of an album.

The shorter, looser, glam rock stompers are a breath of fresh air but to me are lacking that organic quality that ROTT had in spades.

That said, great songs defy their production in most cases, can't wait to hear them live :) Roll on 22/05/09

The production is excellent. What the f***?

Back
Top Bottom