"Istanbul" single (digital download) released (May 20, 2014)

Just downloaded from Amazon.
First listen - wow! Very Smiths-esque.

As noted by Ryan., the download is should also now be available to those who pre-ordered the album. CrystalGeezer notes the song is also now available on iTunes.

As mentioned by Uncleskinny, this release has not been publicized yet on Harvest Records' Twitter feed, TTY, or Morrissey's Official Facebook page.

Also now available on Spotify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid single.

I imagine we will hear it tonight.

Sitting here in Lawrence, Kansas. Just waiting. Waiting.

It's available on iTunes today too.

I should have known the download would be made available to me because i have the ultimate bundle pre-ordered. Unfortunately i ran out and got the iTunes download at midnight. I have more Istanbul than i know what to do with!

It's soooo good. The post production is fantastic. Jesse composed this? It's one of those songs that grabs you the first time you hear it, those are rare, good for Jesse. :cool:

EDIT: Jesse did Bullfighter, my bad. (I love Bullfighter BTW. Unfortunately I heard it for the first time while huddled in line with a bunch of snoring, weird Morrissey fans so my first impressions are tainted with "I hate my life now.")

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Istanbul" single (digital download) released (May 20, 2014)

It's soooo good. The post production is fantastic. Jesse composed this? It's one of those songs that grabs you the first time you hear it, those are rare, good for Jesse. :cool:

Boz composed this. Jesse composed 'The Bullfighter Dies'...

- - - Updated - - -

I should have known the download would be made available to me because i have the ultimate bundle pre-ordered. Unfortunately i ran out and got the iTunes download at midnight. I have more Istanbul than i know what to do with!

Herpa derp. You should've known, dopey.

Boz composed this. Jesse composed 'The Bullfighter Dies'...

- - - Updated - - -

Herpa derp. You should've known, dopey.

Ahhhh, okay. That makes more sense actually, I hear Boz's favorite chord transitions from the 90s, he must've been feeling nostalgic when he composed it. :p I was looking for that chart you found but there's so many threads all the info is spread out.

Ahhhh, okay. That makes more sense actually, I hear Boz's favorite chord transitions from the 90s, he must've been feeling nostalgic when he composed it. :p I was looking for that chart you found but there's so many threads all the info is spread out.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...r-Dies?p=1986836419&viewfull=1#post1986836419

Yeah, it's a bit little bit of 'Jack The Ripper' & 'Now My Heart Is Full' (but harder)...

The song has grown on me a lot.
Nice that it was made available on Boz's birthday too.
Regards,
FWD

I wish they didn't put it on spotify right away.

They should wait a month before putting it on any streaming service.

As for my take on the song, it's very good.
Musically I really like it.
Lyrically it's pretty good.
Vocally it's amazing.

8.5/10

Hi everyone,
This is my first message in this forum

I just wanted to say Istanbul reminds me of Jack The Ripper and, in some parts, My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye ;)

musically and vocally very good

regards from Spain
Dani

Very good song. One of the most interesting in recent memory. However, I disagree with a comment in the original news article about it being "Very Smiths-esque." I don't see that at all.

It strikes me as very Vauxhall-era mixed with the very best qualities of Ringleader. And with great production.

Last edited:
I absolutely adore this song! The music is gorgeous. Has Boz written all over it--Jack the Ripper. Love the bongos, and the call to prayer at the beginning... and then Moz sings, Oh what have I done... goosebumps. His voice is breathtaking. I can't say enough about this song. Words fail me and my vocabulary is pedestrian. But there you have it. It is brilliant! Best song since anything from Quarry.

Are you guys getting a solid dose of I Will See You in Far Off Places like I am after playing the new songs? :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom