Is Morrissey a RACIST?!?!

• Thread starter Consumer Monkey
  • Start date
C

Consumer Monkey

Only joking.

As Anthony said to Cleopatra->

A song in which the ambitions of the young protagonist are thwarted by the jealous actions of his best friend ( 700Kb mp3 ) - ( unfortunately this link doesn't work because the address has passed through some sort of censorship filter - this filter will protect you and your family from most of the worlds evils and prevent you from turning into ravening monsters - we should thank all those people involved in censorship for keeping us happy and sane )
cleostill10.jpg

Amanda Barrie

Cool pic of the lovely Amanda "Alma Sedgwick" Barrie, Consumer Monkey. Moz fans should be aware of this link; Amanda played Cleopatra in "Carry on Cleo" alongside Sid James, which more than likely inspired the line in "Some Girl Are Bigger Than Others". "Oh I say" was a catchphrase of the late Kenneth "matron" Williams, also of "Carry On" and "Barclays Bank" fame. Ms Barrie has played Alma Sedgwick / Baldwin in British TV Soap "Coronation Street" for about 15 years now, which takes us along to "Alma Matters", which is what Morrissey probably intended us to think. Oh, and Ms Barrie also presented spooky mid-Seventies childrens' puppet TV show "Hickory House", in which inanimate objects (such as "Humphrey Cushion" and "Dusty Mop") came alive and had adventures. Scared the plasma out of me when I was a 5 year old...

Ahhhhh.....

> Cool pic of the lovely Amanda "Alma Sedgwick" Barrie,¿ Consumer Monkey. Moz fans should be aware of this link...

Thanks so much, guys! As an American, some of Morrissey's references are lost on me (though I try my best to learn about them). I didn't know about "Oh, I say" being a Williams catch-phrase, for instance.

Re: Amanda Barrie

I thought "Oh I say" was the catchphrase of Charles Hawtrey. Talking of whom, I recently saw a book with a picture of the author who looked just like Charles Hawtrey called something like "The man who was mistaken for Charles Hawtrey" or something. There was a small comment by Morrissey on the back, where he says "I very much approve" or something. Does anyone know anything about this?¿ Cool pic of the lovely Amanda "Alma Sedgwick" Barrie,¿ Consumer Monkey. Moz fans should be aware of this link; Amanda¿ played Cleopatra in "Carry on Cleo" alongside Sid¿ James, which more than likely inspired the line in "Some¿ Girl Are Bigger Than Others". "Oh I say" was a¿ catchphrase of the late Kenneth "matron" Williams,¿ also of "Carry On" and "Barclays Bank" fame.¿ Ms Barrie has played Alma Sedgwick / Baldwin in British TV Soap¿ "Coronation Street" for about 15 years now, which¿ takes us along to "Alma Matters", which is what¿ Morrissey probably intended us to think. Oh, and Ms Barrie also¿ presented spooky mid-Seventies childrens' puppet TV show¿ "Hickory House", in which inanimate objects (such as¿ "Humphrey Cushion" and "Dusty Mop") came¿ alive and had adventures. Scared the plasma out of me when I was¿ a 5 year old...

A song in which the ambitions of the young protagonist are thwarted by the jealous actions of his best friend ( 700Kb mp3 ) - ( unfortunately this link doesn't work because the address has passed through some sort of censorship filter - this filter will protect you and your family from most of the worlds evils and prevent you from turning into ravening monsters - we should thank all those people involved in censorship for keeping us happy and sane )
cleostill10.jpg

morrissey cover blurbs

Since when does Morrissey do blurbs for books?

Re: Amanda Barrie

> I thought "Oh I say" was the catchphrase of Charles¿ Hawtrey.

Both Hawtrey and Williams used it. Just watch "Carry on Nurse", for example.

Back
Top Bottom