How much do The Smiths/Morrissey constitute from your time spent listening to music ?

Re: How much do The Smiths/Morrissey constitute from your time spent listening to mus

To add to my post above , I am unable ( or rather unwilling ) to listen to other music at the moment...It's either Moz/Smiths or none....

I received the Script's CD as a gift 3 weeks back and it's still wrapped !!:crazy:

Re: How much do The Smiths/Morrissey constitute from your time spent listening to mus

According to my Last.FM;

The Smiths - 2,351
Morrissey - 2,234
Laura Marling - 551

Poor Laura.

Perhaps I should have added "/sarcasm" ;)

Ohhh! Sarcasm on the internet! You know how hard it is for me to detect sometimes. I know very well how much you listen to Morrissey. And I know we both know there's never too much.

In my car , I have been listening to YOR since March, nothing else honestly.
Back home , late at night in bed ( especially now that winter is coming up) i listen to Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk,Duffy, Dusty Sprinfield. Not much else, nothing else actually.
Cheers Moz

The top artist may not be "The" Smiths but he is "A" Smith

jbhjuy-1.jpg

I definitely listen to them the most, but I don't know about "most of the time". If I'm being honest, it's probably over half the time. And why not?! They're quite good...

My current fix is PiL. :guitar:

The Queen is Dead - is the only thing that I have listened to in my car for the last 2 months.... for some reason it never gets old
:guitar:

I'd say that i listen to the smiths like a 70% and Morrissey a 25%..

For me right now it's like 50% Morrissey, 40% The Smiths and the puny (I've been wanting to use this adj forever) 10% left is split between Placebo, Pink Floyd, Leonard Cohen and Muse. I'm working on my MA thesis and listening to music all day long, so that's a HUGE daily amount of Moz.

Morrissey is the #1 on my play count, but incredibly, he only accounts for 6.4% of the total. Very bizarre as I would've guessed beforehand that it would've been about 20%. I feel like I should hand in some letter of resignation of sorts.

I definitely listen to them the most, but I don't know about "most of the time". If I'm being honest, it's probably over half the time. And why not?! They're quite good...

You listen to one music artist over half the time you are listening to music? That's pretty strange. I listen to an extremely wide diversity of music.

You know what's fun, though? When you have some rap-obsessed dude in your car and you know he pretty much only listens to rap music, and you make him listen to Morrissey, or any other very white music (it's too bad Morrissey is regarded as white music, and I think that's mostly a result of bigotry against white people). Rap fans are funny because they are, by far, the most closed-minded people you will ever come across. And they act all weird when you play something outside of their "comfort zone". They actually seem offended, sometimes, that you don't turn over your car stereo to them, let them plug in their MP3 player, and subject you to their shit for the whole ride. More than once I've had such a person try and demand of me that I should let him plug in his MP3 player and dictate what we listen to IN MY CAR from the back seat via his MP3 player - an MP3 player that's always full of whatever trendy rubbish they're pushing on the urban stations this week.

I like to see the look of pain on their faces after they realize that just as I didn't vote for Obama, I won't be submissive about what is played in my car just because a hippity hip hop fan happens to be along for the ride.

Last edited:

Probably about 65-70%, although I couldn't give you a percentage of how much I listen to each. :D It's subsided a little in the last few months, however Moz/Smiths does still make up a lot of my listening.

I listen to him everyday, without exception :thumb:

my ipod is half filled with Moz/Smiths.The rest ( at the moment) is The XX, Temper Trap, The The, Bat for Lashes, Doll & the Kicks and Buzzcocks :)

I tend to listen to lots of different new things in sobriety, generally Uncut recommended. Lately I have been listening to Felice Brothers, Warren Zevon and Mitch Hedberg a lot.

With a drink in me however the Moz comes out generally Your Arsenal and The World Won't Listen.

In my defence, I am Scottish... which means they come out often enough.

Back
Top Bottom