Goodnight Sweetheart

The Youngest

doesn't eat his friends
I was just watching Goodnight Sweetheart* and Gary is asked to sing a song. He sings (very badly) a bit from Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now!!!! He even gets a little flower and waves it infront of him!!!!

*For those of you who don't know GS, it is about a man who finds a portal to the 40's. (I don't know that much about it so if anyone else has anything to add about it. :D)

In The Commitments there's somebody who sings that too... in the auditions part.

Yeah saw that a few years back. What is quite interesting is that it is meant to be Noel Cowards' flat that the scene took place. But the characters from the 40's were unaware of who he was. Only the character "Gary" new. Hardly earth shattering information but I thought I'd let you know.

Last edited:
Aww, I used to love that program! I remember that episode too (I always remember the most important things in life), but I was oblivious to the existence of Morrissey at the time so the song wouldn't have meant much to me then. It's weird, I caught an episode of it the other day and I suddenly noticed all this innuendo which completely passed me by when I was young, weird to think all the stuff you miss when you're all innocent.

Back
Top Bottom